New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346683 times)

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #10440 on: Jan 20, 2020, 05:13 AM »
https://www.syracuse.com/state/2017/11/hiker_pleads_guilty_for_using_drone_in_high_peaks_wilderness.html

From the article Jon posted, clearly states a drone cannot be “launched” from land classified “Wilderness Area”. Hate to admit, throttle is good to go.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10441 on: Jan 20, 2020, 05:54 AM »
From the article Jon posted, clearly states a drone cannot be “launched” from land classified “Wilderness Area”. Hate to admit, throttle is good to go.

If he makes money from his channel, even a dollar he needs a remote pilot certificate to legally operate that drone.

Offline youngster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EAT OR BE EATEN
« Reply #10442 on: Jan 20, 2020, 06:39 AM »
best ice report ive seen lately,,, {,although  no ice uuugghhh)  cant argue wether safe or not,,,        lol no words  needed
youngster

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10443 on: Jan 20, 2020, 07:07 AM »
What’s the condition so far on huddle?

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10444 on: Jan 20, 2020, 07:43 AM »
Looks pretty wet.

Nice picture. A date of when it was taken would be helpful for those looking at it....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10445 on: Jan 20, 2020, 08:20 AM »
If he makes money from his channel, even a dollar he needs a remote pilot certificate to legally operate that drone.

Did not know that Jon.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10446 on: Jan 20, 2020, 08:27 AM »
Nice picture. A date of when it was taken would be helpful for those looking at it....h2l

I didn’t take the picture.  Someone else was flying a drone without written permission lol. Yesterday morning just afternoon the snow fall.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10447 on: Jan 20, 2020, 08:59 AM »

I hate to admit , but we strictly make the video for fun and your viewing pleasure. You guys are putting a lot of effort into this to just to strike out.  Please don’t complain about our freedom.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10448 on: Jan 20, 2020, 09:22 AM »
Bill we were wrong.  RJ was right:

https://parks.ny.gov/inside-our-agency/documents/GuidancePolicies/RegulatingUnmannedAircraftSystemsDronesModelAirplanesQuadCopters.pdf

The launch, landing, and operation of UAS is allowed in state parks and historic sites only with prior written approval by the agency through a permit authorizing the specific time, location and type of use. OPRHP retains sole discretion to determine whether to approve or deny requests to launch an Unmanned Aircraft System. The detailed criteria OPRHP will use in determining whether to issue a permit are provided below, and conditions are provided in the attached sample permit. Any launch or operation of a UAS that has not received prior approval from OPRHP through issuance of a written permit is prohibited. OPRHP will actively enforce this procedure and other relevant agency statutes, regulations, and guidelines.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10449 on: Jan 20, 2020, 09:30 AM »
Bill we were wrong.  RJ was right:

https://parks.ny.gov/inside-our-agency/documents/GuidancePolicies/RegulatingUnmannedAircraftSystemsDronesModelAirplanesQuadCopters.pdf

The launch, landing, and operation of UAS is allowed in state parks and historic sites only with prior written approval by the agency through a permit authorizing the specific time, location and type of use. OPRHP retains sole discretion to determine whether to approve or deny requests to launch an Unmanned Aircraft System. The detailed criteria OPRHP will use in determining whether to issue a permit are provided below, and conditions are provided in the attached sample permit. Any launch or operation of a UAS that has not received prior approval from OPRHP through issuance of a written permit is prohibited. OPRHP will actively enforce this procedure and other relevant agency statutes, regulations, and guidelines.

That’s also not correct for the adk state park.  Here’s a picture of the no fly zones near lake George.  Believe it or not drones are pretty smart and will warn you if your in a no fly zone.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10450 on: Jan 20, 2020, 09:36 AM »
I am reaching out to OPRHP for more detail and specifics on drone use at Lake George...

Offline Swinginhammers_and_fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10451 on: Jan 20, 2020, 09:40 AM »
What’s the condition so far on huddle?
I poked around on the Algonquin web cam and it looks like parts definitely have ice setting up where the wind couldn’t get to it.  With some windless cold nights it stands to only improve but the deep cold that was forecasted a week ago looks to have moderated to a more seasonal pattern of highs in the 30’s and lows in the teens for the next couple of weeks.

I’m interested in learning if those prior years where LG didn’t 100% freeze-were bays like huddle still fishable for a time?

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10452 on: Jan 20, 2020, 09:54 AM »
I am reaching out to OPRHP for more detail and specifics on drone use at Lake George...

Lol. I like how desperate you are to be a hater. Really shows character.

https://www.adirondackcouncil.org/page/where-can-you-fly-a-drone-in-the-adirondack-park-305.html

JJ

« Reply #10453 on: Jan 20, 2020, 10:03 AM »
I poked around on the Algonquin web cam and it looks like parts definitely have ice setting up where the wind couldn’t get to it.  With some windless cold nights it stands to only improve but the deep cold that was forecasted a week ago looks to have moderated to a more seasonal pattern of highs in the 30’s and lows in the teens for the next couple of weeks.

I’m interested in learning if those prior years where LG didn’t 100% freeze-were bays like huddle still fishable for a time?

This year looks like an incremental freeze, in sections, starting with the bays but may never get to the deep water with the temperatures forecast that you mentioned.

Huddle is often fished first, will probably see someone out there the next few days? Then Harris, Basin, down by the Village. Most of the snow ice that had formed in the south end was taken out last night.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10454 on: Jan 20, 2020, 10:06 AM »
Holy crap guys, drop this drone crap. I feel like I’m reading a recorded conversation with my 4 year old.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10455 on: Jan 20, 2020, 10:10 AM »

We were on huddle last year with the rest of that main lake area open. However the area I like to fish is pretty far out in huddle and I doubt ice has formed out that far yet.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10456 on: Jan 20, 2020, 10:15 AM »
Cold temps are rolling in. Hopefully the bays freeze up soon. Just looks like skim ice in some of the small bays.

Offline sjord89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get reel
« Reply #10457 on: Jan 20, 2020, 10:22 AM »
Here comes the millennial cancel culture crybaby bs
If you drill it, they will come...

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10458 on: Jan 20, 2020, 10:53 AM »

Lol. I like how desperate you are to be a hater. Really shows character.

https://www.adirondackcouncil.org/page/where-can-you-fly-a-drone-in-the-adirondack-park-305.html

Not a hater at all.  Fly your drone wherever you like.  I like to understand the regs...if that makes me a hater then by all means...

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10459 on: Jan 20, 2020, 10:56 AM »
Frustrating winter... to have such a cold Fall and still be sitting here in late January no hope in sight. Ugh.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10460 on: Jan 20, 2020, 12:09 PM »
Frustrating winter... to have such a cold Fall and still be sitting here in late January no hope in sight. Ugh.

I think there's hope for tonight …. below zero with the wind dropping...   but I've called an optimist before so I may be disappointed. If it happens then there's enough cold in the forecast to lock it up and build a couple of inches.

Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10461 on: Jan 20, 2020, 12:52 PM »
Had some ice on Saturday Morning but it didn't last too long.

Currently

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10462 on: Jan 20, 2020, 06:16 PM »
This year looks like an incremental freeze, in sections, starting with the bays but may never get to the deep water with the temperatures forecast that you mentioned.

Huddle is often fished first, will probably see someone out there the next few days? Then Harris, Basin, down by the Village. Most of the snow ice that had formed in the south end was taken out last night.
I think this is an accurate estimate as of now.
Will just need to keep an eye on the webcams for the next few days and see where we’re at-and hope that the forecast changes for the colder in the coming weeks

Offline Fishmarket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10463 on: Jan 20, 2020, 07:19 PM »
Tonight is the night to make something happen
AM

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10464 on: Jan 20, 2020, 09:10 PM »
I bet some of you guys are a lot of fun at parties.  ::)
Sometimes ya gotta push the sheep through the fence

Offline bake4790

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10465 on: Jan 21, 2020, 08:41 AM »
Feels a little like Christmas today, see everyone out there!

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10466 on: Jan 21, 2020, 08:56 AM »
Feels a little like Christmas today, see everyone out there!
Joy to the world the king has skim glory be the day!!!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10467 on: Jan 21, 2020, 09:36 AM »
Looks promising on the cams, however I didn’t spot anyone out there.
Where’d you see people out?

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10468 on: Jan 21, 2020, 09:39 AM »
Did the majority of the lake freeze last night?

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10469 on: Jan 21, 2020, 09:53 AM »
I checked at 7 this morning and North End was wide open but since then she's settled down and it looks like she's trying to skim.

1:00pm Update Wide Open.  >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.