New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346769 times)

Offline hookman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #9960 on: Mar 04, 2019, 02:57 PM »
Full Throttle
I never post on this but I had too after reading this..
 I'm one of the guys that drove over on ATV before we left for the day....Don't listen to any harassment about keeping fish..  If you buy fishing  license play by the rules there is no issue with keeping your limit.. Lake George has billions of perch in it billions.(also billions of red ears) Us ice fisherman don't even put a dent in it...Also don't tell any one about the secret jig I mentioned. Hope you and kid enjoy every minute out there..

Offline got em

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9961 on: Mar 04, 2019, 03:13 PM »
 ;) Great job full throttle. . Good eats right there. .

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9962 on: Mar 04, 2019, 03:18 PM »
Full Throttle
I never post on this but I had too after reading this..
 I'm one of the guys that drove over on ATV before we left for the day....Don't listen to any harassment about keeping fish..  If you buy fishing  license play by the rules there is no issue with keeping your limit.. Lake George has billions of perch in it billions.(also billions of red ears) Us ice fisherman don't even put a dent in it...Also don't tell any one about the secret jig I mentioned. Hope you and kid enjoy every minute out there..

Thanks man. I don’t give up other people’s secrets just my own! After you guys packed up like 6 guys ran to your spot lol. I don’t think they had any luck tho ! Thanks for tip and info on the fish. I didn’t even know sunfish was an option in the lake.

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9963 on: Mar 04, 2019, 04:21 PM »
Those are pumpkinseeds not red ears.

https://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/94656.html

Offline skunkman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fur Trapper
« Reply #9964 on: Mar 04, 2019, 04:33 PM »
I do not believe that you can over fish the perch in Lake George. I believe the 50 fish limit is more than reasonable, but I have a lot of heartburn with those that take their limit and return the same day for more. Remember when some would take burlap bags full of smelt in the spring? Also the slobs that leave junk on the ice or throw unwanted fish on the ice instead of returning them to the lake. As for me I only keep what I intend to eat.
Lookin for woman that owns boat, motor, and can clean fish. Send picture of boat and motor.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9965 on: Mar 04, 2019, 08:06 PM »
Nailed it.

Offline icehouserlt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9966 on: Mar 04, 2019, 08:16 PM »
How's the ice out of hague. Plan on taking wife for a day of laker huntin? How much snow on the ice?. Any info greatly appreciated

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9967 on: Mar 04, 2019, 09:24 PM »
Thats a happy kid right there. 

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9968 on: Mar 05, 2019, 04:50 AM »
Nailed it.

He catches all those fish and you make him drink out of a paper cup?😜
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9969 on: Mar 05, 2019, 06:18 AM »

My thoughts were what's up with the diet Pepsi.  Who eats fried fish without beer, lpl.

Looks delicious FT

Fishmon

« Reply #9970 on: Mar 05, 2019, 06:19 AM »
How's the ice out of hague. Plan on taking wife for a day of laker huntin? How much snow on the ice?. Any info greatly appreciated

Ice is mostly 12-14 inches thick with about 2-3 inches of crusty snow on top.  Easy walking.  Ice is piled up on Hague beach so pick your spots for getting on ice.  I pick axed an opening for sleds and ATVs a few days ago.

Offline ESOX FIX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9971 on: Mar 05, 2019, 06:50 AM »
now thats a fish fry. hats off to ya f.t. you got a fishing buddy for life.

Offline icebuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9972 on: Mar 05, 2019, 07:17 AM »
If anyone actually knew the number of perch in lake George it would make your eyes probably bug out of your skull. It’s insane how many are in there.

'Had a talk with an R5 biologist a few weeks ago. They haven't examined Lake George perch in a while. But, as others on this post have stated, he surmised that the reason for so many smaller perch is overpopulation.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9973 on: Mar 05, 2019, 07:28 AM »

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9974 on: Mar 05, 2019, 08:18 AM »

There's nothing epic about doing dishes.... ;D

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9975 on: Mar 05, 2019, 08:31 AM »
My thoughts were what's up with the diet Pepsi.  Who eats fried fish without beer, lpl.

Looks delicious FT

Lol that’s just a plastic cup. For some reason he doesn’t like glass cups. The Diet Pepsi is for my mother-in-law, she. She can’t have can’t drink alcohol because she had to have a kidney removed . That’s my father with Rowan. We polished off 1/2 of the fish we harvested. Fish was great.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9976 on: Mar 05, 2019, 09:06 AM »
See you only needed 30 then!
All kidding aside, seems like a perfect ending to a great fishing trip
Looking forward to the video

Offline WHITETAIL111

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9977 on: Mar 05, 2019, 09:22 AM »
That's awesome.   One heck of a spread there!  Congrats on a great fishing trip!
That taxidermy man back home gonna have a heart attack when he see what I bring'em!!

Offline icehouserlt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9978 on: Mar 05, 2019, 02:26 PM »
was wondering where the easiest place to get on in lake george with easy access to deep water. the wife not a big fan of walking miles out on the lake. so being the gentleman that i am i promised her it wouldnt be to long of a walk. im staying at the howard johnsons. any info would be great!!! fishing with the wife better than no trip at all

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9979 on: Mar 05, 2019, 03:28 PM »
was wondering where the easiest place to get on in lake george with easy access to deep water. the wife not a big fan of walking miles out on the lake. so being the gentleman that i am i promised her it wouldnt be to long of a walk. im staying at the howard johnsons. any info would be great!!! fishing with the wife better than no trip at all
Probably harthstone campground or Rogers rock campground

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9980 on: Mar 05, 2019, 04:21 PM »
so...how's the fishing?
Fished dawn to dusk on Sunday below dome and got a big SKUNK!
had lots of lookers and some short hits but nothing committed or hooked up. It was a frustrating day, especially when I could get them to chase the bait 50 feet up the water column. Must have tried close to a dozen different lures. I know things change after they have been schooled , but I hiked out far and very few if any holes out there. Still a great day to be out.
Any suggestions via pm would be greatly appreciated.
Best part..guy comes flying up next to me on a wheeler...drills a hole 15 feet from me while we bs..landed a 15" laker in less than a minute....too funny!  ???
word of caution...lots of ice on the lake, but the popular access was close to be shot from all the traffic

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9981 on: Mar 05, 2019, 04:39 PM »
Lake George has not been good to me at all this year for Lakers.
Given I've only put 2 12 hr days in there , I've yet to put one on ice there as opposed to other lakes.
I'm ok with it , I've marked many and lost a few but yes it's a frustrating experience.
My plan moving forward this season is to pillage all the local below the blue line panfish waters I can before they disappear then once again do the 120 mile one way northern trips when the weather is fantastic , the ice is nice and people are putting their gear away.

I tore down the ice wall last week and pretty much on track to finish on another 20 plus week season

Good luck

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9982 on: Mar 05, 2019, 04:55 PM »
To the gentleman/sportsman/angel on the red atv that gave me a tow in today at vets idk if you’re on here but thank you again !

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9983 on: Mar 05, 2019, 05:07 PM »
I fished Rogers Rock today from daybreak until 3:30 Landed 3 fish under 20”. Had a few lookers, a few that chased hard but still wouldn’t bite. Tried all the go to baits. So frustrating haha! I was basically the only one there  today except for two guys came out and fished for about an hour. Very slowwwww...bite up there ::). Still a Nice day to be out. Lots of ice up there. If headed that way, don’t forget about the detour. Think I’ll fish out of hearthstone tomorrow.

Offline BigFoot95

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9984 on: Mar 05, 2019, 05:10 PM »

I fished out of hearthstone campground last weekend we marked fish and had a few hits about 60 yards out from the access path and walked about a half mile to where we caught 9 Lakers in a day and a half.

Offline Ziehnertfish007

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9985 on: Mar 05, 2019, 05:57 PM »
For me the fishing went from extremely hot and then it slowed down majorly in the last week. Was catching consistent double digits every day out then the next few days past could only get short strikes and just not marking same amount of fish. Not sure if the bait moved or the patterns changed. Landed one 27’’ on a cisco, other than that very slow.

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9986 on: Mar 05, 2019, 06:24 PM »
It happens every year during the doldrums. The second half of the season gets quite a bit more challenging. Change your programs to raise your percentages.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9987 on: Mar 05, 2019, 08:40 PM »
It happens every year during the doldrums. The second half of the season gets quite a bit more challenging. Change your programs to raise your percentages.

Terry...I changed my program to a very large lake and now I am struggling.  Not only is the lake constantly trying to eat me, but it loves to show all the lakers that apparently don't eat.  Please advise.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9988 on: Mar 05, 2019, 08:48 PM »
The big pike are currently eating.  ;D. 10 more days until season closes.

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9989 on: Mar 05, 2019, 08:49 PM »
Terry...I changed my program to a very large lake and now I am struggling.  Not only is the lake constantly trying to eat me, but it loves to show all the lakers that apparently don't eat.  Please advise.

I was speaking to Lake George. Every lake is its own animal. I know you've seen that already fishing the bigger Lake. Those fish act almost completely different to the ones on Lake George. Apples and oranges my friend

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.