The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Depth charts  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Jimbok

• IceShanty Rookie
Depth charts
« on: Jan 13, 2016, 04:10 PM »
Anyone out there with a good resource for depth contour maps? I'm mostly interested for ones in the Jackson area, but have been striking out. There's a lot a great contour maps available, but they only show dry land! Lakes are just a frustrating solid blue color... I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

Offline LingEater

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Depth charts
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2016, 04:29 PM »
Navionics has a free webapp which allows you to see bathymetric maps of certain lakes but you can't get coordinates from it.  You can get the Navionics app for your smartphone for $10 - Jackson lake and a few others in your area are covered.  You can also get historic topographic maps here: http://ngmdb.usgs.gov/maps/topoview/viewer/#16/43.2693/-108.1682   These maps are really only useful for reservoirs but you can download a .kmz and view them on google earth.

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2016, 04:33 PM »
There is a topo map that the park put out a few years ago that shows the Jackson Lake area. I believe its just a USGS 24000 feet map that shows all the contours of the lake and the surrounding  dry land. I have one myself. There is also one that was party of a study way back in the 60's or 70's that shows the contours of the lake as well. Try google Jackson Lake topo maps or Jackson Lake mackinaw if memory serves me right.

Good luck.

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2016, 04:44 PM »
The Humminbird Lakemaster western states chip covers most of that area as well if you have a fish finder that will accept it. The lakes that it covers in Teton county are:

Emma Matilda, Teton
Jackson, Teton
Jenny, Teton
Leigh, Teton
Phelps, Teton
Two Ocean, Teton

I should not that these are all standard definition lakes on their chips.

If you don't have a graph that will accept these I would suggest that you spend the $10 on the navionics app.

Offline bigjig84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2016, 06:00 AM »
I've been trying to find some online without much luck as well

Offline CGS3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2016, 11:24 AM »
I look at Angling-Technologies.com sometimes -  if that helps.

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2016, 09:00 AM »
     Hey guys! I'm not "techie" at all and still use an old style flip phone. I do have a Samsung 10.1 tablet and which is pretty dependent on a cell phone signal to use a lot of the features of this tablet but could take the Navionics app. My first question is for those using the $10 Navionics app. To view the contour maps while on the lake do you need to have cell phone signal? Typically, the lakes I get to fish Greyrocks, Wheatland #3, don't have contours available. Is there a way to see what Wyoming lakes are featured in this app? Thanks ;D.

Offline mvanhank222

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2016, 10:53 AM »
Might work with tablet if it has embedded gps. Then navionics app is a mix of official contour maps and community edits typically on a lake of any size it will be very detailed if you turn on the sonar charts. I believe the sonar charts are built off the HDS series mapping functions.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.