Author Topic: ARCTIC ARMOR SUIT  (Read 8263 times)

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
ARCTIC ARMOR SUIT
« on: Nov 08, 2010, 12:58 PM »
Any of you guys got a set ? Was considering buying a set after seeing the videos of how you float if ya go through the ice, but was wondering how comfortable and warm they are ? $350 is alot for a fishing suit but I guess 1 time through the ice would justify the expense , and the wife thinks its a good idea ( she must want something ,Hmmmm) so any in put would be appreciated !!!!

Slabslammer

Offline IcePirate6

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flaggg!!!
Re: ARCTIC ARMOR SUIT
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2010, 01:11 PM »
Worth every penny I think. I have gone through the ice in just the jacket and that kept me up very well. The suit is very warm just a light pair of long johns under the bibs and im plenty warm for the day. Highly recommended.

Offline blueultra2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2010, 02:01 PM »
If you do a search on here you can find a lot of info on those suits.   ;)2

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2010, 02:12 PM »
Whats thedifference between the Arcti Armor and the Arctic Armor Plus? Besides the price .

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Marking Reds, Catching Greens.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2010, 03:43 PM »
Thats a boatlaod of money for the suit in my opinion.  But I also cant sing thier praises because I dont own own One.  But something to think about is for the same money you could be fishing out of a one man shanty from several different manufactures, out of the elements and wear an emegency pull chord life vest for 40.00 bucks from Bass Pro.   
Marking Reds, catching Greens.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2010, 05:01 PM »
My brother and I both got the suits this year. We are super excited about wearing them this winter on the ice. My brother got the plus and the only difference it is that his suit has a fleece lining. Looks like a pretty neat feature and may be a tad warmer but we will see. I meant to try it out in our pond but I have seen tons of videos on it and a friend of mine tried his out this summer on a lake and he floated just fine...even with his brother in law hanging on to his waist he stayed afloat. I would recommend it....one of the best things I have purchased for this upcoming season I think. Oh....I am 6ft 185lbs and I got a large!!! Good luck!!

:)

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2010, 05:41 PM »
Some yahoo  ::) has one for sale in the for sale thread.....

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2010, 05:53 PM »
I have had my AA for a season and a half and wouldn't trade it for anything.  Plenty warm, keeps you dry, lots of pockets, etc.  The only thing I don't know about is the floating part as I have yet to go through.  Hope I never find out about it. 

You don't need much under the bibs, but I find that a heavy sweatshirt (My Ice Shanty Hoodie is perfect!!) under the jacket is a good idea, especially if it is really cold/windy.  The back of the jacket gets a bit cool otherwise. 

-Jeff

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2010, 05:57 PM »
Some yahoo  ::) has one for sale in the for sale thread.....

I'm 5' 10 175 lbs will that suit fit me ? Is IDI the same thing as Arctic Armor ?

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2010, 05:58 PM »

Offline gruntngrin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2010, 06:23 PM »
Best suit I have ever owned. 100 % glad I bought mine last year

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 08, 2010, 07:04 PM »
Thanks guys for input I just bought one from Mainedog !!!

Offline Super Yooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When Hell Freezes Over... I'll Ice Fish There To!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 09, 2010, 12:54 AM »
Whats thedifference between the Arcti Armor and the Arctic Armor Plus? Besides the price .

The color (Green) is only available in plus and it has a different, softer liner, not the shiny nylon. Not much other than that.

Offline Rainbow1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 09, 2010, 03:46 AM »
I would try it on before you buy it.  I wanted one last season, but finding one that fit my chest and waist was about 6" too long. 5'6" 200lbs.  I'm used to rolling stuff up but it just wouldn't work.  It's a shame because it was marked down to $250.

Offline rcjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 10, 2010, 06:25 AM »
Very lightweight and very warm. You don't need a shanty with this suit, I'm 5'11 and 280 and the 2XL Bibs and Jacket fit perfect

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 10, 2010, 06:12 PM »
Thats the whole point in buying and wearing a suit.You are very warm and are very easily mobile.you can hole hop all day and drill some more holes to do it all over again.I've had my suit for 2yrs now,well worth the money.I have the plus version.

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #16 on: Nov 10, 2010, 07:01 PM »
congrats on the suit purchase....enjoy!!

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 10, 2010, 09:00 PM »
Warmest lightest suit ive ever worn.  And its extremly packable.

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #18 on: Nov 13, 2010, 07:27 PM »
I couldn't wait for ice and actually wore my new Arctic Armor suit deer hunting this morning while sitting in my deer blind...it is very warm even though it seems really lightweight. Although it wasn't freezing cold just high 30's I was impressed. I was actually sweating a little bit on the walk in!! 2 thumbs up!!!

Offline djsublime

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • shiver me timbers!!!
« Reply #19 on: Nov 16, 2010, 01:03 AM »
This def sounds like it would be a great investment...it would def help ease the stress the wife has when i go out ice fishing solo....only read good things about the suit so far too...gonna have to save up for a bit :P

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 16, 2010, 06:50 PM »
I should of coughed up the cash and bought the arctic armor suit... although I couldnt pass up a deal from cabelas. They had a $160.00 set of Dry plus/Dri fowl bibs on sale for $72.00... just ordered mine in advantage max4 hd.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Dry-Plus174-Dri-Fowl8482-Bibs-Regular/753841.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D%26No%3D40%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dbibs%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchall%26WTz_stype%3DSP%26form_state%3DsearchForm%26search%3Dbibs&Ntt=bibs

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Nov 16, 2010, 07:55 PM »
Does anyone know what the difference is with the green color. I am looking at 1 on ebay. I know that the grey is warmer than blue, but green???

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: Nov 16, 2010, 09:02 PM »
I didn't know they had a green set. I am also in the market and  considering Carhartt extremes or Arctic Armor.
Fish on!

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Nov 16, 2010, 09:11 PM »
I didn't know they had a green set. I am also in the market and  considering Carhartt extremes or Arctic Armor.
i'd be weary of the carhartt extremes they are a lil heavy and do tend to get real stiff.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Nov 16, 2010, 09:45 PM »

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #25 on: Nov 17, 2010, 11:59 AM »
the green set of Arctic Armor has a warmer felt like interior lining...other than that same exact suit!!!

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Nov 17, 2010, 12:07 PM »
Does anyone know what the difference is with the green color. I am looking at 1 on ebay. I know that the grey is warmer than blue, but green???

The grey and blue suits are not Arctic Armor. Those are Ice Armor made by Clam.

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Nov 17, 2010, 04:52 PM »
Just scored a brand new arctic armor+ Jacket for 130.00! I couldnt resist at that price. Now Ill have brand new bibs and jacket for the 2010-2011 ice season  ;D... now if it would help to put more fish on the ice!!

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Nov 17, 2010, 05:02 PM »
Just scored a brand new arctic armor+ Jacket for 130.00! I couldnt resist at that price. Now Ill have brand new bibs and jacket for the 2010-2011 ice season  ;D... now if it would help put more fish on the ice!!

Oh do tell from where!

Steuben1

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.