New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346848 times)

Offline daytondedrick

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #11160 on: Feb 05, 2021, 08:41 AM »
My guess is milfoil mats

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11161 on: Feb 05, 2021, 09:02 AM »
Looks like some bad exposure or something since the outlines correspond to the buildings to the SE on the island.
This could be spot on it’s definitely not a sunken town I don’t know exactly what it is but it doesn’t come up on my satellite imaging that I use

Offline urrkel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11162 on: Feb 05, 2021, 11:10 AM »
I walked past that Monday.  That spot usually has broken ice/ridges.
that is a reflection or shadow of the  buildings on shore under the text that says"lake george kayak co"

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11163 on: Feb 05, 2021, 11:37 AM »
Another pretty good limit today they were on fire this morning.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11164 on: Feb 05, 2021, 01:59 PM »
I am hearing lot of negative reports on Vets park on another site.  I never cared much for sawmill bay as it is hit or miss. I am hoping to walk past all that water this winter and get out into northwest bay and fish the ledges. Has anyone ventured out that far or is it still open? I love hearing guys complaining about all the dink perch in George.. ;)

Thats where my picture is from and unless you are used to very variable ice and can spud every step out there...avoid it.

Offline Adkslabslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11165 on: Feb 05, 2021, 03:38 PM »
Anyone have a ice report for million dollar beach any info would be greatly appreciated

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11166 on: Feb 05, 2021, 03:53 PM »
Anyone have a ice report for million dollar beach any info would be greatly appreciated

Go back a page or 2.

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11167 on: Feb 05, 2021, 04:58 PM »
Thats where my picture is from and unless you are used to very variable ice and can spud every step out there...avoid it.
Thanks for the update. It s one of my favorite spots ever but I am not comfortable with that at all. I will hit toga for some big gills and hope the king makes more ice. Tight lines!
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11168 on: Feb 05, 2021, 05:59 PM »
Thanks for the update. It s one of my favorite spots ever but I am not comfortable with that at all. I will hit toga for some big gills and hope the king makes more ice. Tight lines!

Thats the safe bet.  I'm a bit more dense then most so I don't mind the thin stuff. I did see some decent perch on the reef with livescope but they were not what I was after.

Offline DerekF_17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11169 on: Feb 05, 2021, 07:28 PM »
Appreciate the intel on the ice near vets being iffy. I too am not a fan of wondering if my next step is going to leave me wet so fine finding thicker ice at the expense of fish.

I hear a lot of guys talk about fishing Huddle Bay but not seeing any obvious place to park/access. Am I missing something obvious? Is Huddle Bay Road a public spot?

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11170 on: Feb 06, 2021, 09:15 AM »
Lot of people out there and a lot of open spots... even money on somebody going swimming today...great fishing lake but never trust it....

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #11171 on: Feb 06, 2021, 10:38 AM »
MDB was really the only safe access for deeper waters.

I was out over 1.4 miles off the beach and i had 7 inches of good ice.

I saw a gate open to hearthstone but didnt notice any cars parked up top.

This was 2 days ago.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline SeanyD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11172 on: Feb 06, 2021, 12:30 PM »

If this was you yesterday. I was in a white truck. How many inches out there. I always go a bit east of where you were.

Offline SeanyD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11173 on: Feb 06, 2021, 12:31 PM »

Offline butch76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11174 on: Feb 06, 2021, 02:45 PM »
Was at the village north of the steamboats and had about 5-6 inches there but there are some thin spots with less than 2 inches. People walking all over.

Offline icecaptain14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11175 on: Feb 06, 2021, 06:31 PM »
Anyone have a report on hulletts landing if machines are usable in the narrows

Offline icebuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11176 on: Feb 06, 2021, 07:03 PM »
Anyone been to Hearthstone? Any updates on ice, the hill or the bite would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellow Iceshantyers!

Drove down in there today with the wife's little truck, nearly a mistake. Many anglers out there. A few I talked to said 6-8 inches of ice.  They said the bite was slow. At least 20-30 vehicles around the campground, many parked up high as the hill just before you get to the beach is slick, so be careful if you go down there.

Offline adkoutdoorsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11177 on: Feb 06, 2021, 07:13 PM »
Does anybody have a link to the webcam in Hague?

Offline icecaptain14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11178 on: Feb 06, 2021, 08:34 PM »
Does anybody have a link to the webcam in Hague?

What do you want to know its wide open from arcady Bay north to friends island then its frozen again wide open from forest bay north

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11179 on: Feb 07, 2021, 07:23 AM »
What do you want to know its wide open from arcady Bay north to friends island then its frozen again wide open from forest bay north
Was just going to say this wide open off Hague beach bring the swim trunks

Offline adkoutdoorsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11180 on: Feb 07, 2021, 10:34 AM »
Was just going to say this wide open off Hague beach bring the swim trunks
Thanks for the update. I haven’t fished it in two years and I’m itching to get out on it but oh well.

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11181 on: Feb 07, 2021, 01:09 PM »
So when I leave fish 307 and head to MLB, where is a good bet for breakfast ?   I like to eat

Offline grandpa jack

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #11182 on: Feb 07, 2021, 03:35 PM »
How was the perch bite on Cotton Pt. On Sunday. The bite was not good at Huddle for me or anyone I talked to. I saw a lot of people out getting exercise dragging their sleds but no fish action.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #11183 on: Feb 07, 2021, 04:22 PM »
Drove down in there today with the wife's little truck, nearly a mistake. Many anglers out there. A few I talked to said 6-8 inches of ice.  They said the bite was slow. At least 20-30 vehicles around the campground, many parked up high as the hill just before you get to the beach is slick, so be careful if you go down there.

I remember a time when all the roads in Hearthstone were plowed and sanded in the winter.  :-\
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline pikeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11184 on: Feb 07, 2021, 05:50 PM »
They had it temporarily closed at one point from ppl getting stuck this year. Hopefully a load of sand gets put down eventually.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11185 on: Feb 08, 2021, 07:51 AM »
I remember a time when all the roads in Hearthstone were plowed and sanded in the winter.  :-\

If I had the means I'd do it for the greater good.  I've heard some nasty wrecks from people hitting trees while I'm getting my gear together.  Don't want that for anyone.  That said I know a ton of local guys have plows...wonder why they don't lend a hand.

Offline adksmitty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11186 on: Feb 08, 2021, 08:58 AM »
How was the perch bite on Cotton Pt. On Sunday. The bite was not good at Huddle for me or anyone I talked to. I saw a lot of people out getting exercise dragging their sleds but no fish action.

The perch bite was slow as well at vet'. People we talked to, said the same , and there was a full parking lot too. Even the people that had tip up out, was not chasing.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11187 on: Feb 08, 2021, 09:11 AM »
If I had the means I'd do it for the greater good.  I've heard some nasty wrecks from people hitting trees while I'm getting my gear together.  Don't want that for anyone.  That said I know a ton of local guys have plows...wonder why they don't lend a hand.

..... because they legally can’t. Only a state plow, can legally plow state land. It’s a huge liability if a home owner or small business owner plows state property. You can go there with a shovel and start shoveling away, but you can not put a plow on it.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11188 on: Feb 08, 2021, 12:02 PM »
..... because they legally can’t. Only a state plow, can legally plow state land. It’s a huge liability if a home owner or small business owner plows state property. You can go there with a shovel and start shoveling away, but you can not put a plow on it.

Ugh I should have put a disclaimer about that in my last post.  Laws aside.  I knew someone would bring up the law....wasn't my point but thanks for stating the painfully obvious.  Also NY was (and maybe this has since changed) one of the few states where you could drop your plow on a public road....again wasn't the point of my post.  I'm not sure the plowing police would get anyone for lending a hand.  In the meantime I'll just listen to more trucks hit the trees.

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11189 on: Feb 08, 2021, 12:08 PM »
not the police.... the guy with the lawyer willing to sue anyone for anything....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.