Author Topic: From my Journal  (Read 1206 times)

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
From my Journal
« on: Jan 20, 2020, 10:01 AM »
Just looking thru dates from the last ten years I noticed this time line. 6 of the 10 yrs last ice for me was third week in feb. Earliest last ice was 1/15/17 and latest ice out was 3/15/15. At this pt my guess is if we get on ice by the end of this week we'll get four wks. I think this is very wishful thinking. Good news is this also means open water fishing picks up sooner.

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
Re: From my Journal
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2020, 04:58 PM »
Need another cold blast.  Just checked three ponds.  All three had one inch of ice.  I expected two of them to have at least 1 1/2" as they are small and protected from the wind.  The third I didn't expect to be froze over with the wind but it was.  It's a small gravel pit.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2020, 06:30 PM »
I hope your right bigr, just not sure about this weather.  Maybe if we can hold the little we have now until or if we get another snap.  Need a good one to put on some inches dang it!

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2020, 05:14 AM »
Ive been checking the weather every morning hoping to see a change in the 10 day.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2020, 08:25 AM »
It doesn't look too bad for the state line.  I think we are better off than Michigan some years anymore.  At least we don't get that lake effect snow that destroys the ice and make travel difficult.

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2020, 03:23 PM »
Agreed on Michigan ice and the lake effect ruining their ice. My brother lives near Cadillac and he says the snow kills their ice about every year. Not to mention the state doesn't plow the access site roads and a lot of the lakes are aways off the road. Hex

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2020, 05:14 PM »
Im going to be on the ice tomorrow!

Spudded 3.5 inches this afternoon. Might be short lived. But at least im getting out.
Got one goin'!

Offline tschneid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2020, 05:27 PM »
Im going to be on the ice tomorrow!

Spudded 3.5 inches this afternoon. Might be short lived. But at least im getting out.

Gotta take what your given. Good luck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.