Author Topic: striker bibs ?  (Read 19329 times)

Offline Fusco55

• IceShanty Rookie
striker bibs ?
« on: Jan 26, 2012, 08:41 AM »
I am on my second pair of Stricker Ice bibs. I wore my first pair on the ice one 1 day and they tore in the crouch. The only moving around I do is walk out, kneel on the ice and sit in my shanty. I Emailed Stricker Ice with pics and they had me send them back (on my dime). I even sent them pics of me wearing them and they felt they did not look to tight (I don't think they fit tight at all they are 2xl). Stricker Ice was very helpful and they replaced them quickly.

Now I wore my second pair twice and the have torn again. I sent them another Email and I am waiting for their response, but I am wondering if anyone else has had any problems with their bibs? The whole suit is excellent on the ice, they keep me warm and dry (even with a tear), but don't think if you spend $350.00 on a suit it should tear wearing them once or twice.

Offline Fusco55

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: striker bibs ?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2012, 11:14 AM »
Just spoke with Shawn at STRIKER Ice (I spelled it wrong in the first post) and their CS is the best I've ever dealt with. They are sending me out a larger pair to try and if they are to big Shawn is going to find me a tailor to fix the torn pair at Strikers cost. AWESOME Customer Service!

Offline Skinnybenny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasin' Only Monsters,Catchin' Only Bait
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2012, 09:32 PM »
Need to tell the wifey just to unzip to get to it not rip it out with her teeth! 

Haha I'm just teasin! That's cool for em to fix it for ya
Give a man a Fish,Feed him for a day:Teach Him to Fish And He will Be Preoccupied the rest of his Life

Offline cousin eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2012, 12:33 PM »
I had the inside lining rip out on the crotch of my bibs.  Talked with Shawn and he said send them back at my convenience when I wasn't going to be fishing for a few days.  Sent them in on a Monday and had them back by Thursday.  Fixed them up with a stronger double stitching that has held up great.

Offline TheFishstick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2012, 08:01 PM »
Just checked mine after seeing this post and the seam is just starting to split on mine as well after only 2 trips out in them... crap. Hopefully it will hold up while im on the ice tomorrow. What a PIA, last weekend was my first weekend back on the ice after having my LX-5 crap out on my christmas day. Not my season equipment wise.

Offline slabkiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2012, 03:22 PM »
Apparently some of you got bibs with compromised seam stitching in this area. Maybe there was a shortage of material for which to make the seam. Mine are holding up great! They have a warranty so my only concern would be in timing to get something fixed. I wouldn't trade mine for anything else out there.

Offline tomjohn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2012, 07:03 PM »
My pair is holding up GREAT. They are one of the best investments I have made for ice fishing clothing.
When hell freezes over Ill Ice fish there too

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2012, 09:38 AM »
Apparently some of you got bibs with compromised seam stitching in this area. Maybe there was a shortage of material for which to make the seam. Mine are holding up great! They have a warranty so my only concern would be in timing to get something fixed. I wouldn't trade mine for anything else out there.
i have the same problem with the crotch area in my striker bibs only wore them 4 times...after contacting sean at striker he tells me there is a problem with the seem to send them back....he also says only 2 percent of his bibs have this problem....a friends mother purchased 4 striker suits for xmas and 2 have this problem...i hope striker fixes the problem for me 350 is alot of cash for poor quality
Budweiser pro staff

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 19, 2012, 10:13 PM »
I've worn mine 15-20 times this year I have checked the seams and they holding up just like new.  I move around a lot when I'm fishing, getting up and down kneeling in water no problems yet and don't expect any.  But I have talked to Sean at striker and I believe if I did have a problem he would make sure it would be corrected, he seemed to be driven to make his customers happy. :icefish:

Striker Ice Lite

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2012, 09:54 AM »
i just checked my bibs and the crotch and butt area stitching is coming undone.going thru the step to see whats gonna get done about it..first email is going to where i bought them.

Offline cousin eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2012, 03:31 PM »
SPECK, go right through Shawn.  He will have you send them back to their warranty department, turn around should be about 5 days for you in MI.  He will make sure you are taken care of.  I had the same problem you had and sent an email to Striker and the store I purchased them from.  Never heard back from the store, but heard back from Shawn (by a phone call) the next day, which was December 26th.  I wasn't expecting a response for a few days being that I sent the email on Christmas day, and wouldn't have been surprised if I didn't hear from either the store or Striker until after the new year.  What a surprise it was to get a phone call the day after.  I give Striker two thumbs up on their customer service.

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 20, 2012, 03:47 PM »
i agree call striker and sean will get back with you....he tells me some of the bibs dont have enough overlap in the crotch area thats why the stitching breaks free...customer service does seem to be good although im not happy about having to pay for the shipping as i just paid to have the suit shipped a  2 weeks ago...i asked him what if this is a reoccuring problem and he said he would make sure im taken care of ::). i told him our ice season is fading fast
Budweiser pro staff

Offline jayman_1975

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 20, 2012, 08:24 PM »
I just came across this thread today.   I was very disappointed to hear these problems as I have been so happy with my suit. I just love it!  I dug mine out as soon as I got home and indeed did notice the seam starting to separate right inside the crotch area :(

I am let down by this discovery.  It cost me $30 to have these shipped to me.  It will cost me another $60 for another 2 ways?  Ouch. Its gonna be tough for them to overcome this I think. Even though they are trying to fix the issues, it's costing people alot of money to ship them back.  As much as I like all the features and pretty much everything about this suit, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth and am thinking I might have made the wrong choice. Too bad.  The coat however is holding up great.   

Offline cousin eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 21, 2012, 08:55 AM »
I just came across this thread today.   I was very disappointed to hear these problems as I have been so happy with my suit. I just love it!  I dug mine out as soon as I got home and indeed did notice the seam starting to separate right inside the crotch area :(

I am let down by this discovery.  It cost me $30 to have these shipped to me.  It will cost me another $60 for another 2 ways?  Ouch. Its gonna be tough for them to overcome this I think. Even though they are trying to fix the issues, it's costing people alot of money to ship them back.  As much as I like all the features and pretty much everything about this suit, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth and am thinking I might have made the wrong choice. Too bad.  The coat however is holding up great.

I just had to pay the shipping to get the bibs back to Striker, they paid return shipping.  Shipping was $6 for me through UPS.  $30 for one-way shipping, is this an international rate or what?  Talk to Shawn and express that you do not want to pay the shipping, maybe he will give you an option to get them repaired locally on their dime.

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #14 on: Feb 22, 2012, 04:34 PM »
SPECK, go right through Shawn.  He will have you send them back to their warranty department, turn around should be about 5 days for you in MI.  He will make sure you are taken care of.  I had the same problem you had and sent an email to Striker and the store I purchased them from.  Never heard back from the store, but heard back from Shawn (by a phone call) the next day, which was December 26th.  I wasn't expecting a response for a few days being that I sent the email on Christmas day, and wouldn't have been surprised if I didn't hear from either the store or Striker until after the new year.  What a surprise it was to get a phone call the day after.  I give Striker two thumbs up on their customer service.
just got off the phone with shawn and he says hes got the fix for the crotch area of the  ice lite bibs.got to pay for shipping them there though.seems like good customer service and was friendly on the phone.

Offline moab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 22, 2012, 04:41 PM »
Mine did the same as well.  Sent them back to Striker and got them stitched up.  Seem to be holding up well. 

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 23, 2012, 07:54 AM »
My AA suit is starting to fall apart after one whole year, almost ordered the striker suit when I saw the sale at redrock, glad I didn't,  I will buy a new suit shortly and I will spendthe money and get quality, like mustang or salus
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 23, 2012, 09:56 AM »
just sent mine out today another 12 dollars....hope they are fixed rite when they come back >:(
Budweiser pro staff

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 23, 2012, 03:14 PM »
Need to tell the wifey just to unzip to get to it not rip it out with her teeth! 

Haha I'm just teasin! That's cool for em to fix it for ya
now thats funny right there ;D

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Mar 09, 2012, 10:56 AM »
just recieved my repaired striker bibs in the mail they sewed a heavy duty triangle shape patch in the crotch area

here is a picture of the loaner bibs sean sent me after using them 2 times
Budweiser pro staff

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Mar 09, 2012, 11:00 AM »
obviously a manufacturing defect exists in the sewing around the crotch area >:(.....i just hope this patch works as i like the suit
Budweiser pro staff

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #21 on: Apr 03, 2012, 06:56 AM »
i sent my whole suit in for repair on march 5 and its now the 3rd of april and i still dont have my suit back.been in contact with shawn about where my suit was and he said the first repair wasnt good enough so he sent it back again.striker has had my suit longer than ive owned it.the stitches on my coat and bibs were coming unraveled.i hope i get it back soon and its bulletproof because i only wore it 5 times...shouldve lasted years.
update
finally got my bibs back and ill have to wait till next year to try them out again.looks like new but the stitches still arent  looking the greatest.the suit is a dream to icefish in though.

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Oct 05, 2012, 10:48 PM »
I just had to pay the shipping to get the bibs back to Striker, they paid return shipping.  Shipping was $6 for me through UPS.  $30 for one-way shipping, is this an international rate or what?  Talk to Shawn and express that you do not want to pay the shipping, maybe he will give you an option to get them repaired locally on their dime.
He gave me a free hat to offset the shipping cost  ;D
Budweiser pro staff

Offline slabkiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Nov 19, 2012, 09:54 PM »
I wore mine all last season and have had no problem whatsoever. My son wears the LITE suit and he has had no problem. I just got a new Hardwater suit and I tried everything possible to try to bust the crotch short of throwing a bowling ball in there. No problems. Could this be a sizing issue?

Offline Fusco55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Nov 20, 2012, 11:17 AM »
not a sizing issue, spoke with Striker and they took care of it!

Offline lockdown199

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life to the fullest
« Reply #25 on: Nov 20, 2012, 05:42 PM »
I also had to send my bib back it was way to big. Also had to pay shipping for return but they sent me a hat. After looking at the crotch area the stitching looks like it wouldn't last long so I will be using my baseball thread to solve this problem before it starts.

Offline adkwiley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 02, 2012, 09:46 PM »
Jeesh i got my striker ice suit lat year and beat the crap out of it.  I've had no problems, i wonder if they made a bad batch?

Offline Fusco55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 03, 2012, 09:23 AM »
I spoke with the guys from Striker and they said this was a problem with only about 30 pairs of bibs, so this is not a huge problem. I want to assure everyone that I would buy Striker Ice gear again in a heart beat. Thier Customer Service is excellent and that will make up for any issue they may have.

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack is always toasty, Beer is always cold.
« Reply #28 on: Dec 03, 2012, 11:24 AM »
Until I read the very last post I was wondering if you were painting your bibs on or what, I don't know that I could even move in a way that would put pressure on the crotch of my bibs. Striker suit is by far and away the best I have ever owned, fishing suit or not, and I've been sledding for over 20 years.

Offline Yooper77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 03, 2012, 11:29 PM »
I emailed Sean to see if this problem has been corrected, still no reply. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm getting bibs for Xmas, but I'm woried about their stitching now.

Changed my middle name to "You should have been here yesterday".         Remember it's called fishing, not catching.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.