New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346651 times)

Offline Elmer Fudd

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #10020 on: Mar 07, 2019, 01:10 PM »
Nice one, congrats.  Jigging or tip-up?
jigging a keitech it chased it up about 50 feet and slammed it.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10021 on: Mar 07, 2019, 01:11 PM »
knew that was coming, posting that picture was like back handing low lol maybe you can have low over and he can take a picture with it.

He asked for the picture.

It’s hanging below my 10lb 6oz bass replica  :P

I need a pike replica now.

Offline touge30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10022 on: Mar 07, 2019, 01:24 PM »
Season coming to an end,but i just bought a dozen pike minnows from ross in amsterdam.Best looking bait ive gotten in years!

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10023 on: Mar 07, 2019, 02:32 PM »
All the Bait in Lake George And surrounding area comes from the same place, Hog Island in Northern Vt.

I'd disagree.  We have a bait wholesaler here in western MA, Granby Bait, that distributes a good amount of bait to the area.  Allows me to get bait the night before and get to the lake as early as possible.  Get a certified stamp receipt on the way out and I'm good to go.

I was getting hits on small red rosy shiners, usually used for salmon out on quabbin.
westernmas on the finder

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #10024 on: Mar 07, 2019, 03:12 PM »
Seems to be more than enough nice fish on george to go around this year

Offline touge30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10025 on: Mar 07, 2019, 04:01 PM »
you guys amaze me wish i was younger i would be haunting you but i cant the cold anymore.Enjoy

Offline touge30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10026 on: Mar 07, 2019, 04:17 PM »
gonna give it a try for pike tomorrow. gonna be warmer i hope.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10027 on: Mar 07, 2019, 04:58 PM »
you guys amaze me wish i was younger i would be haunting you but i cant the cold anymore.Enjoy

Cold?....   i walk out, drill two holes and turn the heater on and fish in a sweatshirt 😎
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10028 on: Mar 07, 2019, 05:14 PM »
Cold?....   i walk out, drill two holes and turn the heater on and fish in a sweatshirt 😎

Agreed,  then I get lazy and never move.
Probably why I don't catch any

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10029 on: Mar 07, 2019, 05:28 PM »
Agreed,  then I get lazy and never move.
Probably why I don't catch any

Or you’re drilling those two holes in the wrong spot. I’m a creature of habit and fish the same 3 or 4 gps marks and they seem to pay off. Most are a mile plus walk but I enjoy it. Just sent you a text I’m gonna blow off George this weekend and try for pannies
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10030 on: Mar 07, 2019, 06:09 PM »
He can take a kid fishing, fix small engines, but reading comprehension still alludes him apparently.

Were all friends here, now  ;D

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10031 on: Mar 07, 2019, 06:16 PM »
Lows still got hurt feelings about that mount. You’ll get one some day low. Keep jigging lol

Offline Jlay_upstateny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10032 on: Mar 07, 2019, 06:51 PM »

Big one is right there.

And every day on my way out of the garage it’s a good reminder why I don’t need to laker fish anymore  ;D ;D

SS.... Dimensions on that laker?
Hunting trouts.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10033 on: Mar 07, 2019, 06:59 PM »

Lol I definitely don’t have hurt feelings about a mount. I think I’ve made that more then clear. I don’t even think that fish would fit in your accord, you might have to throw that back seat down. I can tell your feelings are truly hurt. You can’t help yourself from making childish blows.I can handle it tho , doesn’t mean much coming from you.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10034 on: Mar 07, 2019, 07:35 PM »
Yes so much I asked him to see the pic again. Why are you struggling to understand this lmao?

Lol wow. Really had to take the time to think about that response, and 2 post deletes . I’m not having a hard time with anything. Was just busting on you a little. Didn’t realize you were so sensitive.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10035 on: Mar 07, 2019, 07:49 PM »
SS.... Dimensions on that laker?

I never weighed it or took a girth measurement. She is 39” long. Was 40” when caught but by the time you get a skin mount back they are usually 1-2” shorter. That’s another reason to go with a replica mount now.

Offline icebuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10036 on: Mar 08, 2019, 06:07 AM »
I never weighed it or took a girth measurement. She is 39” long. Was 40” when caught but by the time you get a skin mount back they are usually 1-2” shorter. That’s another reason to go with a replica mount now.

If you really want a replica, check this guy out in Maine:
http://www.genebahr.com/the-artist.html

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10037 on: Mar 08, 2019, 06:55 AM »
That guy does amazing work for sure. I have a guy in Syracuse tho.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10038 on: Mar 08, 2019, 08:18 AM »
I feel like that’s a lot of money for plastic  fish that’s air brushed. $3-5000 for a good size fish is pretty pricey.  I can see the labor of a skin mount. You would think a replica would be much cheaper.

Offline Fishmongerlyndon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10039 on: Mar 08, 2019, 08:30 AM »
I feel like that’s a lot of money for plastic  fish that’s air brushed. $3-5000 for a good size fish is pretty pricey.  I can see the labor of a skin mount. You would think a replica would be much cheaper.

a fiberglass mount usually is cheaper or around the same, this guy hand carves all of his replicas out of wood, hence the large price tag

Offline WHITETAIL111

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10040 on: Mar 08, 2019, 11:30 AM »
Seems to be more than enough nice fish on george to go around this year

Nice fish Red!!
That taxidermy man back home gonna have a heart attack when he see what I bring'em!!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10041 on: Mar 08, 2019, 12:35 PM »
That guy does amazing work for sure. I have a guy in Syracuse tho.
[/quote)
May I ask who does your work in Syracuse ?

Offline DerekF_17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10042 on: Mar 08, 2019, 02:28 PM »
Might try Pilot Knob for the first time tomorrow.  How early would you expect the parking spaces to fill up? Looking at Google Maps, it looks like maybe only 10-20 cars could get in there.

What are the conditions like there now? I haven't been monitoring the weather, so not sure how much snow/ice to expect

Thanks,
Derek

Offline Swinginhammers_and_fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10043 on: Mar 08, 2019, 05:06 PM »
I’m going either way, but just out of curiosity...does there seem to be an afternoon bite for perch in the bays?  I’ve only ever fished mornings and it’s hot and heavy until like 11 and slowly seems to taper off and all but shutdown by like 1.  I’m eyeballing huddle tomorrow

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10044 on: Mar 08, 2019, 05:15 PM »
Might try Pilot Knob for the first time tomorrow.  How early would you expect the parking spaces to fill up? Looking at Google Maps, it looks like maybe only 10-20 cars could get in there.

What are the conditions like there now? I haven't been monitoring the weather, so not sure how much snow/ice to expect

Thanks,
Derek

I would get their 5:15-5:30.  Parking lot fits about 8 vehicles.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10045 on: Mar 08, 2019, 05:36 PM »
I’m going either way, but just out of curiosity...does there seem to be an afternoon bite for perch in the bays?  I’ve only ever fished mornings and it’s hot and heavy until like 11 and slowly seems to taper off and all but shutdown by like 1.  I’m eyeballing huddle tomorrow

The perch bite did snow down after noon. Then picked back up around 3 full force

Offline Swinginhammers_and_fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10046 on: Mar 08, 2019, 06:18 PM »

The perch bite did snow down after noon. Then picked back up around 3 full force

That’s what I was envisioning it would be like but wasn’t sure...thanks for the reply FT

Offline Jake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10047 on: Mar 08, 2019, 07:07 PM »
That’s what I was envisioning it would be like but wasn’t sure...thanks for the reply FT

I found mid morning bite to be very slow today with my usual rigs not very aggressive,  was marking a bunch then 11-1 I crushed them on fatheads in one hole hali in the hole right next to it, easy limit and released as many, 30fow

Offline jigshimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10048 on: Mar 08, 2019, 09:26 PM »

I think there definitely is an afternoon bite. Also tend to get bigger fish just before it ends. Unfortunately looks like the trout have moved back into Huddle Bay. I got a just legal one on first drop Tuesday and for next couple hours it was tough to get perch to rise off bottom. The access ice bridge is getting eaten away by warm water from the bubblers

Offline Fishmarket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10049 on: Mar 08, 2019, 10:41 PM »
I think I'm going to give my farewell to LG for the season.  Work this week then headed to myrtle beach Friday for a week.  Its been fun, its been humbling, and its been an adventure.  If I don't see you again till next ice... thank you LG

AM

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.