Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1620343 times)

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #13080 on: Aug 05, 2018, 07:05 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....x2 on staying off the water on weekends  ;)2  no need for all that aggravation   ;D

IW......think that firewood will be sitting for a few days till Les Humid comes back to town  :whistle:

Eddie.....sounds like a LOT of work  :o  maybe you can do the job in front and leave the work in back for someone else  ;)  after explaining the amount of work involved, your brother should be good with the compromise  @)

WS....hope you all had a good day on the water yesterday  :thumbsup:  safe travels home

Decided to take a bike ride yesterday since it was such a beautiful sunny day :clap:  a nice ride till we were 10 miles or so from home when one little black cloud appeared out of nowhere and it started to pour  ::)  >:(  luckily it only lasted a couple minutes but boy do those rain drops sting  :blink:

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13081 on: Aug 05, 2018, 07:52 AM »
HHH got here yesterday. Still 70* this morning and not going to get any better. Rain guessed for tonight and tomorrow. Ya I am sure they are going to get that right. I spent quite a while pulling crab grass in the dog run yesterday so it does not get a chance to seed out. It is what is called tickle grass when it matures and spreads seed all over. Luckily it is not that hard to pull.

Eddie It sounds like your brother got the cart way in front the horse big time. There is a simple but expensive solution. A crane with a dump bucket to lift the broken concrete to the street and into dump trucks. Then a pumper truck to get the new concrete to the back yard. You would still have to wheel it into the garage but that is better than from the road.

IW I remember the PCB fiasco. We had a GE plant that polluted the area with PCB's as well. I saw on another site that the Huron River on the east side of the state has a total ban on eating the fish from it. I did not read the post so I do not know what the cause was but probably PFAS. One town just north of Kalamazoo had to switch to Kalamazoo's water plant and shut theirs down due to PFAS. Why has it taken so long to discover the pollution from PFAS?

The Hooker plant I worked at was the only place I worked that I could not look at the job before taking it. If I had I would have probably turned it down so they knew that they would not get a sucker to go to work out in that area. There was not a live tree with in 50 yards of the plant. Luckily I got called back to work at the Dupont plant a mile away after 6 months in hell. I have a lot of stories of working there. The only good part was the boss stood up for is men. I had a burner blow one time shaking the whole town. The plant manger came out and was chewing me out. I felt a hand on my shoulder pushing me out of the way. It was my boss. He told the plant manager off and told him it was his fault for crappy maintenance and to never go after his men again.

ww Those quick storms can get nasty. We were 6 miles from the launch one night when one came in off Lake Michigan. No rain gear but there was a roll of big garbage bags on the boat. since we had no ran gear we slipped one over out heads to at least keep us dry above the waist It only lasted 15 minutes and the sun came back out.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13082 on: Aug 05, 2018, 08:58 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Ugly, sticky day on tap here. It sounds like the next few days will be the same. The guessers are so bad these last few days I didn't turn them on this morning, I just walked outside. I need to get some stuff out of the boat this morning so it can dry indoors. The boat will probably mold over before it dries, as most of the week will be high dew points.

TT you had asked about oak wilt here. Yep, we have been losing thousands of trees to it for many years. Between it and the ash borer, all the municipalities are removing and restoring at break neck speed. Millions of dollars being shuffled around, that's for sure.

Ever since we walked in on the bears things have been quiet. We went out yesterday afternoon to check the bait pit and nothing was disturbed ??? Breeding season is winding down and I am guessing where ever the sow went the boars are trailing behind, just because.

We switched the last cards out of the cameras, time will tell if and when the bears will be back.

Hope you all have an excellent Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13083 on: Aug 05, 2018, 10:47 AM »
WS You need to get some of the meds the vet gave us for our arthritic 14 year old lab for that poor old bear. She would not come up the ramp on to the deck I built for her. Now she runs up it. I have only seen one fisher in the LP of Michigan. They must have brought a few down when they transplanted some martin down from the UP. I did not say anything about seeing it until a year later after I went to a wild life museum where that had a mounted one to make sure.

So far there has not been that much oak wilt near my property though there are a lot of oak. Ash bore is sickening seeing all of the tree skeletons sticking up all over the place. There are  a lot of them right along side of the roads that eventually will fall into the roads. Nothing is being done about them where I am living now. Ash are few and far between where my hunting property is. Ash bore got spread fast across the state when some infected ones were brought in from the east by a landscaping company to a big new mall west of Grand Rapids. The ash bore that is west of my property is from infected fire wood being brought in from other places to the camp grounds aroound the Silver Lake Dunes. I asked a guy one time about the firewood in a 55 gal drum being ash. He went ballistic with me. What I should have done was follow him to the camp ground he was going to so I could call my game warden friend to find out if it was. Transporting of ash was banned in the state at that time.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #13084 on: Aug 06, 2018, 02:18 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 66* this am, high of about 90 here again today. It's going to be another hot one....

Marv...another great job on the videos, really enjoy watching them!  :clap:   Imagine it won't be long before they show up again to get some of those sweet treats? How did the fishing go?
  Tom...thinking about protecting the driveway with plastic and then covered with 5/8" plywood down the center. Will use a power buggy for the demolition and new grade material, then probably a tag along concrete pump for the concrete. Like the crane idea, but $$ and power lines would be a problem. You're denfinetly right about the cart and the horse...lol!  ;D
  Wally...glad the rain you found didn't last too long on your ride. Best of luck to you and Mr.WW if you're chasing those walleyes again this week?   :thumbsup:   Heard they've been doing good on the Kings up on Ontario.
  H2...good luck to you also if you're heading out on the lake today....hope they're hungry!   :thumbsup:

Have been looking at the DeWalt 20V Max weed whacker for a little while, pulled the trigger on it yesterday. The Mrs. likes to take care of her flower gardens and always has a problem with the gas one. It came with a 5amp battery and charger, works really well. What a coincidence it was that my drill auger is also a DeWalt 20V Max....guess I'll have another spare battery this season.   :whistle:   ;D
  Grey stuff coming at 6 again this am...it will be a Gatorade day for sure! Cawfee's on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13085 on: Aug 06, 2018, 04:37 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 68* here on my hill and another warm day ahead. ::)
                           Eddie.........That's a big side job, you could almost take the rest of the year off after doing that one. lol :roflmao:
                           Marv..........Again you have come up with some good videos, The small game want to go after the treats but don't
                   like that bear smell that they leave behind! ???
                           Tom...........Hooker Chemical was also responsible for the Love Canal fiasco near Niagara Falls, shutting down a
                   whole community. :o
                            Wally.........Good luck if you and Mr. WW are heading out today chasing Eyes. :thumbsup:
                            H2L...........The same to you Sir. :thumbsup:
                            It wasn't to bad early, I got a lot cut up, today, I will try to get the chunks out and split.
                            I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or at play, sty hydrated.

IW

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13086 on: Aug 06, 2018, 06:10 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....looking to do a Lake Erie trip, the eyes are on fire out there  ;)2  just having problems stringing 2 or 3 days of decent wind/weather forecasts together  ::)  never tried lake trout/king salmon fishing.......YET  ;D  good deal on the weedeater, 2 birds 1 stone  :roflmao:

WS.....great videos  :thumbsup:  that poor bear with arthritis  :'(  hope all your critters return to the snack cupboard soon  :) 

IW.....good luck with the wood pile today  @)

Found the perfect job yesterday......defrost ing the old freezer in the cellar, nice & cool with the freezer door open  :woot: :clap:  only problem was it defrosted too fast  :blink:  going to take a little ride today & do some blackberry picking  :thumbsup: 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13087 on: Aug 06, 2018, 06:52 AM »
I see the guessers have reguessed their missed guess. The rain that we were guessed to get in the middle of the night is just coming on shore. I did nothing out doors yesterday as I was not gong to try and work in the HHH.

IW I forgot about Hooker and Love Canal. It took 6 months for the whites of my eyes to get back to white as they had turned yellow from the chlorine fumes working at Hooker. I did lose 20 pounds in the 6 months I worked there as I generally had a sore throat from the chlorine. One day I was draining some liquid chlorine into a tank that supposedly had fresh caustic put in it. NOT!!Changed. I suddenly realized that there was a cloud of chlorine so I could not see below my knees. I ran like H to get a Scott Air pack so I could shut the flow off. Luckily I had been trained in there use at the Dupont plant as no one showed me how to use one at Hooker. The guy that turned Hooker in for their dumping of some nasty stuff in an open pit almost got run out of town when the state got after them eventually shutting them down.

Eddie The cart was put in front of the horse at the place I am living. The well is in the back yard with no way to get a rig to it. The septic is in the front yard. It should have been done the opposite as you can get a bob cat or back hoe into the back yard to work on the septic. If I could I would drill a deeper well to get below the swamp water the present well is in. If you water the lawn you have to keep it off the siding or you end up with it turning orange. I have to treat it to make it drinkable. The well driller that drilled the well only cares that the water is wet not if it is good. Good thinking on the weed eater.

ww The salmon fishing on Lake Michigan has been going down hill. They were planted to controll the alwives which they did but now that they are pretty much non existant there is not enough feed for the salmon. I think that the salmom are the reason for our lack of smelt runs any more, they are eating them up. I feel they ruined my brook trout fishing as they spawned in the streams at the same time as the brookies and killed a lot of them protecting their beds and the smolts competed with the fingerling brookies in the small streams.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13088 on: Aug 06, 2018, 11:25 AM »
A reply to a private msg, If everything is ok with me ???? Guess he was about to drive over and pound on the door.

Well for a yes, I am working, 40 hours a week, No its not at my store, and a 90 mile round trip to get there. Yes I can carpool with one other, but a No, find I am doing all the driving, with no allowance for mileage or travel time. Yes, I am fine, No is one of my batteries needs replaced, so no to having boat control with the electric trolling motor, and fishing. Yes, come payday I can afford another battery.  No to rain on my day's off.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13089 on: Aug 06, 2018, 12:47 PM »
Good day everyone, Triple H arrived yesterday weather guessers say he will be in town for a few days also might see more rain before week is finished.
IFF glad all is well wish you were getting travel pay along with regular paycheck. Hopefully you will be rewarded with a full time position at your store when it opens if that is your desire.
Icefisher-45 any word on if you are going to be a dispatcher  at the police department.
Hunts2long good luck on the water this week remember to bring sun screen and drinks on your trips.
Tom Turkey PFOS causing problems here also neighboring city's water supply reservoir contaminated besides they have brought in a mobile filter system to help correct the problem. scary how many companies give little or no training to their employees on chemical handling.The cause of contamination traced to local airport and fire fighting foam.
Wallyworld have fun berry picking guess some pie baking is in your future. May weather cooperate and you get a trip to Erie in coming days or weeks.
Eddie does your brother have any children/older grand children who could serve as laborers on the garage project. Might want to hold off until Fall when hopefully things are cooler and driveway not as soft.
Ice Wanderer guess the wood pile work will get spread out over several days with the current weather.
Whopper Stopper thanks for the video footage cubs are really growing. Depending on your plans for harvested bear the older one might be a good choice if he is still around when season opens. Realize any meat from older bear maybe tougher then younger one and the coat not as nice.

Have a good day . Best to all fishing remember the PFD's and be cautious if on a river or stream in the North East water levels are high and current strong. This past weekend several recues of boaters on the Delaware  river here in my section of NY.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13090 on: Aug 07, 2018, 01:08 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, I hope everyone is staying cool and hydrated in this hot and humid weather. Have my interview today. Hoping everything goes well. Doesn’t look like i’ll be able to driving a truck again. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13091 on: Aug 07, 2018, 02:26 AM »
Morning Everyone,
  68* this am, high of 86 today with some rain expected.

I-45...got the fingers crossed for you, best of luck today with the interview!!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...sounds like things are going well for you.... :thumbsup:
  Steve...more than likely, the garage would be held off until a later date as it will need some structural support as well. It was built on top of the slab and has no footing or frost wall under it.
  Wally...hope the weather cooperates soon for your trip! A buddy of mine at work has a brother who lives in the Jamestown area and fishes Erie quite often.....some impressive walleyes catches.  Blackberry pie on the agenda today?    ;D
  Jeff...hope the shoulder is feeling ok this am.   :thumbsup:   

We've got some inside work today....not certain what it is, but something to do with putting in a radiant floor.
  A bit behind this am....will check in and see how everyone's doing around the break....cawfee's on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13092 on: Aug 07, 2018, 05:02 AM »

It's 70* and very humid here on my hill, as I look out the window I see pink skies. ::)
                          Eddie.......I hope it cool in where you are going to work. ???
                          Tom.........When I was in the drilling business code was a 100' from the septic, if we couldn't get 100' a guy from the board
                of health had to come out to the site and approve the site and he had to give a document of the approved site. Also depending how
                much casing was used we had to cement it in. :blink:
                          Wally......I didn't think Blackberries were ready yet, we at least here they're not. :whistle: Watch out for the bears when picking! ::)
                          Steve.....What's the word on the dead outlet? ???
                          I never got to the wood yesterday, maybe this morning. :unsure:
                          I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13093 on: Aug 07, 2018, 06:57 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....we picked the berries at a place in Boonville, filled 3 1 gallon containers in no time  ;D  berries were so ripe they're falling off the vines,  sure was hot out there  :o

IF45.....best of luck at the interview today   :flex:  we're all pulling for you

Eddie...at least it should be a little cooler for you working inside, not to mention drier  :thumbsup:

TT......seems that happens quite often, a fish being introduced into the system to fix one problem ending up creating a different problem or two  :-\

MrC.....think the pie baking will wait till this hot weather takes a turn  ;)

IFF.....good to hear from you   :clap:   sure hope your local store gets going and your daily schedule lightens up soon   :)

Picked and froze enough berries for 6 pies yesterday  :flex:   was really surprised how big & juicy the berries are this year considering the lack of rain and extreme heat we had earlier this summer  :blink:  figured the rains were too little too late  :-\   glad I guessed wrong  ;)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13094 on: Aug 07, 2018, 07:21 AM »
IW I think that it is 100 foot here also. I noticed stain on a sink at therapy yesterday. I asked him how deep his well was. He said 25 feet which is nasty swamp water. I am going to go look at the well head tomorrow to see who drilled it. I am willing to bet it was the same guy that drilled mine. There is good water below the nasty water but this driller figures if it is wet that is good enough.

Eddie Building anything right at ground level is plain stupid. We are supposed to have 8 inches of clearance between the ground and the siding but I see a lot of new construction that is not with garages.  I got into an argument with a concrete contractor when I asked him to pour an inch and a half out side of a service door so I did not have to screw a piece of treated to support the threshold of the door. I finally had to get the boss to make him do as I asked. All it took was to put a piece of 2x4 along side of the block opening before the form. The low slope thresholds of today have not strength to them requiring the support.

I finally found out the date of the 100th birthday party for the WW2 bomber pilot friend of mine. I sure did want to miss it as he meant so much to me growing up.

WW Some thing needed to be done with the alewives as the beaches were unusable when they had a die off. That was back in the 60's. There are a few Atlantic salmon in northern Lake Huron. It is basically a put and take fishery as they are not spawning naturally. Sad because they would have been a better choice than pacific salmon as they do not die off after they spawn.

I have not picked any wild blackberries in a long time. Most of the places I used to pick them are now off limits due to new land owners. We had a Japanese exchange student one summer that we took picking them. Very few made it into his bucket. He ended up with a purple face from eating so many. The few I have growing on the property here are all dried up from lack of rain.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13095 on: Aug 07, 2018, 09:24 AM »
Good morning fellow 9:45ers, looks like it will be another hot humid day here in the mid Hudson river valley.
Icefisher-45 pulling for you to get the job.
Eddie sounds like you maybe spending some time with a jack hammer taking out old flooring to put radiant heat in place. Brother's garage project appears to be a major project.
Ice Wanderer been tied up with other things hope to get to house today and see if turning breakers on and off brings any power supply back to the outlet. May cooler temperatures and less humidity visit your area of NY. so you can get fire wood cut split and stacked.
Wallyworld hope you did not loose to many berries get very fragile when they are ripe enough to fall off the vine. Good you have freezer space and can wait until things cool down before doing any baking.
Tom Turkey seems all to often when we try to correct/control one problem in nature we create a new one. Congratulations to your friend on his upcoming birthday. Glad you have the date and will be at the party.
Guess Whopper Stopper is out on his morning walk or trying to get some outside project completed before things get to hot.

A safe and good day to all . Best to everyone fishing.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13096 on: Aug 07, 2018, 01:51 PM »
Good afternoon everyone, I hope everyone is staying cool and staying hydrated. My interview went well. Hoping to hear from them soon. Thank you for all your support.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13097 on: Aug 07, 2018, 08:42 PM »
Hang in there Fisher-45 Had a little rain and hail here, no damage like what Colorado Springs got.  Hail killed a couple animals at its zoo.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13098 on: Aug 08, 2018, 04:07 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                              It's 66* and humid here on my hill with chance of showers again, we didn't get any rain yesterday. There is a big mountain just
                     to the west of me, Crane Mt., that steers a lot of the storm either north or south. I heard thunder in both directions. MW was working
                     down near Albany and he sent a Snap Chat to my wife showing a down pour! ::)
                             Wally.......Was that a blackberry farm that you went to? The Mt. I mention is loaded with them and that;s where I take my wife
                     to berry pick. :thumbsup:
                             I-45.......I hope you hear back from them real soon! :clap:
                             Steve.....I hope it's just a tripped breaker. :whistle:
                             Tom........When I was in the drilling business we had a test kit that we used to test for iron on the spot, so if there was to much
                     iron we would consult the home owner to see if they wanted us to stop or keep drilling. Around here there weren't any factories to affect
                     the water, but 25' next to a swamp is common sense to go deeper. Not only that they get paid by the foot so going 25' is not a money maker. ::)
                             On Friday my brother is coming for a visit from Florida also his son and grandson are coming from Boston, so we a having a big family
                     get together on Saturday.
                             I got my cut up wood out of the woods and to the splitter but could not muster enough energy to split it in this humidity. God I hate the HEAT. :%$#!:
                             I hope everyone has a good Wednesday Hump Day either at work or out doing.

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13099 on: Aug 08, 2018, 06:24 AM »
It is easy to tell when it is time for my SS check to arrive. Gas prices took another spike as usual. The town I usually fill up on my way over to the other place went from the low $2.50's to $3.00.

I know we do not mention politics but thankfully our primary election is finally over so the political adds will be cut way down.

IW The water in this area is terrable unless the wells are drilled below the swampy water. With the Aqua Pure Water Conditioner and a carbon filter our water is not too bad. I do not under stand how the crappy water can pass the health departments tests when a new well is drilled. The water in the area around my other place is deep but it is great in most places.

ww In one of the places I picked wild black berries there was no bending over to pick as they were real tall. Some times you would be picking over your head.

IFF I saw video of the hail at Colorado Springs. it was really nasty. The body shops and auto glass places will be kept busy fixing all of the damage to the cars.

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13100 on: Aug 08, 2018, 06:43 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....no farm, just a patch of wild blackberries in a field on the edge of some woods near MrWW's Mom's house  ;)   glad to hear your brother is up to traveling  :clap: :flex:   enjoy the family get together  :thumbsup:

TT.....it's the same where we pick, some branches way over 6' tall  :o   those berries are left for the birds & bears  :woot:

IF45....hope you get good news soon  :)

IFF.....glad you didn't get any damage from the hail storm  :thumbsup:  some wild weather everywhere, "they say" we might as well get used to it as this is the new normal  :blink:

WS.....hope all is well in your neck of the woods sir  ;D

MrC.....fingers crossed the electrical issue was nothing more than a tripped breaker  :-\

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13101 on: Aug 08, 2018, 07:18 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

All is well WW just can't seem to post so I gave up.

I have been doing tree work the last couple of days so have been busy.

45 good luck with the job! Hope you hear today that they want you :thumbsup:

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13102 on: Aug 08, 2018, 12:58 PM »
Good Afternoon everyone, I hope everyone is staying cool. Very humid out today. Can’t wait for winter. I hope everyone has a great day and is staying hydrated.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13103 on: Aug 08, 2018, 02:19 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone,
  78* and heavy rain falling as I type. Guessers are saying some severe lightning and thunderstorms possible for the rest of the day.
  Internet was down again here this am..

I-45...I'm with you, can't wait to see the temps. start dipping and the 3H's disappear! 
  Marv..glad you're keeping busy! Hope the gremlins don't stick around too long!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...that was a nice haul on the blackberry's! Got me wondering now if an old patch we always picked in as kids is still surviving?
  Tom...gas here is still hanging in the 2.90's, just doesn't seem to move very much. Kind of thought by now we'd be seeing lower prices with all the drilling going on.
  Jeff...lately, I've got about all I can do to weed and water my garden after dealing with the heat down in the city all the day....I hate the heat as well, just drains the life out of you. Hope the family gathering goes great for you all this weekend!!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Today they were having a big food festival outside at the job site, believe over 100 vendors expected and live music from 11am to 9pm. Weather was good at the start, but it started sprinkling when I left at 1:30 and I'm assuming what hit here is on its way there unfortunately.
  Rain is slowing down, might get a chance to play in the garden yet...lots of pole beans ready to pick! 
  No cawfee this afternoon, but the Yuenglings are ice cold if anyone wants to swing by... ;D

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13104 on: Aug 08, 2018, 02:39 PM »
No cawfee this afternoon, but the Yuenglings are ice cold if anyone wants to swing by... ;D

I would like 3 Sir. Thank You! ;D

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13105 on: Aug 08, 2018, 06:14 PM »
Good evening ,partly cloudy skies and setting sun here maybe rain in Eddie's part of NY. will not travel south. Finally got over to the house electrical problem not a tripped breaker. Stopped by contractor's office asked to have his electrician see if he can locate and correct problem. Mr.Turkey has been talking about water quality in his area lately article in my local newspaper neighboring city suing Federal,State governments, Dept. of Defense and 3M corp. over contamination to city's water supply reservoir. Back in May of 2016 testing found levels of Perfluorooctane Sulfonate (PFOS) above federal acceptance level. PFOs was traced to local airport,former Air Force Base now mixed us facility commercial flights and NY. Air National GUard. Highly elevated levels of PFOs found in water retention pond at airport this pond drains into a local stream which feeds in reservoir.  Airport is now a Superfund site city is replacing it's water filter system currently has portable filter plant on one shoreline and is usinf g a tap into NYC water system aqueduct the passes through our area. Also see from news paper NY. has a new invasive insect pest .Asian Long horned tick  always something. Tragic event at hospital south of me in Westchester county female patient shot dead in her room male shooter committed suicide in room police have not yet released indentiy or relationship if any between persons involved both in their seventies.
Icefisher-45 may you get a phone call before weeks end saying your hired.
IFF glad your alright must have been one intense storm with good sized hail to kill some animals at zoo.
ICE Wanderer happy to read your brother is doing well and coming for a visit sure it will be a good weekend for all of you.
Wallyworld nice you have a spot to pick the black berries ,enjoy them .
Mr.Turkey quite a spike in gas price have to see if they rise by such a large amount here currently similar to prices in Eddie's section of NY.
Whopper Stopper glad your getting some side income wish things were cooler for you not the weather to be outside.
Eddie  hope you get the beans picked and no damage to your garden from the storm. Did you make any purchases at the festival.

A safe and good evening to all may we see some cooler less humid weather in coming days.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13106 on: Aug 09, 2018, 02:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Light rain and 70* this am, rain should be gone by late morning, high of 81 today.

Steve...hope the electrical fix is minor, best of luck with that.   :thumbsup:    I didn't walk around all the vendors this year, it was just too dang hot and humiid. Settled for a nice shady spot off to the side and just people watched instead. No major damage to the garden, will take care of the beans today.
  Marv...good stuff!!   :clap: :roflmao:

Had the first delivery of blocks over to the Mansion yesterday. The rains may have created a problem getting them to the area we will be working in however, as it is solid clay beneath the few inches of topsoil.
  We do have an order in for concrete this am though.... :woot:
  Cawfee's on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13107 on: Aug 09, 2018, 03:45 AM »

It's 67*  and mostly clear skies here on my hill, again no rain fell here yesterday. I'm going to break down and water lawn and
                 garden today. ::)
                         Eddie.......I don't know if it's me or the weather but I too feel drained when trying to work out side. ??? People watching is good,
                 how were the fashions? :woot:
                         Steve......I hope the electrician can figure out the problem and fix it, without a big bill. :whistle:
                         Wally.......Must be our higher elevation that has our blackberries later? ???
                         Tom........Only once in the years that we drilled wells that we had a real shallow well, it was 16" and it wasn't swamp water. The well
                 produced 100 gpm. :thumbsup:
                         Marv.......Don't over do the tree work, remember you're retired. :clap:
                         I-45........We hope you get a call today. :thumbsup:
                         I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or at play.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13108 on: Aug 09, 2018, 06:51 AM »
Good Morning. 67 degrees and the air is heavy. Got some heavy rain late yesterday afternoon. More rain this PM. Hoping to get out on the lake on Friday.
Sat. we have wife's family reunion out near Rochester. Her brother is coming in from Az. Wife and daughter can't wait to stop at Wegmans.

It would be nice to get 2/3 good fishing days in a row. Dick wants to come up and get some walleyes but if there is a CHANCE of a t-storm he won't get in the boat. I don't take chances, but will get wet once in awhile.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13109 on: Aug 09, 2018, 07:54 AM »
Good morning everyone, looks like it might be a good day. Lots of thunder boomers last night. Today is the kids birthday. 14 yrs old already. They grow up so fast. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. Hope everyone stays hydrated today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.