New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346721 times)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #8070 on: Jan 26, 2018, 09:48 AM »
All ice yes.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8071 on: Jan 26, 2018, 10:10 AM »
Moved this post from the LG Perch thread, as it wasn't really related to perch fishing the king. I just looked at the Steamboat webcam, seems to be busy out of MDB today. Do they primarily target perch or lakers? I have never been to LG to ice fish, but am considering a trip before the rain tomorrow night. I should note i am also new to jigging, a complete recipe for failure...

Tight lines all!
Modify message

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8072 on: Jan 26, 2018, 10:45 AM »
All ice yes.
Do you or anyone else know if they're still driving down it? I know you don't live here, but know all the same dudes I do and then some.
I've got a 4wd truck, but judging by my driveway at home... Hearthstone has got to be an absolute nightmare right now.
I'm worried anything without studs or chains will be able to traverse that hill right now. I'm really hoping I'm wrong though.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8073 on: Jan 26, 2018, 10:59 AM »
I drove by there yesterday afternoon and there were a lot of vehicles parked up by the road. My guess is that it is a bobsled run!!!
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline gitthegaff

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Fish on"
« Reply #8074 on: Jan 26, 2018, 11:08 AM »
Went by a little while ago Today, seems everyone is parking up Top, I use to keep a shanty there years ago, I sanded that hill myself religiously! Im surprised no one is doing this! It doesn't take that long especially if a few guys do it together.
Paul

Offline Bassmaster16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8075 on: Jan 26, 2018, 11:09 AM »
Never been out from the hearthstone. How far of a walk is it to the lake from the upper lot? How's the ice out there right now? Trying up that way in the morning. Is it more laker or perch territory out from there?

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8076 on: Jan 26, 2018, 11:25 AM »
Never been out from the hearthstone. How far of a walk is it to the lake from the upper lot? How's the ice out there right now? Trying up that way in the morning. Is it more laker or perch territory out from there?
It's laker territory and that hill is a nightmare on foot.
I'm coming up with another plan this weekend.
Thanks for sparring me finding out in the dark tomorrow Mike!
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8077 on: Jan 26, 2018, 11:43 AM »
Maybe today and tomorrow will help but who knows

Offline Wind Flag

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8078 on: Jan 26, 2018, 12:02 PM »
My dad just drove up to check it out. He said he almost slid into another truck just turning off 9N.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8079 on: Jan 26, 2018, 01:42 PM »
Do you or anyone else know if they're still driving down it? I know you don't live here, but know all the same dudes I do and then some.
I've got a 4wd truck, but judging by my driveway at home... Hearthstone has got to be an absolute nightmare right now.
I'm worried anything without studs or chains will be able to traverse that hill right now. I'm really hoping I'm wrong though.

Lol I know too many LG addicts.  Guy this morning made a hurried attempt to get down and almost hit some trees with his truck and trailer I am told. 

From what my buddy said it doesn't sound like a good idea to attempt it.

I may lay a bag or 2 of ice melt out this weekend if I make it over there.

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8080 on: Jan 26, 2018, 01:52 PM »
Has anyone been back down to Hearthstone in the last day or two? Is the road still covered in ice?

I’ve parked and fished out of Hearthstone the last 3 days.Everyday the ice conditions on the road have gotten worse.I almost wrecked just turning into the entrance.If you do go there park up top.Don’t try to go down the hill.

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8081 on: Jan 26, 2018, 02:04 PM »
Might be as fun as watching a boat launch on 4th of July weekend!
I love clipboard man

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8082 on: Jan 26, 2018, 02:13 PM »

That launch is fun in the winter.  No one parked on the bottom today I am told.

Fishmon

« Reply #8083 on: Jan 26, 2018, 02:24 PM »
Went by Hearthstone around 1:30 and road is a luge run. I would not try it even with chains.  If you make it down, someone will bang into you.

Fished at Basin Bay.  Be careful if you go to mouth of bay.  Huge pressure ridge/crack across mouth of bay that was really making a lot of noise and moving around.  Ice goes from 8-10 inches to 5 inches or less out there.  Ice earthquake shot water up out of cracks as much as a foot in air.  Got out of there real fast and went inside Bay for perch.  Lakers were all over the place in there.  Caught several on a tiny tungsten jig with spikes.  Go  figure.

Parking situation at Basin is horrible.  Cars/trucks were parked all over the road.  Surprised that police did not ticket some of them.

Offline leosco333

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8084 on: Jan 26, 2018, 02:43 PM »
Wanted to go to George tomorrow. What bays are frozen. Anybody know ice conditions near the sagamore or places to recommend for Lakers. Never fished the king on the ice yet. I saw Alot on here about places to avoid but I'm not sure where is good to go

JJ

« Reply #8085 on: Jan 26, 2018, 03:40 PM »
LAKE RD ACCESS IN DIAMOND POINT: Don't waste your time, wide open at the town beach. DO NOT TRESPASS on the private property nearby, people seem to be making a habit of it again and they don't have permission.

Offline nitro09

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8086 on: Jan 26, 2018, 04:13 PM »
Wanted to go to George tomorrow. What bays are frozen. Anybody know ice conditions near the sagamore or places to recommend for Lakers. Never fished the king on the ice yet. I saw Alot on here about places to avoid but I'm not sure where is good to go

I fished huddle last week and ice was good. I don’t know how well it held up to the warm and rain. It’s just south of the sagamore. Looked like open water out in the middle. Anyway I’m gonna hit it in the am if it’s no go I’ll just go to mdb

Offline Fersh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8087 on: Jan 26, 2018, 04:33 PM »
Anyone able to tell me where to park legally for Harris Bay? I want to try to nail some perch there tomorrow, but it's new territory for me-

Kristen

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8088 on: Jan 26, 2018, 05:25 PM »
How’s the hill at heartstone for a wheeler? Can you hug the side of the road for traction?
Jason

Offline carpy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8089 on: Jan 26, 2018, 05:32 PM »
Can you get into Northwest Bay by hugging the shoreline on the Rte 9 side? :tipup:

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8090 on: Jan 26, 2018, 05:52 PM »
Fished off hearthstone today. Do not go down the hill with out chains. I had chains had to pull a few folks up the hill. 1 guy said AAA laughed at him when tbey saw tbe ice on the rd. I have a sander and thought about sanding the hill but not sure how that would work with the state.

Fishing wasn't bad I walked a lot marked some fish caught some fish all were spitting up lots and lots of smelt.back at it tmrw with wife and kids

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8091 on: Jan 26, 2018, 05:56 PM »
Fished off hearthstone today. Do not go down the hill with out chains. I had chains had to pull a few folks up the hill. 1 guy said AAA laughed at him when tbey saw tbe ice on the rd. I have a sander and thought about sanding the hill but not sure how that would work with the state.

Fishing wasn't bad I walked a lot marked some fish caught some fish all were spitting up lots and lots of smelt.back at it tmrw with wife and kids

I'd skip fishing... just tow cars up and around the hill tomorrow, $100 a pop.  You'll make a killing! 

I love clipboard man

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8092 on: Jan 26, 2018, 06:08 PM »
I'd skip fishing... just tow cars up and around the hill tomorrow, $100 a pop.  You'll make a killing!
lmao it's tempting but gotta get those kids on to some LG macks

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8093 on: Jan 26, 2018, 06:16 PM »
lmao it's tempting but gotta get those kids on to some LG macks

Good to finally fish with you again, good luck with the kiddos! 
I love clipboard man

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8094 on: Jan 26, 2018, 06:22 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8095 on: Jan 26, 2018, 06:23 PM »

Good to finally fish with you again, good luck with the kiddos!
;)
Will c ya next week

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8096 on: Jan 27, 2018, 08:27 AM »
Anyone have an update on Hague area? I have permission from a private landowner but don't know if it is worth the drive yet....hearing mixed reports. Would really appreciate it.

Offline fishboy899

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8097 on: Jan 27, 2018, 08:39 AM »
Any issues with quads from MDB up the lake about a mile or two getting away from the crowd laker fishing?
Been on Harris 3 times this week and perch bite has been good. Some really good ones mixed in but plenty of 8-9" if your looking to limit.

Offline TJM781

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8098 on: Jan 27, 2018, 08:57 AM »
Any issues with quads from MDB up the lake about a mile or two getting away from the crowd laker fishing?
Been on Harris 3 times this week and perch bite has been good. Some really good ones
mixed in but plenty of 8-9" if
your looking to limit.

I was wondering the same thing... I would much prefer to leave from MBD.

Offline gitthegaff

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Fish on"
« Reply #8099 on: Jan 27, 2018, 09:03 AM »

I never had an issue with the State when I sanded it, Actually had an Officer say "too bad more people arn't like you"
Paul

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.