Author Topic: (Sunday) Anyone going to venture out today. How would you stay warm ?  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Cold-Foot

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • bound the bottom !!!
I hate to sound like a wimp but -- wee oooh man is it cold. This is just a good ice making day. I would be frozen before i could get the shanty set up and heater going.
I think here in the next few days most all waters will be safe. We asked for cold weather and boy did we get it.   :cookoo:
a little jiggle never hurts

Offline perchguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Coleman lantern works good for me.(LOVE THIS COLD WEATHER) ;D ;D

Offline Cold-Foot

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • bound the bottom !!!
Well I sucked it up and went out but just like i figured the wind was a killer. Not enough ice to set up a shanty and to much wind to be out in the open. Had to try to hold everything down so it wouldn't blow away. Did gain 1+1/2" ice since Saturday morning. Wednesday will be my next time out now and it will be shanty time by then.

Offline MULLSKINNER

• IceShanty Rookie
I USED A COLEMAN LANTERN TODAY ...FINALY GOT ON WHAT I WOULD CALL A LAKE ...NOT A LOT OF ICE HERE YET ...I STAYED WARM ....WIND WANTED TO BLOW MY SHANTY ON THE BARE  ICE THOUGH .. ::) :o .......
MULLSKINNER......
VEXILAR FL8
Aqua-Vu SV100
FRABILL "COMMANDO"
FENWICK HMG ICE RODS ...
Marmish ice rods
G. LOOMIS ICE RODS...

Offline Cold-Foot

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • bound the bottom !!!
I Can't wait until i can get in my shanty or at least have it set up and warm to be able to bounce in and out of. That wind chill had me constantly scooping the hole from freezing over every minute. I got one of those Mr. Heaters and it's nice.
Heck I cook over it and warm up sandwiches.

Offline dropshot

• IceShanty Rookie
That wind chill had me constantly scooping the hole from freezing over every minute

probably wasn't the wind...............mor e like the fact that it was 4 degrees out lol  ;D
I WANT ICE !!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.