Author Topic: Granby Area Help  (Read 1703 times)

Offline WiscoNative

• IceShanty Rookie
Granby Area Help
« on: Dec 30, 2015, 08:59 AM »
Hey All-

The wife and I are meeting up with some friends over the New Years and renting a cabin up near Granby. First off I was wondering any recommendations for bait shop/tackle shop up near that area. I have never fished up there and was going to see if I could talk to someone to point me in the right direction. Also heard WF is another good option to try. I have friends who have never been ice fishing that want to join as well.....would you recommend Granby or WF. My guess would be that they just want to catch fish rather than a chance at a nice one.

Thanks all and have a Happy New Years
“Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Granby Area Help
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2015, 10:13 AM »
I believe that it is budget tackle in Granby. Great shop and very helpful

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2015, 10:23 AM »
Go to Willow Creek Res. if you want to catch lots of easy fish.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Beerslushy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2015, 08:20 PM »
You should be able to get into some trout near shore at granby.  I don't know how much ice it has yet though.

Offline Dr Hook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2016, 12:47 PM »
I am looking to plan a trip to Granby around the third week of January.  Is there a spot to camp in my RV there?  I don't need hookups, just a place to park close to the lake, and hopefully, have a campfire.

Offline tristen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2016, 04:42 PM »
Don't know of a campfire but I just reserved rooms at mustachios and they are right on the lake.  Looking at about $100 a night or less which isn't bad at all.  Plus they have a restaurant.

Offline Timberline

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2016, 10:35 PM »
You will be better off in your camper. Stayed two nights and they closed the bar at 9 pm tonight after a hundred dollar meal. You can't ride in and out parked on lake and had to climb a 100' cliff to hotel. Shower sucks worst I have ever paid for. Don't waste your money stay somewhere else.

Offline tristen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2016, 01:09 PM »
You will be better off in your camper. Stayed two nights and they closed the bar at 9 pm tonight after a hundred dollar meal. You can't ride in and out parked on lake and had to climb a 100' cliff to hotel. Shower sucks worst I have ever paid for. Don't waste your money stay somewhere else.

Well crap this is discouraging.  I was hoping I could just take the side by side out on the lake and back to the hotel. 

Offline Timberline

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2016, 05:25 PM »
Sorry I shouldn't be so negative the people that own the place are super nice and the food is fantastic. The thought of ride in and out is why we booked also but had to unload at the Stillwater boat ramp and left sleds parked on the lake. On the bright side fishing was great!

Offline tristen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2016, 05:56 PM »
Sorry I shouldn't be so negative the people that own the place are super nice and the food is fantastic. The thought of ride in and out is why we booked also but had to unload at the Stillwater boat ramp and left sleds parked on the lake. On the bright side fishing was great!

Well it will be my first time there.  Just bought a side by side and was hoping I could take it out on the ice.  But the closer I get to the tournament I think we will be tracking in which isn't ideal but can make due.  Wish I would have bought a sled,  such a big lake really wanted to fish the north side.

Offline Teamroper3684

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2016, 07:21 PM »
Was out today seen quite a few guys on side x sides I'd bring it that's a pain in the ass walking across that lake specially if you're like me and like to love til you find fish

Offline tristen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2016, 08:04 PM »
Was out today seen quite a few guys on side x sides I'd bring it that's a pain in the ass walking across that lake specially if you're like me and like to love til you find fish
Wow this is great news!  Thanks a bunch for that update.  Going up Sunday and taking the side by side!

Offline Teamroper3684

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2016, 08:07 PM »
Just be careful on the pressure ridge going north to south by sunset, I broke through crossing it on the sled at one of the only flat spots I see,  everyone else was going west over the point at sunset by all the cabins then hitting ice there, I'm not sure how it is crossing it further north but I crossed it where I seen someone else's tracks Saturday morning and bout crapped myself. That was he only spot I was worried about

Offline tristen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2016, 08:32 PM »
Fantastic thank you! 

Offline Teamroper3684

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 12, 2016, 09:00 PM »
No problem and every where else I fished I had 6-10" of ice, but I was still cautious, there were spots that didn't seem like the snow was sticking to the ice could have been wind blowing but I avoided them when everywhere else has 3" of snow on the ice and other big areas look like there's not much snow it bugs me and I was on snowmobiles, I just found someone else's paths and followed them but not was early morning we were on ice by 7 so I try and play it safe

Offline tristen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2016, 09:37 PM »
Yep don't blame ya I will do the same considering my side x side is just over 1000 pounds

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.