Author Topic: Footwear?  (Read 15801 times)

Offline Luffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag up!
Re: Footwear?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 19, 2008, 02:54 PM »
Mikeys

Offline natureboy79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 27, 2008, 09:15 AM »
baffins or mickeys for sure

My name is Andy and i'm a fishaholic....

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #32 on: Feb 27, 2008, 12:59 PM »
Just got a pair of those rocky blizzards!  sweet! actually too warm!  and light too!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Apr 14, 2008, 09:55 AM »
Sorels were a little chilly last season, :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #34 on: Apr 14, 2008, 10:01 AM »
sorels 23 years old and still going. ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #35 on: Aug 19, 2008, 12:16 PM »
I have some snowmobile boots that are rated down to 100 below. They are pretty heavy but warm. I haven't put screws in the soles because they would tear up the carpet in my shanty. For milder weather I have some 1,000 gram insulated boots that work great.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Aug 19, 2008, 06:19 PM »
I own a set of Rocky Blizzards. I love them.   Now a friend of mine has a set of Rocky's with the built in, flip out ice cleats. They were pricey but nice.

Offline youngster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EAT OR BE EATEN
« Reply #37 on: Oct 22, 2008, 10:03 AM »
youngster

Offline youngster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EAT OR BE EATEN
« Reply #38 on: Oct 22, 2008, 10:07 AM »
i like the rubber because keeps pant legs dry and with bad back im to lazy to bend over an tie. haha but i know alot of guys wear these types of boots icefishing  only lacrosse and rockys. the irish setters are local so thought id try them. any info would be aaprreciated.
youngster

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Oct 22, 2008, 10:09 AM »
Love my Mickey Mouse boots.......But a real close second goes to the muck boots....
;

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Oct 22, 2008, 01:57 PM »
 LaCrosse Ice Kings

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Oct 22, 2008, 02:48 PM »
I wish rocky boots would come back out with the retractable spikes  I keep looking for some old stock in stores , ebay, ect  It would definatly make living in the ice and snow belt alot safer for me
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Oct 22, 2008, 08:33 PM »
Cabelas Predator Extereme, warm and comfortable.

Offline slegar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Nov 03, 2008, 12:05 PM »
Any advice on boots for guys whos feet sweat like theres no tomorrow.
never used anything but Sorels before but an hour in, no matter how cold it is, feet soaked from sweat. I think I tried ever combanation of socks there could be, so gonna try different boots.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #44 on: Nov 03, 2008, 12:45 PM »
never used anything but Sorels before but an hour in, no matter how cold it is, feet soaked from sweat. I think I tried ever combanation of socks there could be, so gonna try different boots.

Sounds a lot like my feet, slegar.  By accident, one fall/winter:  I worked on a dairy farm at the time and wore just plain old uninsulated leather work boots, like Wolverines, around the farm in the fields.  When I worked in the barn in the "slop" I always slipped on a pair of over the boot, knee high barn boots.  Well this one season, I just kept on doing the same thing and what do you know, I never got cold feet when the barn boots were on.  I mean we see 20 - 30 below, F. frequently here and I worked in it all day.  So I just wore the same foot apparel out onto the ice that year and guess what - no more cold feet.  I assume that the rubber barn boots put up an absolute barrier to the cold air and the looseness of the fit allowed my feet to "breathe".  Anyway, that is what I where, to this day, while fishing on hard-water.  It has never let me down.  Bonus - when you get back to the truck, it's an easy thing to get comfortable for the ride home by slipping off the barn boots.  I frequently wear just a pair of low leather shoes under the boots these days.

Good luck to you and may you find a way to keep your feet warm and dry.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #45 on: Nov 03, 2008, 12:56 PM »
Selgar,
   I would go talk with a doctor hopefully they can suggest a remedy. I have heard of people applying antiperspirant to their feet ,personally do not recommend this practice. Some medical researchers believe the aluminum salts in antiperspirants may cause Alzheimer's or Parkinson,s diseases . Since you have tried different sock combonations maybe try boots with a lining made to wick moisture away from your feet or boots made of gortex-leather combonation of materials. I hope you find a solution cold damp feet seem to take forever to warm up and make for a miserable day of fishing.

Steve

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #46 on: Nov 03, 2008, 02:57 PM »
I have honestly bought a pair of boots each of the last three ice seasons, so this year I decided I would spend real money and hopefully not have to buy boots for a few more years....I bought Cabela's Trans Alaskan 3 series boot....I though I spend hundreds of dollards or rods, jigs cameas but I always cheaped out on boots, dumb i know

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #47 on: Nov 03, 2008, 04:06 PM »

Spray your feet with an antiperspirant under arm spray and it will help a bunch.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #48 on: Nov 03, 2008, 06:38 PM »
Selgar,
   I would go talk with a doctor hopefully they can suggest a remedy. I have heard of people applying antiperspirant to their feet ,personally do not recommend this practice. Some medical researchers believe the aluminum salts in antiperspirants may cause Alzheimer's or Parkinson,s diseases . Since you have tried different sock combonations maybe try boots with a lining made to wick moisture away from your feet or boots made of gortex-leather combonation of materials. I hope you find a solution cold damp feet seem to take forever to warm up and make for a miserable day of fishing.

Steve

botox will stop it, if you want to go that route. my feet sweat like mad too, but i just keep moving my toes, and don't wear boots that are too tight.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #49 on: Nov 23, 2008, 10:08 AM »
Years ago I had a pair of moon boots. They had a very thick sole and insulated my feet from the cold ice very well. I wish someone would make them again in a model that is water proof and doesn't cost more than a used atv.

Offline aa8shot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Nov 30, 2008, 09:27 PM »
Lacross iceman boots, silk socks first then cover with acrylic socks. Feet always warm and stay dry.

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
« Reply #51 on: Nov 30, 2008, 10:42 PM »
Bunny Boots (mickey mouse boots) are my favorite.

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #52 on: Dec 03, 2008, 08:40 PM »
Years ago I had a pair of moon boots. They had a very thick sole and insulated my feet from the cold ice very well. I wish someone would make them again in a model that is water proof and doesn't cost more than a used atv.

My Baffins sorta look like "Moon Boots" :

They are the warmest boots I have ever worn.

shawno  8)

Offline amortec

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • May Your Rattle Reel's Ring Often!!!
« Reply #53 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:58 PM »
Lacrosse  "Icemen"  Mine are close to Thirty years old & still look great ... No more cold feet get some Icemen!
I only work so that I can afford to fish, hunt, & farm

Offline Bellybuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Dec 13, 2008, 03:35 PM »
anyone know where to get LaCrosse Ice Kings in Ontario, can order from LaCrosse site but they ship UPS and the brokerage fees will kill me
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
--Stephen Wright

Offline Bellybuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Dec 14, 2008, 03:41 PM »
no worries, ordeed online from a place that ships postal. $99 US, cheapest I could find in Canada was $179
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
--Stephen Wright

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.