Minnesota > Ice Fishing Minnesota

LOTW gone/going down hill

(1/2) > >>

FrozenTRD:
I have been going to the northwest angle for the last 12 years; I just got back from this years trip. It used to be great; would rarely see other houses/people, be selective with keeping fish, catch limits...Now there are houses everywhere, looks like the south shore. Our group of 5 would be lucky to catch 8 or 10 eaters in a day (not keeping 12 inches). Not nearly number or size of fish anymore. Everyone that we talked to said the same thing.
Any of you guys seeing the same thing? Are the glory days gone?

Hard_H2O:
Last year when we went to Flag Island Resort we had a great trip. Crappies on the Canadian side were very plentiful. Walleyes were phenomenal. I caught an released a 28-1/2 inch walleye. Saugers mixed in with the walleye. Pike were caught on occasion.

This year we are heading to Sioux Narrows for lakers due to Flag Island being closed.

CrappiePerchDude:

--- Quote from: FrozenTRD on Jan 23, 2023, 07:43 AM ---I have been going to the northwest angle for the last 12 years; I just got back from this years trip. It used to be great; would rarely see other houses/people, be selective with keeping fish, catch limits...Now there are houses everywhere, looks like the south shore. Our group of 5 would be lucky to catch 8 or 10 eaters in a day (not keeping 12 inches). Not nearly number or size of fish anymore. Everyone that we talked to said the same thing.
Any of you guys seeing the same thing? Are the glory days gone?

--- End quote ---

Where have you been going out of?

fishinator:
I stayed in a sleeper a few years back with some friends. I couldn't have been less impressed.  Better walleye fishing in indiana.

FrozenTRD:

--- Quote from: CrappiePerchDude on Jan 30, 2024, 05:32 PM ---
Where have you been going out of?

--- End quote ---

Always went with Flag Island Resort...I'd kind of like to know what all went on with it closing for this winter.
I'm considering trying Sunset this winter...not sure if they have openings, but its been on my mind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version