New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346728 times)

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #9780 on: Feb 22, 2019, 08:38 AM »
Well SAID! That's why I don't go there.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9781 on: Feb 22, 2019, 08:42 AM »
Basshunter the two issues are interconnected.  The antis would be worse there with an increase of people fishing. So blowing up a spot posting a salmon wouldn't help that situation.

Offline pikemanEd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9782 on: Feb 22, 2019, 08:43 AM »
Wind forecasts are never to be trusted Ed.  RJ nice to hear.  Thst fishery has improved over the past few years from what ive noticed.

Ya I know could be not as bad or could be worse. Only good thing it will be a west wind and as we all know the lake runs north south . But at the same time the wind downsloping the mountains could make it accelerate
Go big or go home

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9783 on: Feb 22, 2019, 09:35 AM »
Anybody else think the lakers look too skinny?  I caught one 24" the other day that was pike shaped and a lot of the pictures I see here the fish seem to be somewhat emaciated.  Not enough forage???

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9784 on: Feb 22, 2019, 10:00 AM »
Some Lakers are fat and some are skinny! I like the fat ones lol

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9785 on: Feb 22, 2019, 10:05 AM »
I've caught about 40 , and only a couple looked real skinny, but they were only 17-18 inch fish.

Offline perchinmybucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9786 on: Feb 22, 2019, 11:04 AM »
Basshunter the two issues are interconnected.  The antis would be worse there with an increase of people fishing. So blowing up a spot posting a salmon wouldn't help that situation.

No one said they had to give up a spot where they caught a salmon. Like bass hunter said the lake is 32 miles long. The big issue is people trashing access points. There’s already a million people that fish the lake and if someone posted a picture of a salmon on here it would not draw anymore people then it already does. Schroon Lake has better salmon fishing then lake George hands down. I just find it funny that guys post up how many lakers they got in a day (10,15,25) and talk about how amazing the bite was and that’s been completely fine. If that doesn’t draw more attention to a lake then I don’t know what does. 1 picture of a salmon here or there is not a big deal at all. How about the guy that caught the giant salmon a couple years ago. That picture was plastered everywhere. Looks the same to me at vets park as it did 10 years ago....

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9787 on: Feb 22, 2019, 11:23 AM »
I think we have a valid argument on both sides. 

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9788 on: Feb 22, 2019, 11:42 AM »
Lake George is maxed out on parking every weekend. That’s why I only go during the week now. Nothing like having the lake to yourself !

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #9789 on: Feb 22, 2019, 11:50 AM »
Lake George is maxed out on parking every weekend. That’s why I only go during the week now. Nothing like having the lake to yourself !

still plenty of room to have the lake to yourself on the weekends too.  Just gotta cover some ground, hit the untouched areas.   Hell, fontana19 and I destroyed the lakers walking on from public access two saturdays ago, and never saw another angler all damn day long.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9790 on: Feb 22, 2019, 11:54 AM »
Yeah I’ve done that also.  My Cummins and 14 foot trailer take up some parking. Sucks searching for a parking sport at 6 am lol. I normally park at million dollar beach and run down the lake from that point. I made it out to the flats last year a couple times. I don’t mind a long atv ride.

Offline basshunter12748

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9791 on: Feb 22, 2019, 11:58 AM »
Lake George gets maxed out on parking though not because there are too many fisherman but more so because fisherman are not wanted by the towns and lake homeowners.  Lake George is basically a 32 mile private lake just noone told us haha

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9792 on: Feb 22, 2019, 11:58 AM »
Parking is a circus but a red said, it's a big lake to be on solitude unless drones are flying,  lpl.
Really ice fishing is pretty confined anyway unlike any other type I know

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9793 on: Feb 22, 2019, 12:00 PM »
I had the drone out this week. I’ll probably post the video tonight lol

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9794 on: Feb 22, 2019, 12:18 PM »
I like being spoiled. Maybe I'll play it on big screen while I'm cutting fish.
At least put some good music to them

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9795 on: Feb 22, 2019, 12:24 PM »
Yeah I always use dope beats in the videos.  Mixed the music up a little this time. People don’t realize that you have to buy the license to the music to have it on a YouTube video. That’s why i never use songs that you would hear on the radio. YouTube can pull your video.

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9796 on: Feb 22, 2019, 01:38 PM »
Or play your own.
Dope is for dopes.
You only need licensing if you're self promotion.
Just play dead

Offline Fishmarket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9797 on: Feb 22, 2019, 02:24 PM »
It doesnt hurt to talk to some private landowners in the summer and offer some assistance on property upkeep in exchange for access during the winter.  Its workerd for me.  You have to put in some work but isnt that part of fishing?
AM

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9798 on: Feb 22, 2019, 02:41 PM »
Access on lake George is way bigger issue than overfishing.  Its a 32 mile long lake and most guys can only get on with there is ice.  Million dollar beach is an embarrassment,  about 15 boat and trailer spots and the rest is beach parking, plus the aggravation of enduring the ridiculous boat inspection and 20 dollars plus permit to launch.  Go to one of the private launches and expect to break out at least 70+ just to get on the water.   Once out there don't go within 30 yards of anyones precious dock or you get chewed out.  I got yelled at last year for using my powerpoles (no anchoring).  Tournaments have been effectively banned as boats and trailers from tourney guys have been targeted for tickets and it has made clear they are not welcome.  But yah the big issue is someone posting a salmon will blow it up haha c'mon

Exactly why I don’t waste my time bass fishing there...  besides, Champlain is down the road along with a whole chain of phenomenal bass lakes.

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9799 on: Feb 22, 2019, 05:52 PM »
Yeah I always use dope beats in the videos.  Mixed the music up a little this time. People don’t realize that you have to buy the license to the music to have it on a YouTube video. That’s why i never use songs that you would hear on the radio. YouTube can pull your video.

You mean to say this old tune can't be played today on your channel.
Scoff.

Offline DerekF_17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9800 on: Feb 22, 2019, 05:54 PM »
Agreed that a wind forecast isn’t terribly reliable but my weather app says 6mph winds on Sunday. Far cry from what others suggested.

That said, I haven’t kept up with ice conditions. Will this weekends warm weather and rain be enough to spoil the shoreline?

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9801 on: Feb 22, 2019, 06:18 PM »
Hearthstone?? Looking to access there tomorrow morning early (5am). Walking.....Haven’t ever fished from there yet. Since it’s a campground, do I have to wait until someone is there to pay or...idk? Local guys please help?? Thank you!

Offline carpy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9802 on: Feb 22, 2019, 06:23 PM »
Hardwater, there is no fee to park at Hearthstone. Steep hill going down to the lower parking area. sometimes icy, I don't know about now, haven't been there recently. There is parking just in the gate up top if you can't drive down.  :tipup:

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9803 on: Feb 22, 2019, 06:26 PM »
You mean to say this old tune can't be played today on your channel.
Scoff.

You can post a video of someone paying an original song and post its no problem. You can’t just take a song and add it to a video you created. The artist wants credit for the song so you have to pay for the licensing to use that song. YouTube can pull the video 

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9804 on: Feb 22, 2019, 06:37 PM »
Hardwater, there is no fee to park at Hearthstone. Steep hill going down to the lower parking area. sometimes icy, I don't know about now, haven't been there recently. There is parking just in the gate up top if you can't drive down.  :tipup:

Thank you! I appreciate your help

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9805 on: Feb 22, 2019, 06:53 PM »

You can post a video of someone paying an original song and post its no problem. You can’t just take a song and add it to a video you created. The artist wants credit for the song so you have to pay for the licensing to use that song. YouTube can pull the video

Yea ok.
Good luck on the dope videos,  my fish have been already dead and processed.

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9806 on: Feb 22, 2019, 07:25 PM »
Hearthstone?? Looking to access there tomorrow morning early (5am). Walking.....Haven’t ever fished from there yet. Since it’s a campground, do I have to wait until someone is there to pay or...idk? Local guys please help?? Thank you!
No pay,  hill and parking should be easy and you'll probably follow the taillights.
Good luck and have fun

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9807 on: Feb 22, 2019, 07:35 PM »
No pay,  hill and parking should be easy and you'll probably follow the taillights.
Good luck and have fun
Sounds like a plan. Haha...yeah I figured as much. I fished PK solo today, was 2nd guy there. Got real busy/real quick. (Caught two there/shorts) Looking forward to new scenery and doing some walking. Nice day on the ice when the sun came out. Thank you Tuna for chiming In! Appreciate everyone’s knowledge of the local area

Offline DShooo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9808 on: Feb 22, 2019, 07:50 PM »
Lol yeah jerky keeps the yapping down. The bathroom situation is little bit tricky with the girls tho.

I've got 3 daughters, 2 sisters and a wife.  5 gallon bucket is the way to go with a shanty for privacy.  They've all embraced it over the years...rinse, fill with your catch.  Win, win.  Good stuff!
I'd rather be fishing...

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9809 on: Feb 22, 2019, 08:15 PM »

At times 5am is late there..not early.  If the hill isnt icy that spot fills fast.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.