New York > Ice Fishing New York

Lakers and Walleye

(1/1)

bbslick50:
I'm up here at Paul Smith's and from what I've heard there's Lakers and Walleyes up in the area. I've always icefished for panfish how do I fish for Lakers and Walleye through the ice?  ???

Sax_:
For Lakers your going have to go into some deeper water 50-150 fow , If you are using tip-ups you should go with some big minnows buckeyes, suckers Mooneyes , smelt ...etc run some tip-ups right off the bottom , some suspended at different depths when i usually find what depth they are mostly biting at i set most of my tip-ups but not all at that depth but not all in-case there is some browns or rainbows landlocks or more lakers around . when jigging i usually go with a Swedish pimple , buckshot , krockdile , kastmaster ..etc i usually tip them with a whole minnow , minnow head or some kind of plastic . when I'm jigging i usually start from the bottom and work my way up . I dont own a vex , but they will make finding them a lot easyer. For the walleyes some one else is going to have to help you on that one . hope this helps

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version