Author Topic: Extended forecast says ice is coming  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Iceman junkie

• IceShanty Rookie
Extended forecast says ice is coming
« on: Jan 12, 2020, 05:14 PM »
Just looked at the extended forecast and its looking pretty good. Looks like starting January 19 its supposed to get pretty cold. Mostly 20's during the day and teens overnight for at least 10 days straight. I think well have ice by the last week of the month. It wont be long now my fellow hardwater freaks!!!

Offline markum

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Extended forecast says ice is coming
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2020, 07:11 PM »
Have you been hanging out in the newly established dispensaries in Illinois after 1-1-2020?

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2020, 07:13 PM »
Have you been hanging out in the newly established dispensaries in Illinois after 1-1-2020?
That is funny....

Offline Iceman junkie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2020, 07:25 PM »
Why yes I have and thanks for asking! That is funny!!!  Anyway who really knows but I think we will be getting ice in the not to distant future.

Offline markum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2020, 07:39 PM »
Well then!
We're off too see the wizard! The wonderful wizard of Oz!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2020, 08:40 PM »
Just looked at the extended forecast and its looking pretty good. Looks like starting January 19 its supposed to get pretty cold. Mostly 20's during the day and teens overnight for at least 10 days straight. I think well have ice by the last week of the month. It wont be long now my fellow hardwater freaks!!!
Are you sure you weren't looking at the seasonal projected normal temps in the extended forecast on Accuweather? That fooled me once too until I realized after 10 ten days it was the above.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Iceman junkie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2020, 08:47 PM »
I use the Weather Channel app. It shows the forecast 14 days out. Hopefully they are right.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2020, 08:50 PM »
I think there will be a limited amount of ice in NE IN for a fat fisherman like myself to walk on before the 25th of this month.  Hopefully it stays that way for a few weeks!

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2020, 05:25 AM »
I'm not seeing real good ice making weather for any larger bodies of water coming in the next 15 days. Maybe some channels and small ponds. We got so much fresh warm rain water and longer daylight hrs we may not stand on the big lakes and feel safe about moving around. I'm fairly certain the resi's are done for ice fishing this season.   

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2020, 06:08 AM »
I'm not seeing real good ice making weather for any larger bodies of water coming in the next 15 days. Maybe some channels and small ponds. We got so much fresh warm rain water and longer daylight hrs we may not stand on the big lakes and feel safe about moving around. I'm fairly certain the resi's are done for ice fishing this season.

X'2

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2020, 09:54 AM »
I think you're right about the reservoirs,  too much rain.  No problem getting back on these early ice lakes in the northern part of the state.  Highs in the 20s and lows in the teens and possibly lower for several days will get it done.

Get your stuff ready and don't wait until you hear that they are catching them to go!

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2020, 12:22 PM »
Get your stuff ready and don't wait until you hear that they are catching them to go!
That right there boys is the truth. 

I'm ready to get back out there... got a lot of projects done around the house, so i should be good to go for some serious ice time.

Offline Graygills22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2020, 12:35 AM »
Fish on! And on ice!

Offline SK8TNPIGEZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2020, 07:30 AM »
The big slabs been going good.  If we get two inches of ice on the resi might look south.  Hard to believe both at summer pool missy/sally!

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2020, 08:44 AM »
Weather forecast that I am seeing are all over the place for the next week or so. Some very cold some very rainy some very snowy some with warmer temps. As usual we'll all have to wait and see which is correct.

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2020, 09:58 AM »
My 10-day isn't showing us being on ice anytime soon in my area by the time things cap over it's going to warm right back up

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #16 on: Jan 16, 2020, 10:03 AM »
lets hope we don't make any news stories, if and when we get ice to walk on.  people are revved up to go.  be smart when it comes.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 16, 2020, 10:13 AM »
Amen to that, be smart on the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.