New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: New York IS Gathering 2012!!!  (Read 21224 times)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Re: New York IS Gathering 2012!!!
« Reply #180 on: Feb 14, 2012, 04:01 PM »
Here is the link for baitshops in NY. It is NY news and info on IS and takes a while to load, so be patient.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=100355764367821392533.00048c1449e56444f07e7&z=7
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #181 on: Feb 14, 2012, 04:11 PM »
awesome man,  called up below store and no one answering. will try again later and tomorrow.

Seeleys Bait And Tackle
Last Updated by Nick on Jul 23, 2010
164 Alder Meadow Rd, Schroon Lake, NY 12870
(518) 532-7530

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #182 on: Feb 14, 2012, 04:59 PM »
actually russianbear...ive never been there, but rumor has it that that place is closed...dont quote me though

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #183 on: Feb 14, 2012, 08:02 PM »
I see, well as i am traveling that far, i will bring wax worms with me, thats my choice of bait for jigging, just wanted to check out local store, see whats there, cant never have enough new jigs and other new stuff i tend to find. I know it sounds funny to some, i bought 1 tipup to try this year, so i guess i will give it a try if i catch a small perch to use as bait. Btw, is it legal to use perch as bait?

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #184 on: Feb 14, 2012, 08:06 PM »
yes but those perch count towards your daily limit.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #185 on: Feb 14, 2012, 09:42 PM »
What size hook should i put on tipup? And should i put a trevle or regular?

Offline beaver1080

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #186 on: Feb 14, 2012, 10:01 PM »
went on at pike brook area and fished until after dark ice was around 7-8in. unless something changes i'll be working that weekend now, guess i took vacation a little too soon   ::)

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #187 on: Feb 15, 2012, 06:14 AM »
russina, if you get off exit 20, take a left...you will go thru a bunch of shopping outlets. one of the last ones on the right is FISH 307.. at that light u will be taking  aright and that will bring you to south bay. but they have bait there and anything you need. their bait is a tad pricy, but they have a lot

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #188 on: Feb 15, 2012, 07:53 AM »
russina, if you get off exit 20, take a left...you will go thru a bunch of shopping outlets. one of the last ones on the right is FISH 307.. at that light u will be taking  aright and that will bring you to south bay. but they have bait there and anything you need. their bait is a tad pricy, but they have a lot
Good call Nitzer.
Russianbear,
Nitzer's directions may be your best best, but I'll elaborate a bit. It's the easiest route and takes you right by the biggest baitshop in the area.
Take exit 20 off I-87. Fish 307 bait shop is on the corner of Rt 149. You will not see the bait shop first. You will see the Log Jam restaurant. Turn onto 149 and immediatley turn right behind the restaurant. They share the lot behind the restaurant. Then take 149 until you get to RT 4 in Fort Ann. Take a left. This will take you into Whitehall. At the light in Whitehall continue straight onto RT 22. The boat launch we will be parked at is less than 10 minutes up the road on the right. You won't miss us from there.
My bad for letting our thread go dormant for a couple days. Work is extremely busy, but I'm not about to complain.

The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #189 on: Feb 15, 2012, 09:17 AM »
Good call Nitzer.
Russianbear,
Nitzer's directions may be your best best, but I'll elaborate a bit. It's the easiest route and takes you right by the biggest baitshop in the area.
Take exit 20 off I-87. Fish 307 bait shop is on the corner of Rt 149. You will not see the bait shop first. You will see the Log Jam restaurant. Turn onto 149 and immediatley turn right behind the restaurant. They share the lot behind the restaurant. Then take 149 until you get to RT 4 in Fort Ann. Take a left. This will take you into Whitehall. At the light in Whitehall continue straight onto RT 22. The boat launch we will be parked at is less than 10 minutes up the road on the right. You won't miss us from there.
My bad for letting our thread go dormant for a couple days. Work is extremely busy, but I'm not about to complain.

thanks for directions, hopefully will meet some of you.  if all is well, my friends and i should be there around 5-6am,
plan to leave nyc at 12am

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #190 on: Feb 15, 2012, 10:12 AM »
Has anyone checked the ice conditions out there?
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #191 on: Feb 15, 2012, 11:31 AM »
Has anyone checked the ice conditions out there?
someone said a foot of ice on a diff thread where i posted same question. see below
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=13680.0

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #192 on: Feb 15, 2012, 01:54 PM »
Well, this is where we're at as far as the shindig is concerned. I got this pm from roundlakeNY earlier today. I'll share to let you guys know what our plans are.
From roundlakeNY: Let me know if ya need a hand with anything else.   I am pretty much all set on my end.  I got a leader board setup that i printed out.  I got all the prizes except for some jigs which i am grabbing at 307.    I am making a fire pit this weekend out of a old metal 55 gallon drum.     I made a pretty sweet measuring/cutting board out of a big slab of red oak with a ruler built into it.  Looks really nice.     I got the grill  if you want to see if anyone wants to bring a 20lb tank to hook up to it mine is empty.      As long as i dont forget to bring my tip ups i should be alright lol.         Have you gotton any pm's of what other are thinking about bringing?

If one of our close crew could bring a tank it would be a huge help. Any wood anyone could bring would be a big help too. Local wood, of course  ::)
I'll bring some meat and rolls. Might be best if we all tote our own drinks.
I will be fishing out there at least one day this weekend to keep us all up to date on conditions. I'm sure some of other guys will keep an eye out too. Judging by the forcast we shouldn't be at much risk for losing ice. We certainly won't be building much though.  :-\ Hopefully temps dip just a bit in our favor. Don't plan on being able to drive on. Even if you see other vehicles out. Some of the locals got some big brass.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #193 on: Feb 15, 2012, 02:05 PM »
just keeping an eye on the forecast.  A snow storm will wipe me out as I will have to plow. I have contacted a few others that are isers that are new or have left. Pray it is no wind, no precip. day!
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #194 on: Feb 15, 2012, 02:49 PM »
i think i got it all mixed up, was asking questions on different threads about ice conditions in northern parts of NY, as i have zero ice around NYC.

this thread is for gathering on the southern part of Champlain on Feb 26th?  is that what it is?  sorry for dumb question.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #195 on: Feb 15, 2012, 04:10 PM »
i think i got it all mixed up, was asking questions on different threads about ice conditions in northern parts of NY, as i have zero ice around NYC.

this thread is for gathering on the southern part of Champlain on Feb 26th?  is that what it is?  sorry for dumb question.
That is it Bear.... ;D   I was suppose to meet southern NY Guys on Huntington this Sat. but the ice is not good.

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #196 on: Feb 15, 2012, 04:18 PM »
i dotn know any lakes besides saranac lake that i fish a few times a year in the spring, summer, fall.
so i saw on the forum that paradox lake has 12-15 inches of ice, so i'll be heading there with few friends this weekend.  i hope ice is there as person on the forum stated.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #197 on: Feb 15, 2012, 04:22 PM »
I was on Schroon just two Sat. ago and there was 8-10" before the cold snap. four wheelers were out all day.

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #198 on: Feb 15, 2012, 05:21 PM »
i can bring a load of wood. we sell it at the farm so ill bring up quite a bit but how far away is considered local cause im in northern saratoga county?

Offline afwrestler1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #199 on: Feb 15, 2012, 05:40 PM »
This sounds like a good time. Count me in. anyone planning to camp on the ice that never have before may want to buy a cot at like wal-mart. I got one for 40 bucks and it will get you up off the ice. well worth it.
[Img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png[img]

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #200 on: Feb 15, 2012, 07:27 PM »
Just shot prchslyr a message, you guys may want to move your gathering across the street.  The boat launch area has taken a beating, there's not much ice left in front of it, certainly not for 20-30 people.  Still hardsides across the street in the bay.
Thanks for the heads up man. We may end up having to.  It would just mean a little more work getting stuff out there is all.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #201 on: Feb 15, 2012, 07:49 PM »
More bad news.    A buddy who fished the bay today on the shanty side said ice was weak and the open water expanded atleast 20 yards oser to him today.    Someone needs to do a cold dance or something.   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #202 on: Feb 15, 2012, 08:12 PM »
More bad news.    A buddy who fished the bay today on the shanty side said ice was weak and the open water expanded atleast 20 yards oser to him today.    Someone needs to do a cold dance or something.
Oops. I was supposed to call you.  :P

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #203 on: Feb 15, 2012, 08:14 PM »
Not cool
[img width=106 height=80]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/roundlakeNY/is.png[/img

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #204 on: Feb 15, 2012, 08:42 PM »
Not cool
No sweat man. We'll be good. Plenty of other good access in this area.

Offline Dorrski12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #205 on: Feb 15, 2012, 09:34 PM »
south bay next to white hall?  just want to make sure i end up in the right place.  kind of a long drive
I'd rather be ice fishing

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #206 on: Feb 15, 2012, 09:39 PM »
south bay next to white hall?  just want to make sure i end up in the right place.  kind of a long drive
Yes

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #207 on: Feb 15, 2012, 10:27 PM »
were else can u acess it from?

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #208 on: Feb 16, 2012, 05:23 AM »
were else can u acess it from?
Directly across the street from the boat launch.

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #209 on: Feb 16, 2012, 07:26 AM »
has to be within a 50 mile. russianbear, paradox is good to go

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.