New York > Ice Fishing New York

Suggestions for NON-Live bait lakes

(1/2) > >>

polaristeam:
Never really fished any lakes ??? ??? that i couldn't use live bait on before. Looking for suggestions on fishing pike without the shinner on the hook.

IceReaver:
Non-Live bait...or Artificial bait only???

If it's non-live bait, you can use salted minnows or better yet, anchovies or sardines...something with high oil content.

If it's artificial bait only (never ice-fished these kind of waters), I would suggest either some form of vertical spoon (Swedish pimple, Phoebe, etc.), or a twin-tailed mister twister attached to a regular jig (summer tactics)???

polaristeam:
it's Lower st. Regis lake next to Paul Smith's College. Non-live only...you can use article. thank for the suggestion. I'll definitely try that.

IceReaver:
For more information on pike fishing, check the thread under general tips called Northern Pike.  Everything you need/want is posted with regards to bait, technique, equipment, etc. ;)2

pikie:

--- Quote from: polaristeam on Dec 15, 2005, 08:44 AM ---it's Lower st. Regis lake next to Paul Smith's College. Non-live only...you can use article. thank for the suggestion. I'll definitely try that.

--- End quote ---

I've icefished Lower St. Regis Lake with live bait, and I'm 99% sure it was legal.  Check out this link.  http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/reg5/r5fish/icefish/franklin.html   

Only the underlined lakes have special regulations, and Lower St. Regis does not.  Good luck either way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version