The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: New Jiffy 2500 Starting Questions  (Read 455 times)

Offline Mr_Jigster

• Team IceShanty Regular
New Jiffy 2500 Starting Questions
« on: Jan 10, 2011, 08:22 AM »
So I unpacked my new Jiffy, and started it up yesterday for the first time.  I read in the manual, that it says to hold the throttle wide open when starting.  I found it a little awkward to hold that open when trying to get it fired up.  Is it necessary to do it, and if not, how much harder would it be to start without doing it?  I also read these new engines cant be flooded.....is this correct? 

Offline wyo700

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: New Jiffy 2500 Starting Questions
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2011, 11:47 PM »
i have a 3500 series but the starting procedure is exactly the same.  when i first got mine i did not press throttle just put on full choke.  it will start without pulling throttle but will probably take more pulls.  this last weekend it was 2*F and when pressing thottle and on full choke it started in 3 pulls and almost with two.  i remember before it would take almost ten or more to get started. 

as for the flooding i thought they could not be flooded but maybe its just on the 3500 series but i thought it was all the same on all newer models.  but if it says that it can be in your manuel then it probably can.  i have never had any problem though. 

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warranty Void if Seal is Broken
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2011, 02:29 AM »
I would start it just like the manual says, just because it is new.

Once the auger is "broke in", it may start easy enough where you wouldn't need to hold the throttle down.

Just my Opinion.

Wiener

Offline Mr_Jigster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2011, 01:46 PM »
Alright, she fired right up on the 2nd pull last night.  Seems dangerous though, lol.  I started it it my shed with the blade cover on, need to be careful to let OFF the throttle when taking full choke off, lol.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.