New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346740 times)

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #8100 on: Jan 27, 2018, 01:21 PM »
I caught a real good one... so good Infact, my ice season is over as well as possibly early open water.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8101 on: Jan 27, 2018, 01:28 PM »
Fished off the grand banks today absolutely pounded the Lakers best day for numbers iv ever had. Kids got into a bunch of Lakers too and had a blast

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #8102 on: Jan 27, 2018, 02:20 PM »
Do you or anyone else know if they're still driving down it? I know you don't live here, but know all the same dudes I do and then some.
I've got a 4wd truck, but judging by my driveway at home... Hearthstone has got to be an absolute nightmare right now.
I'm worried anything without studs or chains will be able to traverse that hill right now. I'm really hoping I'm wrong though.

I was there yesterday, you can try but its sketchy.

I have 4wd and didnt bother after i tapped brakes and slid about 4 feet just coming to a stop.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8103 on: Jan 27, 2018, 02:21 PM »
I caught a real good one... so good Infact, my ice season is over as well as possibly early open water.

that sux man hope u heal up quickly

Offline Hardwaterlipn147

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8104 on: Jan 27, 2018, 02:26 PM »
What happen smoken? Perchin was good today went out for a few hours

weekend hooker!

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8105 on: Jan 27, 2018, 02:29 PM »
Me and my dad were cutting a tree in the woods ( which we have been doing our whole lives) and the top of the tree was pinched with 2 big limbs. I cut the one and the tree shifted and I thought that was the one to cut to relieve the stress... I started cutting the other limb and it snapped and hit me in my leg and sent me flying.

I have a broken upper tibia and screwed up knee. Appointment with the orthopedic surgeon this week. Really don’t know much at the moment.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8106 on: Jan 27, 2018, 02:30 PM »
Hardwater- you have quality perch tho. Nice dinner

Offline Hardwaterlipn147

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8107 on: Jan 27, 2018, 02:36 PM »
Sry brother hope you heal up fast .
weekend hooker!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8108 on: Jan 27, 2018, 02:40 PM »
Me and my dad were cutting a tree in the woods ( which we have been doing our whole lives) and the top of the tree was pinched with 2 big limbs. I cut the one and the tree shifted and I thought that was the one to cut to relieve the stress... I started cutting the other limb and it snapped and hit me in my leg and sent me flying.

I have a broken upper tibia and screwed up knee. Appointment with the orthopedic surgeon this week. Really don’t know much at the moment.
yikes man! I do tree work myself so I know how dangerous that stuff can be.as bad as ur knee looks it really could have been a lot worse. Again hope for speedy recovery

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8109 on: Jan 27, 2018, 02:43 PM »
Tell me about it. I am lucky it didn’t clip my leg straight on or I would be dealing with a compound fracture... or got both my legs, or worse... chest or head. The force is that thing snapping was insane. I keep reliving it in my head. I am just dissapointed in myself because I know better. I was in too much of a hurry and wasn’t thinking.

THat is actually my tibia in the picture lol

And thanks. I’m gonna hafto live through everyone’s fishing reports on here for the rest of the season lol

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8110 on: Jan 27, 2018, 03:12 PM »
Man sorry to see that.  Hope you heal up quickly!

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8111 on: Jan 27, 2018, 05:23 PM »
Ouch, heal up man.
I love clipboard man

Offline Hardwaterlipn147

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8112 on: Jan 27, 2018, 05:46 PM »
Smoking I wish I could fix ya a plate bud!!! Get a wheel chair and I'll be the first to volunteer to push ya out to some holes!!!!!
weekend hooker!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8113 on: Jan 27, 2018, 06:04 PM »
SS, ouch. I felt the pain just looking at the picture. Hope you are on the mends soon. That may not look good in a day or two..h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Spann

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8114 on: Jan 27, 2018, 06:26 PM »
Fished for Trout at Hullets today.  Pretty slow.  Marked a few but they weren't too active.  Caught 2 small ones.  Looking for a new spot for tomorrow.  Grand Banks sounds good!  Is that In the southern basin?

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8115 on: Jan 27, 2018, 07:24 PM »
Smoking I wish I could fix ya a plate bud!!! Get a wheel chair and I'll be the first to volunteer to push ya out to some holes!!!!!

Haha thanks. I appreciate it. I have a buddy already trying to figure out how to get me out there haha.

Yeah, those fillets look good. Luckily the night before I broke my leg, I had perch as well.

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8116 on: Jan 27, 2018, 07:35 PM »
Fished out of Huletts today.  12+ inches of ice everywhere I went.  Trout were pretty shy until I found the right combo.  Left with a 24"and 26" for the frying pan.  Both were loaded with smelt.   Place was a zoo today, never seen that many people there.
A bent rod is a good rod!

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8117 on: Jan 27, 2018, 07:51 PM »
I dove from mdb to Long Island. Ice looked sketchy the last 3rd of the trip. Looks like the ice broke up and froze. It’s thick. About a foot or so but it creeps me out.  It looks like your driving on floating blocks of ice . Had about 50 lakers chase one hooked but spit at the hole !

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8118 on: Jan 27, 2018, 08:55 PM »
Place was a zoo by MDB last weekend too. Had people coming up to the shanty to say hi all day, think one said he just had heart surgery. :blink: Got a tow back on someone's 4-wheeler, and some free shiners and suckers from another guy who had about 2 dozen left. Unlike open water season it's actually a lot of fun with that many people out.

Tomorrow 45*F and calm, I should call into work. :o Weather looks OK in terms of cold late next week to heal some of the ice, too.

And SS that looks excruciating. I had a guy at my clinic with a much less deformed tibia fracture of the same area recently and he was in tears. Hope things go well with the ortho and you make it back out this year. Not out of the question, someone will tow ya. ;D

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8119 on: Jan 27, 2018, 10:09 PM »
Is there public access at Huletts? Was planning on going to Hague , but dose not sound like the ice is ready.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8120 on: Jan 28, 2018, 01:57 AM »

And SS that looks excruciating. I had a guy at my clinic with a much less deformed tibia fracture of the same area recently and he was in tears. Hope things go well with the ortho and you make it back out this year. Not out of the question, someone will tow ya. ;D

Yeah, it’s bad. It was nearly 2 hours before I got any morphine for it as well. I limped with my dad out of the woods... put me in the tractor bucket and drive me to my parents house. I called my wife who works at cdphp in Albany, and asked her to come up and take me to the hospital... by the time she arrived, got me to the hospital and I got checked in, it was around 2 hours before I got the morphine... at the point when I got it, I was In the wheel chair Pale and shaking. My wife asked me if I was shaking from being nervous... I said no, my adrenaline is wearing off and I think I’m in early stages of shock. Sucky situation. I do not wish this on my worst enemy.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8121 on: Jan 28, 2018, 04:20 AM »
Any issues with quads from MDB up the lake about a mile or two getting away from the crowd laker fishing?
Been on Harris 3 times this week and perch bite has been good. Some really good ones mixed in but plenty of 8-9" if your looking to limit.

Better keep your eyes peeled.  Couple cracks opened up yesterday and we found quite a bit of standing water in spots where the ice ridged.  Some of which was deep.

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8122 on: Jan 28, 2018, 04:38 AM »
Better keep your eyes peeled.  Couple cracks opened up yesterday and we found quite a bit of standing water in spots where the ice ridged.  Some of which was deep.
How far out were they before or after you get to the 100' water.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8123 on: Jan 28, 2018, 04:44 AM »
How far out were they before or after you get to the 100' water.

Not sure.  I wasnt paying attention to where they were relative to that water depth. 

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8124 on: Jan 28, 2018, 04:49 AM »
Not sure.  I wasnt paying attention to where they were relative to that water depth.
It is right around a mile just about even with where English brook comes in. Ehh no worries I'm heading out now I'll find them I suppose.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8125 on: Jan 28, 2018, 04:50 AM »
It is right around a mile just about even with where English brook comes in. Ehh no worries I'm heading out now I'll find them I suppose.

There is more than one and the bigger one was futher than a mile out.  The one you mention was solid when I spudded it. 

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8126 on: Jan 28, 2018, 05:15 AM »
A nasty one opened up just north of Still Bay yesterday. I freaked out a little when I pulled up to it to see a helmet floating. I ripped up to the first big group I saw and they verified that no one could've gone in or they would've seen it. Thought for sure I was calling a rescue in. The crack extended from the north shore just north of Still and went about 30% across. Part of it is wide enough to sink you. I'm running right up the middle today and the spud will be with me to check when I need.
I'll gladly offer that I rode north from MDB for exactly 4 miles because I didn't catch squat.
If anyone lost a helmet out there yesterday. Holler at me with a description and I'll gladly get it back to you.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8127 on: Jan 28, 2018, 05:53 AM »
I watched about a mile of ice disappear yesterday in about 2 hours our goup barely could get off as some cracks opened up 3 feet also my spud was going through 4" of ice with 1 easy wack. We were forced to leave by noon sucked to leave such hot fishing but was better than getting wet.

I guess the grand banks are nothing to mess with this time of year.  ;)

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8128 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:00 AM »

Yikes!!
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8129 on: Jan 28, 2018, 09:29 AM »
Is there public access at Huletts? Was planning on going to Hague , but dose not sound like the ice is ready.
You can park at the town beach.  Take a right at the bottom of the hill and then take your 2nd left.  You'll see all the trucks and trailers.
A bent rod is a good rod!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.