Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Transportation

drying out seat foam???

(1/2) > >>

skidooguy:
okay so my sled for this year did not come with a seat. so i searched everywhere and finally found the right foam, but it is waterlogged bad. i do not want to put my new seat cover on this because i do not want it to freeze and ruin it. i had it inside the house for about a week now and it has dried some, but the middle still seems to be very wet.

what do you guys think?

mud_n_fun:
Squeeze the snot out of it so the water moves to different parts of the foam and keep it inside till it dries.

Tainterslayer:
Get one of those ShamWOWs :D

Iceline:
I agree with seadog, hand the cushion from a corner and let gravity do its job. Like hanging a paint brush after washing it the water will slowly drip out. Hang it in a warm place if possible.

Once dry I found that spraying the cushion with camp dry helped repel further wetness and helped kept the foam from dry rotting.

CMMahy:
Most guys i know that have sunk their sleds dry the seat by standing it on end over a hot air register in their house (once it's stopped dripping) I've heard it can take up to 2 weeks for one to fully dry out. If you don't dry it completely, once it's outside in the cold it freezes and it's like sitting on a chunk of wood.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version