Author Topic: BOOTS  (Read 8390 times)

Offline Pike-Icer

• Team IceShanty Regular
BOOTS
« on: Jan 09, 2012, 08:18 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has experience with Korker SnowJack boots...

http://www.korkers.com/footwear/winter/snowjack.html

They also have an IceJack for even colder temperatures.   Their removable Omnitrax sole system looks pretty cool. 
Pikeonator23 on myfishfinder.com

Offline sst4life

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Peace, Love and Happiness only on Shanty
Re: BOOTS
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2012, 08:20 PM »
I bought a pair of Korkers for wading on the coast and they were a piece of crap !!! For the price I dont think they are worth it .......02

Offline tonysaracina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2012, 02:04 PM »
Don't get those. Get a pair of Muck Arctic Pro's  same price they keep you extremely warm and very comfy. Maybe a 1/2 inch of gel like sole in the bottom. Good for -60 to 40 degrees F. They are the same price as those to. http://www.muckbootsoutlet.com/arctic_pro_extreme_sport_muck_boots  I have yaktrax for the bottoms of mine they fit perfectly. Hope this helps!  ;D
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                               
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º>
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline Rovert

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2012, 02:11 PM »
Mucks   x2

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2012, 05:26 AM »
if you only want to buy one more pair of boots for the rest of your life get the baffin apex, unbelievable
da splake chaser

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2012, 09:55 AM »
X2 on the Baffin Apex. The most comfortable boot that keeps your feet comfortable. Not hot or cold. Rated to minus 148 below zero, Perfect but pricey. Well worth it!
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2012, 02:13 PM »
What is the side support like with these boots I have Cabala's and the side support is terrible.Also when drilling holes ice sticks to them causing cold feet after awhile. The best boots I still own are La Cross ice mans I put new liners from sorel in this year. the Ice mans are 30 years old so I where them sparingly.

Live to fish forced to work

Offline macchia182

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2012, 04:22 PM »
Mickey boots are the best!!

Offline gil_lunkage

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2012, 08:24 PM »
I have used a pair of 1200mg Field and stream rubber boots for almost 10yrs with no issues.  fished a whole weekend tourney in -32 below and have never had a foot problem
"Don't hate me cause you ain't me"
~ Some Dude

Offline twodaysoff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 09, 2013, 12:36 PM »
I have a serious case of cold feet.  I have standard 'chore' muck boots and wear smartwool socks but my feet still get cold when I'm out on the ice.  Looking at getting some new artic type muck boots.  Any other suggestions.  I would rather have a slip on style but it is not a deal breaker.

Offline eddievegas

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2013, 12:58 PM »
I have sorel superior's, they have been great for the 20 plus years i have used them

Offline loogie78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2013, 01:05 PM »
I would suggest 3 different boots. Muck Artic Pro boot, Sorel Bear boot, and Sorel Alpha Trac boot. They have worked very well for me and a lot of my friends. I personally have the Muck Artic Pro and the Sorel Bear boot. I use the Mucks for hunting and the Sorel's for ice fishing but the Mucks will do just as good on the ice. Just wear a liner and a wool sock and your feet will never get cold. I have the same problem with my feet always getting cold outside during the winter time, but when I wear the Mucks or the Sorels my feet NEVER get cold.

Offline rellison8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 09, 2013, 01:55 PM »
I would say from 100 anglers there will be about 100 different answers on this one.   ;D

Lots of good ones out there.  I use the Ranger Summit II pack boots and they do an awesome job of keeping my feet warm all day long.  I have a heart problem and low circulation so it don't take a lot to get my feet and hands cold but I been using these rangers for 5 years and love them.  They do an awesome job for me. 

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 09, 2013, 05:50 PM »
Columbia and Merrills for me and the wife, buy them big and wear good socks....

Offline Pines

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 09, 2013, 06:07 PM »
Lacrosse Ice Kings. My feet never get cold with these boots.

Offline LarryClutch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go Big or Go Home
« Reply #15 on: Dec 09, 2013, 07:34 PM »
I have sorels. Forgot the style but they are big enough to keep my feet warm and not too big so I can drive with them on.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 09, 2013, 08:37 PM »
Chore muck boots aren't warm at all. Mine are, but that's because I wear them catfishing in the summer!

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 09, 2013, 09:07 PM »
I have the LaCrosse  Ice Kings pack boot and believe this is the 6th winter for them.  They're kinda heavy but for cold feet they do a good job.  I'd be willing to try some Sorels or some other brand but afraid I'd be disappointed and be stuck with them.

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #18 on: Dec 09, 2013, 10:02 PM »
I got Baffins this year but it hasn't been cold enough to use them yet. I was out yesterday fished for about 3hrs did great on gills got a few cats and a few bass but the temps were only 15-20
Never to many short poles

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Dec 09, 2013, 10:12 PM »
I got a pair if muck woody max boots this year and I have not got cold feet once. All I wear is one pair of wool socks and I do not wear the boots driving though I put them on when I get to where I'm going cause other wise my feet would sweat then they would get cold. I was a skeptic at first but I am a believer now.... Mucks are the best boot I ever owned

Offline rugby ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 09, 2013, 10:15 PM »
And the plot thickens as I wear a pair of mickeys!! Don't even need extra thick socks, nice cotton sock and I'm good to go. Also much cheaper than some of the other ones!
http://

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #21 on: Dec 10, 2013, 04:26 AM »
I just got the 1600 gram red head side zip guides this year. Its the first time in a long time my feet haven't gotten cold.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline ungvar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 11, 2013, 09:33 AM »
Bogs Arctic Roamer! This waterproof, cold-weather men's boot features a hand-lasted rubber and four-way stretch Neoprene upper built with 7mm waterproof Neo-Tech and 2mm Airmesh™ lining for stay-dry warmth in a range of conditions; the upper protects against cold to -65° F. Inside, Aegis™ antimicrobial treatment controls odor. Thinsulate™ 1000-Gram Insulation adds additional warmth and protection. The dual-density outsole of the Bogs Arctic Roamer 1000 boot is composed of a combination of hard and soft rubber to give heavy-duty traction in icy conditions. Aegis™ Antimicrobial Treatment Airmesh Approx. 16'' boot shaft height Approx. 17'' boot shaft circumference Bungee lacing system with locking toggle closure Comfort rated to -65° F Contoured footbed EVA midsole Fleece sockliner Four-way stretch Neoprene and hand-lasted rubber upper Neo-Tech™ Non-slip, self-cleaning rubber outsole Thinsulate™ 1000-Gram Insulation Waterproof construction.

Offline mattstark44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 11, 2013, 09:35 AM »
Baffin all the way!  light , Very warm and there are some deals out there on them if you search a little.  Check out their website.

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 19, 2013, 09:57 AM »
if you only want to buy one more pair of boots for the rest of your life get the baffin apex, unbelievable
I disagree! Buy far one of the worse boots I've ever owned. My feet get cold in them everytime! It is my understanding that they off shored their manufacturing of the boot to China. I'll bet that the Baffin Apex boots that everyone loves so much are the ones made in Canada. My son has a pair from Canada and his feet never get cold! I have 2 pairs (1 original and a replacement pair after complaining) made in China and  both pairs do not live up to their claims!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline randypape

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 30, 2013, 10:22 AM »
hello my Wife got me a pair of Baffin impact boots for ice fishing for Christmas and was wondering if anyone else has these and your opinions on them. also did you stay true to size or go up a 1/2 size. these fit snug and I'm wondering if i need to return them for a 1/2 size bigger than normal? thanks Randy

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #26 on: Dec 31, 2013, 12:30 PM »
I've been using a pair of Cabelas Extreme Predator pac boots starting this season and am in love.  They're not too heavy, a little over 5 pounds for the pair, but they are bulky.  The feet have been toasting warm and bone dry. 
Chris Raymond

Offline drywallgod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:36 PM »
mickey boots,my feet were always cold,maybe poor circulation but always warm now even below zero

Offline Icer1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 13, 2014, 09:56 PM »
Sorels.  hands down

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #29 on: Jan 15, 2014, 08:35 PM »
I picked up a pair of Ice Armor Onyx boots a few weeks ago and no more cold feet. :thumbsup:
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.