New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: East Bay  (Read 410 times)

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
East Bay
« on: Jan 21, 2011, 11:04 PM »
I was looking at a map today and seen a bay located between sodus bay and port bay called east bay. Anybody have any information on it? Species in there? Depth? Any access to the ice? Never even heard of it before today...
It'll eat.

Offline gill catcher13126

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: East Bay
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2011, 08:57 AM »
between sodus bay and port bay?  i never heard of an east bay.... and ive fished port bay all my life. got one of my biggest bucket mouths outta there. ill look and check it out and if i know were it is ill let uk
if there there ill catch em

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2011, 01:40 PM »
I seen it on the map and it is deffinately between sodus bay and port bay. I just dont know much about it and figured this would be a good place to ask...And as far as port bay goes...there are a ton of big bass in there. Lots of nice perch and slabs in there too!
It'll eat.

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2011, 01:56 PM »
I got into East Bay from Ontario one time with my boat.  Chewed up a little gravel with my prop getting in there but I got in.  lol    The day I was in there didn't impress me though, but I am sure it was just the day. 
"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

Offline Chas

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2011, 03:08 PM »
East Bay can be spotty...depends if the channel to the lake was open or not during the year. Sometimes it closes. Don't know how it was this year.  There is a parking spot on the west side of East Bay. I have a friend that fishes for pike there. It's a smaller bay so he releases his catch so as not to take out the breeding stock.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2011, 04:31 PM »
East Bay can be spotty...depends if the channel to the lake was open or not during the year. Sometimes it closes. Don't know how it was this year.  There is a parking spot on the west side of East Bay. I have a friend that fishes for pike there. It's a smaller bay so he releases his catch so as not to take out the breeding stock.

Yeah blind sodus is the same way. I wouldnt hesitate keeping anything out of there though. When the channel does open it allows more fish to come in! Hows the panfishing in there? Got to be some crappies in there. Seen 3 creeks that run into the bay in the south end. Gotta be good come spawning time
It'll eat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.