The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Show me the NEPA Reports!  (Read 17179 times)

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Show me the NEPA Reports!
« Reply #60 on: Dec 21, 2018, 07:33 AM »
News reports indicate he is OK.  Heard from others that he was able to pull himself out with ice picks.  Rescue team used an extension ladder to get him off the ice.  Glad he is still part of the ice fishing community.  Hate to lose anyone.

Offline VD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Dec 21, 2018, 08:18 AM »
Do not go alone... Anybody is going to Prompton, Upper Woods, Belmont after XMas? I need a day off.

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Dec 21, 2018, 10:36 AM »
Hope to get to all of those spots after Xmas VD.  Maybe not Upper Woods as that is primarily a trout lake.  Rutt Nutt likes to fish there.  I usually go on a Saturday with a few guys, sometimes alone, but always find someone to fish with.  You are certainly welcome to fish with me/us if our schedules align.

Offline VD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Dec 21, 2018, 11:20 AM »
Thanks for inviting me. It seems to me that ice at Upper Woods is thicker than elsewhere because of higher elevation, but I don't have enough statistics for a proof. I started wishing that region only two years ago. Here is in Bucks county ice fishing season is very(too) short.

Offline Icefishin Wizz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lurker for Life
« Reply #64 on: Dec 21, 2018, 12:44 PM »
The "Other Best Fishing Site" is loaded with reports. The only problem is you have to pay to get them. We need to start posting or people will start leaving our site. There is enough hard water to fish on in NEPA. Lets share it with our southern PA friends.

Completely false. No one has to, or has ever had to, pay to see reports on IF247. You do however, have to be a member. Fakenews much?

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Dec 21, 2018, 12:55 PM »
Icewhizz, please do not start any vitriol on this site.  Many of us are on this site to avoid that sort of stuff.  Let's just talk fishing.  Merry Christmas.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #66 on: Dec 21, 2018, 01:14 PM »
Hopefully they are ok. It's nice to be out on the ice this time of the year but use your head a little. If not for yourself for your family and the people that have to come out and save your sorry ass. Nothing worse than going from rescue to recovery.  Happy fishing and be SAFE.

Very well said.  This is the second person that's gone through the ice so far this month.  The first one went through at Eagle Lake, which is a private lake in Lackawanna County, on December 8th.  I have the itch just as bad or maybe even worse than some but it's definitely not worth risking my life to go.  I'm also a firefighter who has to go out to rescue the ones that go through the ice and every time I've gone on a rescue it was completely preventable all the person had to do to prevent it was not go out on thin ice and or not march out on the ice without checking it.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Dec 21, 2018, 01:31 PM »
Completely false. No one has to, or has ever had to, pay to see reports on IF247. You do however, have to be a member. Fakenews much?

Have to be a member and get approved(=ask for permission) to see the reports. The owner changed that(bit of a control freak!  ::)) last time I was over there. That’s when I joined over here and haven’t looked back!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #68 on: Dec 30, 2018, 11:01 PM »
Anyone fishing Belmont or Duck Harbor? I'd like to get out this week with my son before he goes back to school. He wants to got to New York. Any suggestions?
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Dec 31, 2018, 07:44 AM »
JMZ, from what I hear, Belmont has ice, at least as of yesterday, 12/30.  Last night was a very nice cold night so today would have been a good day, if I didn't have to work.  Unfortunately, later today is supposed to be in the mid 40's with heavy rain.  I have not heard of anyone on Prompton since someone fell through, but that doesn't mean it is not fishable.  As always, use extreme caution if you decide to go.   Best of luck.

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Dec 31, 2018, 07:48 AM »
Sorry JMZ, I thought you asked about Belmont and Prompton, but it was Belmont and Duck Harbor.  Have not heard of any reports from Duck Harbor.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Jan 02, 2019, 08:28 AM »
Hope to get to all of those spots after Xmas VD.  Maybe not Upper Woods as that is primarily a trout lake.  Rutt Nutt likes to fish there.  I usually go on a Saturday with a few guys, sometimes alone, but always find someone to fish with.  You are certainly welcome to fish with me/us if our schedules align.

Just saw this. LOL!  ;D  I like Upper Woods cause I can target trout and don’t have to worry about snot-rockets and/or other non-preferred species taking the bait!  ;) (It’s either trout or nothing)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #72 on: Jan 02, 2019, 05:16 PM »
Trout or nothing?  I think you're hat is too tight, Perch, Blue Gills, Crappie, and Bass taste WAY better than some dog food eatin stocked trout any day of the week.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Jan 02, 2019, 06:10 PM »
I don't care what I catch at this point.
I just want to get on the ice. :'(

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #74 on: Jan 02, 2019, 07:35 PM »
I'm right there with you Brother. 

Offline hard water jim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Jan 03, 2019, 05:44 AM »
Me too! Bring on the ice and the bites.
If you think your going to have a bad day you will seldom disappoint yourself!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Jan 03, 2019, 07:08 AM »
geez if it would stop raining for a minute I might have to mow my damn lawn. :pinch:

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Jan 03, 2019, 08:04 AM »
Trout or nothing?  I think you're hat is too tight, Perch, Blue Gills, Crappie, and Bass taste WAY better than some dog food eatin stocked trout any day of the week.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL! Maybe it is the hat!  ;D
Where's the FISH?!

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #78 on: Jan 03, 2019, 12:09 PM »
Do you think there is any ice on belmont or duck harbor? I'm planning a trip Fri which take about 2hr. It seems to be colder up there.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Jan 03, 2019, 05:24 PM »
I wouldn't trust any ice in pa,right now.
END OF STORY.

Offline Cjgsp1042

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Jan 03, 2019, 07:55 PM »
I’m thinking I’ll take a ride up to duck harbor Sunday just to take a look and dream...

Offline Ice Wine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Jan 04, 2019, 12:27 PM »
Checked Duck Harbor this morning and it is not safe. The edges are 1 or 2 inches of crap/frozen slush. Even with a 16 foot plank I doubt you could get on and what's beyond the edges doesn't look great. More rain coming tonight and temps in the 40s. Maybe next weekend if we get a few nights in the teens.

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #82 on: Jan 04, 2019, 09:20 PM »
Thanks for the report. Maybe you should move it to Duck Harbor Reports.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #83 on: Jan 05, 2019, 10:09 AM »
Checked Duck Harbor this morning and it is not safe. The edges are 1 or 2 inches of crap/frozen slush. Even with a 16 foot plank I doubt you could get on and what's beyond the edges doesn't look great. More rain coming tonight and temps in the 40s. Maybe next weekend if we get a few nights in the teens.

I think that's going to be the conditions in most if not all places now.

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #84 on: Jan 05, 2019, 05:48 PM »
Well, hopefully I just helped us out.  Had to replace part of my septic system this year and just put out some grass seed...54 degrees.  This should bring the cold.  Fingers crossed.  Nez

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #85 on: Jan 05, 2019, 07:25 PM »
That sucks you had to fix the septic, bills for that stuff get real ugly real fast.  Hopefully planting your grass will bring the cold, that'd be my luck. 

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #86 on: Jan 06, 2019, 05:04 PM »
yeah, don't expect septic tank fail after only 14 years.  I figured that planting grass seed will cause cold weather to come.  We'll see

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #87 on: Jan 06, 2019, 05:14 PM »
Well so far it seems to be working, it's been snowing at my house on and off all day long and currently it's 28 degrees.  Hopefully Old Man Winter will get his act together and give us some consistent cold temps already.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Jan 06, 2019, 05:16 PM »
Sounds good Chris.
Let's plan on getting on the ice somewhere satutday.if not we can hit the river.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #89 on: Jan 06, 2019, 06:20 PM »
Sunday would be better if the weather's good I'd like to try to get out with the muzzle loader since it's the last day if the weather isn't good for the muzzle loader Saturday would work.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.