The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Marcum recon 5  (Read 700 times)

Offline denali

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum recon 5
« on: Jan 24, 2022, 03:58 PM »
Just ordered one from Scheels, they have a 20% off sale going. Anyone having trouble or success with theirs? Pounds lighter than my 20 year old aqua-view
Some people spend their entire life wondering if they’ve made a difference in this world. The Marines don’t have that problem...President Ronald Reagan

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Marcum recon 5
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2022, 04:17 PM »
No problem with mine. Going on year 4 or 5 or so probably. I’ve had it since they came out with them pretty much. If you plan on using it to fish with, good luck. It’s more of a scouting tool for me. I like it to check structure and look for the weed edges.

Offline QuinnTheEskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2022, 04:42 PM »
They work fine, it’s a little difficult to figure out which way your camera is pointing if it’s below where you can see.  A panner of some sort is helpful.  I don’t find the lights on the camera to be useful so you need pretty good natural light. 

Offline denali

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2022, 05:32 PM »
Thanks guys, I rarely fish with a camera, but I like to look for the elusive green weeds.
Some people spend their entire life wondering if they’ve made a difference in this world. The Marines don’t have that problem...President Ronald Reagan

Offline Snoman2005

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2022, 07:47 PM »
I love mine!  You will need a panner, to aim it in a controlled direction.  It's awesome.

Offline Rise_Form

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2022, 09:32 PM »
My buddy has one.  It’s really sweet.  I’d like to get one for next season for sure.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.