New York > Ice Fishing New York

Navionics app on phone - North Country Lakes

<< < (5/6) > >>

Adironzach:

--- Quote from: lowaccord66 on Mar 10, 2023, 08:54 AM ---There are units out there that map as you move along in the boat and they are a must have up there.

--- End quote ---

Would be absolutely worth a days time and gas to putter around and mark some of those lakes. A lot easier than drilling and marking individual waypoints too  :roflmao:

XC 600:
I have a Lowrance reveal with live genesis that overlays mapping. Reasonable price and good unit can log and download map updates on their web site

skinny4:
I can map thru the ice and the more spots I drill I get more and more details. It can be done on a $300 ish unit too so if your looking for a fish finder get one with gps. I switch from ice to my boat and back again and get great maps in the boat but on ice I can get decent maps after a trip or 2.

deerefishyfishy:
Skinny4, I've never heard of mapping through the ice with the ducer in a bucket of water. Gonna have to try that one. I have also had mixed results with Navionics (on Android) on several upstate lakes. I still sound my tip-up holes also and use a small button laced on the line as a depth indicator that can be slid up and down the line so I only have to sound the hole the first time

wec:
I was on a lake yesterday, navonics said 79 ft., it wound up being 29. Navonics is usually good up to 35 ft., then on some lakes it’s way off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version