Author Topic: Maine Hunting trip  (Read 1941 times)

Offline jgguppyboy2

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice ice baby!
Maine Hunting trip
« on: Nov 16, 2007, 08:46 AM »
Went up to maine this week.  My buddy and I and his dad and grandfather.  We went up with a group of about 14 guys total and stayed at a campground with a bunch of other hunters as well.  Monday morning my buddy tagged out with a button buck.  It looked a little bigger than it turned out to be.  They have thick coats on now so looks can be decieving!  Tuesday morning I tagged out with a 100lb doe!  As of last night we were still the only 2 on the campground to get deer!  The young guys showing the oldtimers how to hunt!!  So we came back yesterday leaving everyone else behind!  All in all it was a fun trip.   Next year I will be waiting till the last few days before I shoot a doe though, cuz it was a little short.  But it still put more meat in the freezer!  Now its back to NH bow season!  My buddy went out thismorning and had a small 4 pointer walk right under him.  He just called me and told me he just got off stand and walked by a feild and there was 2 does in it and 1 minute later he called back and said the 4 pointer just came through and chased them off!   Their movin all over the place now!!!

~Stefan~

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Maine Hunting trip
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2007, 08:58 AM »
great luck for you   but how did you get ahold of a doe tag?    Ive been trying for years!!!! with no luck!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline jgguppyboy2

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice ice baby!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2007, 09:09 AM »
haha!  I got lucky I guess!  It was in zone 23 which I guess has the most available tags in the state.  Actualy everyone in my cabin got a doe tag and 9 out of our 14 guys total got one!

~Stefan~

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2007, 11:26 AM »
haha!  I got lucky I guess!  It was in zone 23 which I guess has the most available tags in the state.  Actualy everyone in my cabin got a doe tag and 9 out of our 14 guys total got one!

~Stefan~
Stefan,
where in Zone 23 do you hunt? My friend has a camp in Troy Maine which is in zone 23. That zone is loaded with deer. I don't think you get denied a permit for that area if you apply!!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2007, 03:04 PM »
ok man....no more deer for you this season!  LOL!

Offline jgguppyboy2

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice ice baby!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2007, 07:41 PM »
We were in the plymouth area.  I think non residents stand a chance not to get a doe tag.  I know 2 other guys that said they applied for one but didnt get it.  So I dont know.  Maybe they didnt apply in time. 

~Stefan~

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2007, 07:46 PM »
congrats stephan...you are having quite a season!!   ;)

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2007, 06:00 AM »
Ive applied every year since they started this permit only   alas  never a doe  or a moose :(  or the lottery         known too many that have had multiples of each since :(  I'm beginning to think its fixed!!!!!!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2007, 06:43 AM »
Ive applied every year since they started this permit only   alas  never a doe  or a moose :(  or the lottery         known too many that have had multiples of each since :(  I'm beginning to think its fixed!!!!!!
Hmmm...thought all residents got one............... ;) But that's why its a lottery............. :laugh: Wouldn't invest much in powerball with those odds........... :'(
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline waterfowlah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2013, 02:23 PM »
good for u great deer
Team Grizzly. ICE 55. Hopped up JIFFY owner ported polished custom expansion chamber 36" in 2.5 seconds HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2013, 02:43 PM »
good for u great deer

That deer was killed 5 years ago  ;)

Offline waterfowlah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 15, 2013, 03:26 PM »
still a nice deer,   ::) :tipup:
Team Grizzly. ICE 55. Hopped up JIFFY owner ported polished custom expansion chamber 36" in 2.5 seconds HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Jan 15, 2013, 03:44 PM »
LOL!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.