New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346766 times)

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #11610 on: Jan 31, 2022, 07:14 PM »
Got to experience lake george and the circus as some guys say. Pulled In, one truck beat me there unfortunately their side by side wouldn't start, tried my jump pack but seems like a loose wire or bad ground while trailering not a battery. Bummer would have been nice to catch a ride in return for the jump but off I went. Fished 8 or so spots, ended up doing 2.5 Miles round trip but super easy drag. .5 mile out to first drop off than just kept making  .2 Mile walks to the next hump, drop off, flat. Ended up going 8 for 12 with 1 or 2 small guys and bunch of your typical 24-28" chunky trout and lost a giant that pulled a good 100ft of drag before popping the hook. Had one snow dog pull up on a hump and fished maybe 300 yards away for a half hour but other than that didn't deal with another person within a quarter mile of me sunrise to sunset. Good fishing, amazing weather, beautiful scenery, I don't know how you guys deal with it

Offline biggmike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11611 on: Feb 01, 2022, 10:35 AM »
  Trying to line up house to rent Feb. 26th-28th with this cold snap thinking ice will hold up till end of month

Offline Jake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11612 on: Feb 02, 2022, 05:49 AM »
can't ask for better conditions for us walkers this year. need you wheeler and sled guys to beat us some paths after this storm. going to be a slushy mess

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11613 on: Feb 02, 2022, 06:04 AM »
can't ask for better conditions for us walkers this year. need you wheeler and sled guys to beat us some paths after this storm. going to be a slushy mess
might be more snow then anything looking like a foot of snow, sucks for walking

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #11614 on: Feb 02, 2022, 06:06 AM »

yup. drags been so easy i havent taken my machine out yet. Definitely will be changing now though with a foot of snow coming. Hoping a lot of it blows off the lake so its not a complete mess

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11615 on: Feb 02, 2022, 11:32 AM »
Im happy I started chasing lakers elsewhere. Its been a quiet, peaceful season.

I'm with you man, fished all day Sunday, landed 3 lakers over 30 inches, many in the 28-29 inch range and not one other person in the whole bay I fished. Very peaceful.
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11616 on: Feb 02, 2022, 06:06 PM »
yup. drags been so easy i havent taken my machine out yet. Definitely will be changing now though with a foot of snow coming. Hoping a lot of it blows off the lake so its not a complete mess

It's gonna be a mess. But smooth ice was nice while it lasted.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11617 on: Feb 03, 2022, 06:31 AM »
snow yayyyyy  >:(

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11618 on: Feb 03, 2022, 11:48 AM »
Now let's hope it's less then a foot of snow. Any more then that my quad probably won't make it.

Offline DB123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11619 on: Feb 03, 2022, 02:00 PM »
Should the lake still be safe in most spots tomorrow?

Offline nitro09

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11620 on: Feb 03, 2022, 02:52 PM »
Should the lake still be safe in most spots tomorrow?
dragging your stuff through the snow is tough, but the real problem is not being able to see the ice. Be careful

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11621 on: Feb 03, 2022, 03:12 PM »
dragging your stuff through the snow is tough, but the real problem is not being able to see the ice. Be careful

Very true. When I was there last Saturday there were so many cracks visible it looked like a jigsaw puzzle

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11622 on: Feb 03, 2022, 03:14 PM »
If you are going with a machine I would be very careful if you haven't been exactly where you wanna go. There's cracks all over. I'm only going where I've been and still will be extremely cautious and I'm waiting until sunday.

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11623 on: Feb 04, 2022, 07:15 AM »
Yes cracks they are not ridges but cracks that have opened up. At vets park they were 6 inches wide or better.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Offline senko69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11624 on: Feb 04, 2022, 08:17 AM »
Anyone got a report for ice conditions on main southern basin area between Hearthstone and southern tip of Speaker Heck Island BEFORE the storm hit us?  I keep reading about a lot of pressure cracks forming off Veteran's Park, but have not seen any reports of ice conditions in this area.  Was considering taking my quad off Hearthstone tomorrow and heading up to Speaker Heck.   

Offline NHhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11625 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:07 AM »
 Was fishing out Veterans Park on Wed and there were lots of cracks. Some even opened up a little bit during the day. Can't imagine taking a chance crossing them with a 4 wheeler now that they have several inches of snow covering the ice. Oh by the way I only kept 18 perch and some of those I wasn't too proud of.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11626 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:17 AM »
Cracks?  We are calling ridges cracks now?

Were you out there? They were cracks, not ridges. Are we only coming on the lake george page to talk about how well we're doing on other lakes and how much we don't want to fish lake george anymore? Or just to tonleave your arrogant comments?

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11627 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:20 AM »
Any major cracks on the southern end of the lake near assembly pt or long island?

Offline adkoutdoorsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11628 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:54 AM »
Just went to Hague, had 6-8 inches of slush ice on top. Stepped through the big 3ft wide  pressure ridge, not safe at all. It’s practically open water on that ridge. Gonna be a while before it freezes down. Use caution if you do plan to go there.

JJ

« Reply #11629 on: Feb 04, 2022, 10:49 AM »
13-14" of snow here in my driveway, south end LG, still coming down but light.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11630 on: Feb 04, 2022, 11:07 AM »
Just went to Hague, had 6-8 inches of slush ice on top. Stepped through the big 3ft wide  pressure ridge, not safe at all. It’s practically open water on that ridge. Gonna be a while before it freezes down. Use caution if you do plan to go there.
yikes did you spud around it? not fun

Offline adkoutdoorsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11631 on: Feb 04, 2022, 11:12 AM »
yikes did you spud around it? not fun
Didn’t spud but walked out to the ridge through the slush and put my foot on it and my foot went through the ice. Immediately turned around and went home. It would’ve been miserable fishing in the slush even if I did make it past the ridge.

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #11632 on: Feb 04, 2022, 11:26 AM »
Didn’t spud but walked out to the ridge through the slush and put my foot on it and my foot went through the ice. Immediately turned around and went home. It would’ve been miserable fishing in the slush even if I did make it past the ridge.

ooooof. Not the reports i wanted to read today. Glad nothing happened and you didnt get wet. Hope people are safe this weekend. Looks like itll be sloppy and dangerous with all those ridges opening up

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #11633 on: Feb 04, 2022, 12:31 PM »
Can a brother get a tow to check out some of these legendary LG cracks everyone is all up on arms about?

If you dont mind a couple birds being flipped at some bubblers i can send you a video of the one off vets monday

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11634 on: Feb 04, 2022, 01:37 PM »
Can a brother get a tow to check out some of these legendary LG cracks everyone is all up on arms about?

Man people should really get to your level of intelligence and ice knowledge before they post, how dare they. In my opinion when pressure from ice forming or two sheets being pressed  together and upwards it's pressure ridge, when a sheet splits right through 9 inches of black ice and spreads apart it's a crack.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11635 on: Feb 04, 2022, 03:42 PM »
Thst sounds like my type of fun.

Your inbox is full.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11636 on: Feb 04, 2022, 03:46 PM »
Thst sounds like my type of fun.

Your inbox is full. You wanna correct people.and leave your pompous remarks like a big shot and then when someone comes back at you, you PM them telling them not to be "but hurt"? How about don't feel the need to be such a know it all. Actually add something to the page rather then turn it into the clubhouse it's become.

Offline Bassmaster16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11637 on: Feb 04, 2022, 04:34 PM »
Any word from silver Bay Area?

Offline Jake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11638 on: Feb 04, 2022, 05:42 PM »
don't care what anyone calls them but it's dangerous. one at vets opened wide enough friday we flipped a large jet sled over to use as a bridge to get back. and fishing wasn't even worth it. be careful!

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11639 on: Feb 04, 2022, 06:32 PM »
I just called them cracks because they weren’t raised and there was no gap. Risky none the less.

I’m thinking next time all just post the there was separation of the ice, it wasn’t connected, weird lines going straight down the ice, blah blah blah.

And I wasn’t offended one bit. Just wanted to share what I experienced

Tight lines everyone!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.