Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1625635 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #23880 on: Jun 26, 2021, 07:26 AM »
62* and overcast.
OS, good luck with the hip.
Drifter, I was thinking the same as Eddie, the water still has to be pretty cool.
TT, good to hear that all is going well with the wife.
IW, wish this lake had more panfish, perch and rock bass are about all. Glad you had a good day.
Glad I took Lindsay with me yesterday, she was the only one to catch fish. SMB, walleye, perch and rock bass, ONE of each. I just cannot get them to hit much. Did see more fish along the breaks. We had a fun day. Had a friend call while we were on the lake, he was also fishing and had just landed a 20 to 25 pound CATFISH. Took him 45 minutes to get it into the boat on 6lb test line.

Had a nephew who lived in Dallas pass away yesterday. On the same day as his father, my brother Bruce, did 6 years ago. Tony had cancer.

Hope everyone has a good day a stay safe....h2l

Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23881 on: Jun 26, 2021, 07:33 AM »
H2L.....so sorry to hear of your nephew's passing  :'( :'(  thoughts and prayers sent to you and yours   :(

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23882 on: Jun 26, 2021, 10:48 AM »
Sorry to hear about your nephew H2L.

First day of vacation, we'll technically 2nd but yesterday was all work soooooo.....
My plans for the day are to do nothing!!! Slept in, ate some food, watch TV and when I get motivated go fishing.  ;D

Online zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23883 on: Jun 26, 2021, 11:45 AM »
80° and wiiiiindy here. We got 2.25" of rain last night, and more coming in today. A tornado touched down about a mile north of the building I work in around 8pm. A stormchaser got some pretty good shots of it.

In better news, Dad is getting discharged this afternoon. His gf has zero sense of direction and it's about a 4 hour round trip, so I'm just heading out to go pick him up now.

In

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23884 on: Jun 26, 2021, 11:47 AM »
h2l.....Very sorry to read of your Nephews passing. Thoughts and prayers.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23885 on: Jun 27, 2021, 05:46 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 69* and very humid. Never did get any thunderstorms yesterday. ::)
                            H2l.........I'm sorry to hear about your nephew, my condolences to you and his family. :(
                            Fish........Those are some crazy hotel rates. :cookoo: I don't blame the guy for going after the bigger paying job. :whistle:
                            Dave......I think taking a day to kind of wind down before getting in to the cabin work is a must. :thumbsup:
                            Wally......Looks like you three were busy getting hunting camp spruced up. :flex:
                            Zcm.......I've seen a few twisters from a distance, scary because you never know which way they will go. :unsure:
                            Eddie.....How did the concrete pour go yesterday? ???
                            No rain in the forecast today so I think I'm going to finish staining the front porch, the deck is it.
                            I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23886 on: Jun 27, 2021, 07:16 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

62 with a dew point of 61 makes for a nasty morning. There has been rain to the south and rain to the north but we are in a rain free void it seems.

IW.... hope the remaining staining goes well :thumbsup:

WW....Good job with the mowing at the hunting camp :thumbsup: That's about how it was at the shack before I mowed a couple weeks ago. I am heading to the shack this Thursday to replenish a couple of mineral licks. It will be a fast trip as the bugs are crazy.

Eddie.... Hope the pour went well and was problem free :thumbsup:

I am off to Home Depot for a couple of things. Not much else on the planner. I have the AC turned on in the garage so will spend some time tinkering out there.

Hope you all have a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #23887 on: Jun 27, 2021, 07:43 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Marv, Morning Everyone,
  75* and climbing, sticky hot already with dew points around 70 and humidity in the 90’s, high of 90 here today.

H2…so sorry to read about the loss of your nephew, my sincere condolences, thoughts and prayers sent to you and the families Sir.
  Jeff…good luck finishing up your deck today, stay hydrated!   :thumbsup:  The concrete job went real well yesterday, trucks were on time and we were finished up right around noon.
  Z…thanks for sharing the picture, those tornadoes are no joke. That’s great news on your Dad, best wishes to him on a full recovery at home!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Dave…sounds like a perfect start to your day yesterday, hope the fishing was hot yesterday!   :clap:  Thought of you yesterday…stopped at a KFC on my way home and got the big bucket and fixins!!   ;D
  Wally…nice job on the hunting camp, you guys have a good system getting knocking down all that grass!   :bow: :clap:   Taking the bike out today for an ice cream cruise?
  FH4…that really sucks about the plane delay and the price gouging to get rooms, dang! Hope everyone made it through that debacle ok, enjoy what’s left of the weekend with the family.   :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope some of that rain makes it’s your way, I’m sure things are still crispy!  :thumbsup:  Looks like some of your weather will be here with us for a couple days, hazy/hot/humid …and then rain for the rest of the week.  :%$#!:

Little sore this morning, not sure if it’s from the concrete job yesterday or feeding the fire last night until about midnight….it was a good day all around!   ;D
  Not much on the planner yet, will definitely be where the air conditioning is most of the day though.  Cawfee’s on….see a raspberry danish under the dome!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23888 on: Jun 27, 2021, 08:22 AM »
Morning all,

ZCM.....glad to hear Dad's home  :thumbsup:  fingers crossed he continues to improve daily  ;)

FH4.....hope everyone is rested up after all the delays  ::)  seems there is a lot of inconsistencies with pay scales no matter where you work  :-\

WS.....I know sharing is usually a good thing, but you REALLY didn't need to share your crazy weather with us here in the east  :nono: :whistle: 

Eddie.....not sure on the bike ride, think if we do any traveling it might be in the car with the a/c on high  @)

IW.....going to be toasty outside, hope your porch is in a shady spot  ;D any update on your M-I-L  ???

H2L.....glad Lindsay was able to keep the skunk out of your boat  :flex: 

Drifter.....hope the fish were feeding yesterday  ;)2

Nothing much planned for today other than trying to find a cool spot  :unsure:  I used to love this type of weather but not so much as I get older  :blink:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23889 on: Jun 27, 2021, 08:36 AM »
Hello sorry about the passing always a hard time.

Well made it home and everyone was exhausted. I slept in until 7 which for the last couple months that has not happened. Plus most were sleeping by 730 last night. Now making some pancakes for breakfast as the clouds are around today with rain off and on so far. Would love to be on the lake but looks like a day to stay here and get some rest and catch up on some chores. Have a great Sunday everyone.

Online zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23890 on: Jun 27, 2021, 12:53 PM »
Thanks everyone, I go right past the old man's place on my commute to work, so I'll probably check up on him after work tomorrow or Tuesday.

The river situation is not great... it's raining now, and it's supposed to continue on and off until Friday. I had a quick look at one of the ramps I use this morning, and it's minor flooding there. The top of the ramp is back by those signs, so another 4 days of rain is going to suck.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #23891 on: Jun 27, 2021, 03:26 PM »
Good  afternoon guys and gals.we went from extreme drought here in Michigan to getting over 8" of rain in the past 2 days.my pond went from 3ft deep to over 12 in a few hrs and my yard looked like a river from the small normally dry drainage ditch.it was a little much but im a overcast stormy day kind of guy over the bluebird sunny days.rain in forecast next 4 days too.thats about it for news in my neck of the woods.I haven't been fishing in awhile.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23892 on: Jun 27, 2021, 05:11 PM »
First chance to update in awhile, just got off the Columbia River, First time I’ve gotten near internet hookup since last Thursday when I was able to launch in the fresh water targets were Kokanee salmon
[/url first time getting run off due to it being so hot (112*) and a forecast of the same for tomorrow. Right now I need find if my A/C will fire up and update latter
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23893 on: Jun 28, 2021, 04:42 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

65 heading to 82 by mid afternoon. Scattered showers possible :whistle:

Bud....Congrats on the catch :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WW....Hope today is a little cooler :thumbsup:

Almost time to head out the door for a walk. I am heading to the range at 9, then I have window washing on my list.

I will check in later to see what everyone has going.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23894 on: Jun 28, 2021, 04:55 AM »
70* this morning. A couple more days and then they are saying a cool down. I hope they are correct.
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.
The lake was very busy over the weekend. I heard there were only a couple police calls to break up fights at one of the launches.
ZCM, hope your Dad is doing ok. We don't need those kinds of rains over here.
WW, car and A/C sounds like a plan, ice cream would melt to quick on the bike.
Hope everyone has a good day and stay cool...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23895 on: Jun 28, 2021, 05:25 AM »

Good morning Marv, H2l, ER's,
                         It's 73* and partly, partly here on my hill. With a high near 90* and high humidity. ::)
                         Marv.........Enjoy you walk. Window washing is a way to cool off. :thumbsup:
                         H2l...........That's a nice catfish your friend caught. :flex:
                         Bud..........Nice catch, thanks for sharing the picture. :clap:
                         Eddie........I'm glad the concrete pour went smoothly and you were done by noon. :flex:
                         Wally.........That's a good way to beat the heat, I did the same thing after staining. :whistle: My MIL is doing better, the Dr.'s have
              found the cause to her problem. She has 2 leaky hear valves and fluid building on top of her heart. They don't seem to concerned  with the valves
              but the fluid build up is a different story. The good news they can control the fluid with meds, so we'll see how it goes.. Thanks for asking.
                          Well yesterday I finished staining my front porch except for the supporting post, I overlooked pressure washing them. Fortunately
              I can do it at another time.

I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Online zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23896 on: Jun 28, 2021, 05:28 AM »
DR.SPECKLER - pretty much the same here. We went from mild drought to drowning in a week. We've gotten almost double the monthly June average precip, and most of it has been in the last week.

70° and cloudy here, supposed to be 85° with more t-storms this afternoon. We got a fair bit of rain overnight, but I didn't look in the gauge to see how much. 

It keeps this up, I'll be boating to work by the end of the week. 🚣

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #23897 on: Jun 28, 2021, 06:05 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Looks like another repeat of yesterday’s weather here today…72* with a high of 90.

Wally….agreed, not a fan of the hot weather with the high humidity/dew points…hopefully we won’t see triple digits like Bud!   :woot:  Has the recent weather helped out your garden?
  FH4…hope you all enjoyed a peaceful relaxing day together yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Z….thanks for sharing the picture, hopefully the river doesn’t blow out too bad over the next few days.  :thumbsup:
  Doc…wow, that’s a lot rain over 2 days! Hope your basement is staying dry with those water levels rising.   :thumbsup:
  Bud…congrats on the Kokanee, what were they hitting on?  :clap: :thumbsup:  Hard to imagine fishing in 112* temps….another entry to add to your adventure!  :flex:  Hope the AC worked well without any problems….stay hydrated mister!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…glad to see your temps are starting to get back to normal out there!  :clap:  Enjoy the walk while it’s cool, keep em in the 10 ring today at the range!   :thumbsup:
  H2….imagine the hot weather helps bring the worst out of people at the launches, short fused waiting to launch or pulling out baking in the sun. You got the right plan staying off the reservoir on weekends!   ;D :thumbsup:
  Jeff…the porch looks fantastic, excellent job!!  :clap: :bow:  That’s great news on your MIL, so glad they discovered the cause of her problems. Best wishes/thoughts and prayers continued for her, hope the meds can keep everything in check.   :thumbsup:

Not a heck of a lot planned for today, some mowing to be done first thing before it gets sizzling. Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23898 on: Jun 28, 2021, 06:22 AM »
Morning all,

IW......glad the docs have figured out your M-I-L's problem, hope the meds do the trick  :clap:  the porch looks AMAZING, great job  :thumbsup: :bow:

WS.....hopefully the little dance works and you see some rain later  ;)2

H2L......pretty sad when the  :callcops:  have to come stop fights at a boat launch  :nono: :cookoo:

IFF....congrats on the fish, it's a beauty  :thumbsup: :flex: :bow:  hope the a/c kicked on when you flipped the switch :unsure:

Eddie....the garden does seem to finally be growing  ;)  fingers crossed we don't get to triple digits  :blink:

Another steamy one on tap today  ::)  made a run to town around 5:30 yesterday, this was my dash....

hopefully we're not quite as toasty today  :o

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23899 on: Jun 28, 2021, 07:55 AM »
It cooled off over night for a change.

MODIFY So I do not lose another post!!!

DCM It was good to here your dad got discharged from the hospital.

H2l MY condolences for the loss of your nephew.

IW It was good to here they found the problem with you MIL. Hopefully the meds take  care of the fluid build up. The porch looks great.

Eddie The Danish you mentioned sounded great until I realized it was raspberry. I prefer cream cheese.

ww I saw our ice cream stand had a for sale sign it yesterday. Maybe you should buy it so you can eat all of the ice cream you want.

DR We only got 3+ inches of rain at Indian Lake. The tornado that hit in eastern Mecosta county was first spotted between here and Big Rapids. It tore up a bunch of farms when it hit down. It destroyed a few barns full of cattle.

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23900 on: Jun 28, 2021, 08:25 AM »
Not a good sign for the day......9:30 and it's already 86* outside and 84* inside  :pinch:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23901 on: Jun 28, 2021, 09:19 AM »
Ok got laptop fired up, Now lets see, Oh yeah the heat here in the North West, Longview set its all time high temp yesterday at 109.8* and could top that today.  So this cat is going to hunker down with water/gatoraid for the day.  It was a have to let both the A/C and the onboard generator cool down some, had to shut them off while getting propane tank topped of.  At one point I checked the thermometer in the RV it was at 108 Not having a strong enough electric service from the house had to run the generator, A/C hung in long enough to get the temp back down to 74,  So with downing lots of water, and juices made me a happy camper

Spent a restless night, couldn't keep from wheezing and coughing all night.  First thing this morning was entertaining the thought of checking into the nearest hospital ER and have my throat looked at.  Now that I have had a coffee, and breakfast feel more like normal....at least for me  ;D  Will join a retired friend of the Nephews tomorrow and give a go on the Salmon runs in the River, which should see a cool off from the extreme heat. 

Pat here's a little guy caught on the Columbia. it went back due to the fact there is a one Salmon per day limit.  Will be in the hunt for the bigger ones tomorrow

Bud

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23902 on: Jun 28, 2021, 09:26 AM »
IFF.....they sure are pretty  ;)2 :thumbsup:  good luck tomorrow   :flex:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23903 on: Jun 28, 2021, 09:38 AM »
think I was able to get a picture of the boat, its a 29 foot has Merc. 300 can take as many as 8 fishermen at a time.  can do rivers and ocean, He got this boat so he could take wounded vets out.  Oh and tops out at 80MPH.

He will be adding a comfort cover over the first 4 seats that will also be removable
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23904 on: Jun 28, 2021, 11:42 AM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

82 degrees, will probably only get to 84 today.

I worked on the windows until things got to steamy, I will finish them tomorrow.

Bud....Congratulations :clap: :clap: Hope you didn't pick up a bug. 80mph should get you there, good luck tomorrow :thumbsup:

WW.....Hope you can find some shade to hide in. It sounds like your weather is how ours was for a couple weeks :%$#!:

IW....Your house looks  fantastic :thumbsup:

Eddie.....Hope you were able to beat the heat  :thumbsup: I got going on the windows and forgot about the range. Looks like that will be tomorrow.

TT....Glad to read things cooled down over night for you. We have a hen turkey with 10 little ones. Yesterday she brought them out to have a snack on the cracked corn I threw out. They no sooner got eating then 15-18 big turkeys came busting out of the woods chasing the little ones + mom back into the high grass. What's that all about ???

Hope you all have a good rest of the day :thumbsup:

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23905 on: Jun 28, 2021, 07:51 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

I had a few minutes this evening so I grabbed the card out of the camera to see what's been going on. Lots of activity so I pieced together enough for a short movie.

WS

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23906 on: Jun 28, 2021, 08:57 PM »
Nice WS…. Thanks for sharing  ;)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23907 on: Jun 28, 2021, 09:24 PM »
Good evening, like many of you dealing with triple H weather got close to ninety five here today similar fore cast for tomorrow .
Eddie glad everyone had a good time at the baseball game and the concrete work went well always nice when the trucks arrive on time. We have two minor league baseball teams in my area the NY.Boulders in Rockland County who play in the same league as the Tri-City Valley cats and in Dutchess County the Hudson valley renegades who after many years as a Tampa Bay devil Rays affiliate are now the NY. Yankees high Class A team in the Northern division of that league. The owner of the Renegades has a minority interest in the Yankees so after his agreement with Tampa ended last year and some big changes were made to Minor league baseball resulting in the elimination of some teams and league the Renegades are now connect with the Yankees.
Ice Wanderer you staining looks great. have fun figuring out the fish finder over this Summer. happy to hear they found cause of your MIL's blood pressure problem may the medications work and she return to better health.
IFF be careful when out in those high temperatures .Have you cleaned the filter on the RV's air conditioning unit it might be the cause of your breathing problems. Congratulations on catching some salmon.
Fish/hunt4ever may all of you be caught up on your sleep . what caused all the flight delays once you reached Denver. I would have spent the night at the airport like you at those prices for a hotel room. Sorry to hear the person you are training in Ohio is leaving for a better paying job.
Wallyworld nice work by all of you on the grass at your hunting camp. Do you best to stay cool and comfortable if my memory is correct you do not have AC in your home.
Hunts2long belated condolences to you and your family on the passing of your nephew. Congratulations to your friend on catching the catfish.
Drifter-016 may your knee be feeling better and the weather allowing to work on the cabin plus get in some fishing.
Zcm-28 may the flooding not get to bad out your way. Good to to read your father is out of the hospital may he continue to have a good post surgery recovery.
Dr.Speckler may all the recent rain not cause you major problems. I hope your health has improved from earlier this year.
Tomturkey sorry to hear about the weather related problems in part s of Michigan I hope the damage was not to bad for the farmers in affected areas. prayer said for all dealing with problems from the tornado and heavy rain fall.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the video . May you finish the window washing tomorrow. Best to you at the gun range.

Everyone dealing with high temperatures and humidity be careful when doing anything outside, keep hydrated. May all of the (;45 have a safe and good night.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23908 on: Jun 29, 2021, 12:25 AM »
Well now where to begin on what all transpired today.  Nephew returned about noon, temp was 112 in town a little less out on his hill.  He then drove me into the clinic which opened at Noon, for urgent care, at 4:20 until they closed for the day, at 9:00. the usual poking, Chest X-ray and blood work, got outfitted with 3 different pills to take and a Aerosol Inhaler to treat pneumonia. so fishing tomorrow is off.  Being parked right under the record setting Heat Dome which covered State of Washington as well as British Columbia, What a temperature change down to 66 at sundown. :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:  Will be resting up and let the meds go to work.  Currently the temp in the RV is at 72* Just to play it safe got tested for the rona....again.  They will call me with results when they have it back.

So not going very far or fast, in the next day or two.  I tried to view Marv's "Movie" of the critters but found it was taking forever to load as the WIFI is so slow.

Steve thanks for the overview of what I have been missing with your post think I am up to date.

Now I hope to get all recharged
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23909 on: Jun 29, 2021, 05:16 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                            It's 69* and clear here on my hill, another day with temps reaching 90*. :%$#!: ::)
                            Bud........Sometimes being the AC does that to people, once when I was working in the heat and staying in a motel
                  I had the same type of illness that you described. Take care of it cause mine turned in to pneumonia. :%$#!:
                            Marv.......You have quite the menagerie in your yard. Thanks for the video. :thumbsup: Don't forget the range today. :roflmao:
                            Wally.......I hope you can escape the heat. Like Steve I remember that you don't have AC. I don't have central AC because of the hot water
                  baseboard heat.  And I have casement windows in my home, so last year I bought a freestanding AC unit from Home Depot and it works good enough
                  to keep my house at a tolerable temperature. :flex:
                            Eddie.......On days like we're having, aren't you glad you're not down at the capital working? ???
                            Dave........How is the knee doing, I hope it doesn't keep you from getting any work on the cabin done. :unsure:
                            Tom.........I'm glad to read that your temps have cooled down. :clap:
                            Yesterday I did a little work ouyt before the temps got out of hand then the rest of the day I stayed inside. Probably the same will go for today.
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy. Also stay Hydrated.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.