New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346717 times)

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #11670 on: Feb 06, 2022, 10:52 AM »
He used me as an excuse to brag about his crappies.  I'd hate the guy but he takes his kids fishing a lot which is never bad.

Yeah, I used you as a excuse  ::)

I take my kids fishing every weekend bud. Soft water and hard. Heck, I even rotate between them taking them as bass tournament partners.

Offline liquidonyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11671 on: Feb 06, 2022, 01:30 PM »
Thank you!

weekends are busy try to hit it midweek to avoid the crowds

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11672 on: Feb 06, 2022, 05:16 PM »
Thank you!
I hit a limit off mdb this morning before 9 am. All 11 plus Inchers.    Crowds don't bother those of us who know what we're doing out there
I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

Offline HairyBagpipes

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Crappie make me happy
« Reply #11673 on: Feb 06, 2022, 05:19 PM »
I hit a limit off mdb this morning before 9 am. All 11 plus Inchers.    Crowds don't bother those of us who know what we're doing out there

I’m not surprised you got into them at MDB. I used to hammer them up near Diamond Island but it seems they like being down near MDB and the Steel Pier these days. I don’t know what changed with the Queen, she is a fickle mistress.
If you need me, I’ll be ripping Crappie lips on Brant Lake.

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11674 on: Feb 06, 2022, 05:25 PM »
I tend to avoid that part of the lake because usually I can't keep the stupid salmon away from my perch rigs

I came here to catch 50 slab perch not 10 25 inch landlocked salmon

With all the snow weve gotten recently i didnt feel like making a big hike.  So i tried mdb figuring if nothing else I'd have a real shot of a salmon I could hang on the wall

Only hooked 4 of them today fortunately.

Nice morning.  The egg sandwich I picked up at the Stewart's in Bolton really tied the trip together.
I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

Offline liquidonyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11675 on: Feb 06, 2022, 06:47 PM »
You had much better luck than I. Went to Vets park, caught only dink perch.

Offline HairyBagpipes

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Crappie make me happy
« Reply #11676 on: Feb 06, 2022, 07:09 PM »
You had much better luck than I. Went to Vets park, caught only dink perch.

Sawmill Bay is known for dink Perch. Mdougla1 is on to something in the Southern Basin. I wonder if there is some correlation between the fish coming back to MDB and the newer permeable pavement that was installed about 5 years ago. In the last two years the bite has really turned back on down there.
If you need me, I’ll be ripping Crappie lips on Brant Lake.

Offline icefishingct98

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bring on the ice!
« Reply #11677 on: Feb 06, 2022, 10:08 PM »
Going up to LG for the first time fishing wise… the week of the 24th of this month. Was just up there for the ice castles with my girl saw people fishing off MDB and north of that on that other access point near the docks and pier. Me and my buddy most likely wanna fish that general area, is it worth the walk north from where they do the Helicopter rides to find some lakers or salmon…. Catch plenty of perch in CT so really just looking for some lakers and Salmon and a few of those nice pike I know LG has. Saw some nice looking water on Navionics… but I know that area doesn’t have super deep water without giving away too much is that 30-55 feet zone worth targeting lakers in with traps?
I live for pike,bass,crappie,pickerel, and anything thats big and swims! Can't go jigging without my vex!

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11678 on: Feb 07, 2022, 09:50 AM »
Going up to LG for the first time fishing wise… the week of the 24th of this month. Was just up there for the ice castles with my girl saw people fishing off MDB and north of that on that other access point near the docks and pier. Me and my buddy most likely wanna fish that general area, is it worth the walk north from where they do the Helicopter rides to find some lakers or salmon…. Catch plenty of perch in CT so really just looking for some lakers and Salmon and a few of those nice pike I know LG has. Saw some nice looking water on Navionics… but I know that area doesn’t have super deep water without giving away too much is that 30-55 feet zone worth targeting lakers in with traps?

That’s plenty of depth, they can be in less than 10 when the water is equally cool everywhere in the winter.  The deal with lake George Lakers seems to be weather or not they are biting well on the given day, meaning you usually mark fish wherever you are, but if they are feeding aggressively it’s easy, if they’re barely chasing, it can be much harder.  That depth range is a fine place to start, and starting with the baits near the bottom is also a good idea. GL

Offline icefishingct98

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bring on the ice!
« Reply #11679 on: Feb 07, 2022, 12:13 PM »
Appreciate the info looking forward too it! Should be fun hoping that later ice bites on when we’re up there.
I live for pike,bass,crappie,pickerel, and anything thats big and swims! Can't go jigging without my vex!

Offline perch md

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11680 on: Feb 07, 2022, 05:36 PM »
I’ve seen some giant
Crappie come
Out of lg miss fishing there

Offline perch md

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11681 on: Feb 07, 2022, 05:41 PM »
I’ve seen some giant
Crappie come
Out of lg miss fishing there

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11682 on: Feb 07, 2022, 05:44 PM »
Zach sorry to hear you got wet in a crack.  Glad you made it out.  Dylan cites improper spudding as the cause.  Question is, is that true or is he a stone breaker.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11683 on: Feb 08, 2022, 05:45 AM »
Zach sorry to hear you got wet in a crack.  Glad you made it out.  Dylan cites improper spudding as the cause.  Question is, is that true or is he a stone breaker.
Hahahaha the spud was in the hand poor Zach just happened to be leading the way and the whole ice sheet behind him broke off, he was rewarded big time yesterday tho for his efforts….. and yes we fell thru at Hague beach sooooo dangerous don’t go there ever not this year not next not the year after ICE IS NEVER SAFE

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11684 on: Feb 08, 2022, 05:59 AM »
A nearly 3lb crappie is 17.75-18”.

Post pic of said crappie that make 16-18” crappie look small.

I saw that 2.98lb crappie on your Instagram, Andrew Wagner give him a follow guys great that he does involve his kids often! btw Andrew I know where that crappie was caught! Don’t worry tho everything is safe with me I’m not the one you gotta worry about!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11685 on: Feb 08, 2022, 06:06 AM »
Man you guys must be related to phelps with all that swimming. Also, life is a paradox of 2.98 crappie!

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #11686 on: Feb 08, 2022, 06:14 AM »
I just called them cracks because they weren’t raised and there was no gap. Risky none the less.

I’m thinking next time all just post the there was separation of the ice, it wasn’t connected, weird lines going straight down the ice, blah blah blah.

And I wasn’t offended one bit. Just wanted to share what I experienced

Tight lines everyone!
Be careful posting about a separation. Then everyone will be wondering when and if they can work it out and get back together. Lol
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11687 on: Feb 08, 2022, 06:25 AM »
Be careful posting about a separation. Then everyone will be wondering when and if they can work it out and get back together. Lol

As long as it’s not solely for the kids…

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #11688 on: Feb 08, 2022, 06:38 AM »
Lol.

I’ve never fished the king over yonder but one of these days I’d love to sounds fun. Never chased Lakers neither.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11689 on: Feb 08, 2022, 06:45 AM »

Haha! 

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #11690 on: Feb 08, 2022, 06:50 AM »

I know the location of the crack due to years past, seems like it’s in the same general location just off the beach, so I knew it wasn’t deep. It was ~8” of slush up to it. Spudded up towards where all the water was coming thru the crack. Moved forward a little to where I had just spudded. Hit the open water on the crack with my spud, got on my tip toes to reach/see how wide it was (6’6” frame has some reach to it), and as soon as I got on my toes, a 2’ chunk of ice broke off behind me and I slid forward into the water. Stupidly had my bibs zipped down to vent my heat during the drag. Water was above my knee, mid thigh or so. ~3’ deep. Boots stayed dry (shout-out muck books) and I am prepared (extra clothes in the car) so I just walked back, changed clothes, and was back out on the ice, safely across the ridge in all of 15-20 min. Proceeded to get skunked that day too so I guess it was a bad omen  :roflmao:

Persistence paid off tho. Had a great day on monday with a new PB salmon and my largest laker of the year so far  ;D

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11691 on: Feb 08, 2022, 06:59 AM »
I saw that 2.98lb crappie on your Instagram, Andrew Wager give him a follow guys great that he does involve his kids often! btw Andrew I know where that crappie was caught! Don’t worry tho everything is safe with me I’m not the one you gotta worry about!

I rarely post on my Instagram. Much more active on fb. Who are you? I can’t put a name with the screen name.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11692 on: Feb 08, 2022, 07:23 AM »
I stay unnamed no Facebook only insta but I haven’t posted in 2 years I just stay low key just know your a solid fisherman wanted to just poke fun to let ppl know the community of serious anglers are far and few between and everyone knows everyone in a nutshell even if they don’t think so! keep on catching em, great your kids are out with you so often we have a few mutual friends

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11693 on: Feb 08, 2022, 08:17 AM »
I stay unnamed no Facebook only insta but I haven’t posted in 2 years I just stay low key just know your a solid fisherman wanted to just poke fun to let ppl know the community of serious anglers are far and few between and everyone knows everyone in a nutshell even if they don’t think so! keep on catching em, great your kids are out with you so often we have a few mutual friends

Ok, got ya. Thanks for the respect and kind words. I usually try to keep My Instagram friends and fb friends people I know or like lol my oldest son that is 8 now, is Autistic with adhd. He’s my special buddy and literally take him with me Atleast once a week. Heck, I even  had both kids out December 14th this year with me and my buddy.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11694 on: Feb 08, 2022, 09:07 AM »
Real nice fish Zach!

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #11695 on: Feb 08, 2022, 10:04 AM »
Real nice fish Zach!

Thanks Jon. Always nice to reap some rewards for the time put in. Plus, there's not much that tops freshly caught fish for dinner  ;D

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11696 on: Feb 08, 2022, 11:18 AM »
Ok, got ya. Thanks for the respect and kind words. I usually try to keep My Instagram friends and fb friends people I know or like lol my oldest son that is 8 now, is Autistic with adhd. He’s my special buddy and literally take him with me Atleast once a week. Heck, I even  had both kids out December 14th this year with me and my buddy.

very awesome good work

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11697 on: Feb 08, 2022, 05:16 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6WFShS8om-w
Good watch if you have a second this was on lake george a week ago

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11698 on: Feb 08, 2022, 05:34 PM »
Heard a lot of stories about that one. Apparently scared the crap out of a lot of people!!
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline got em

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11699 on: Feb 08, 2022, 06:14 PM »
 ;D . .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.