New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346740 times)

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #6960 on: Feb 01, 2017, 10:26 AM »
how much snow did they get up there?

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6961 on: Feb 01, 2017, 11:11 AM »
how much snow did they get up there?
By the looks of it, I don't think that they got as much as here. I was up there yesterday for about 5 hours and it was snowing here when i left but not there. When i left at dark, it started to flurry.

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6962 on: Feb 01, 2017, 11:14 AM »
Oh Jon you take this too seriously ;D.   I'm hoping to get out monday, should be enough ice for me by then.

Taking first ice on George too serious? Blasphemy!!!  ;D 
I love clipboard man

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6963 on: Feb 01, 2017, 11:40 AM »
I know a lot of you guys fish together. If fished with ship quite a few times but dont think iv met the rest of you. I might head out saturday morning to check it out and if its not ready go to schroon. Anyone going to check mdb saturday? Ill be solo saturday sp knowing someone other people will be around will be reassuring.
Be careful Saturday man. I'm waiting until Sunday to even look at it.
I'd be willing to buddy up with anyone Sunday with that exact plan.
Leave the house with perch gear for LG and the laker rods in case I end up fishing Schroon.
We'll swap numbers on the book if that would work Adam.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #6964 on: Feb 01, 2017, 12:08 PM »
My game plan is to scout the ice by checking the Halls boat webcam Saturday and if I see people out there then Sunday is probably a good bet ;D

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6965 on: Feb 01, 2017, 12:35 PM »
There was a video on Facebook from this morning down at the dock in MDB and the kid taking the video commented it was only glazed over and his spud went right through without any force.

If it's really that thin, with that 10-20mph winds coming as predicted, could tear it all up because it sure as heck is not building ice today.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #6966 on: Feb 01, 2017, 12:39 PM »
yeah that skim aint gonna last long.  I'm just gonna have to hope for the impossible

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6967 on: Feb 01, 2017, 01:31 PM »
If it can make it through the winds for a few more hours, it should be alright I would think. It's supposed to be calm tonight. Monday it changes from the North slightly, at 10-  20. But by that time, there should be some safe ice.  :icefish:

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6968 on: Feb 01, 2017, 01:54 PM »
The KING is very fragile right now.  He just needs a little help to make it through the next couple days  :thumbsup:

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6969 on: Feb 01, 2017, 02:10 PM »
The KING is very fragile right now.  He just needs a little help to make it through the next couple days  :thumbsup:

Now playing the role of Humpty Dumpty, introducing from the southeastern corner of the worlds largest state park.....LAKE GEORGE'S ICE SHEET!!!!

:clap: :roflmao:

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6970 on: Feb 01, 2017, 02:17 PM »
It's possibly the most valuable ice sheet in the world right now.  If I could put it on a big cookie sheet and put it in my freezer until I need it I would ;D

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6971 on: Feb 01, 2017, 03:02 PM »
Lowaccord... where did your "rhetoric" post go?

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6972 on: Feb 01, 2017, 03:04 PM »
Lowaccord... where did your "rhetoric" post go?

I must of fat finger fingered it! 

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6973 on: Feb 01, 2017, 03:07 PM »
yeah that skim aint gonna last long.  I'm just gonna have to hope for the impossible

I saw your post before you edited it. I wasnt aware that video was from yesterday morning. If there is already 1", that's good....hopefully it will hold. However we don't want to steer any anxious or new ice fisherman in the wrong direction making them think the lake will be safe this weekend, because in most area's it won't be...but it could be to the experienced guys (like you)...

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6974 on: Feb 01, 2017, 03:12 PM »
anxious or new ice fisherman in the wrong direction making them think the lake will be safe this weekend

I'm glad you understood why I changed it.  We don't need a sodus bay type thing at MDB.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6975 on: Feb 01, 2017, 03:14 PM »
I'm glad you understood why I changed it.  We don't need a sodus bay type thing at MDB.

I figured thats why you changed it...but looking back at other recent posts I wanted to make sure to point out that chances are, the lake WONT be safe to just anyone this weekend...cold temps are coming...the following weekend should be more then enough time with the night temps approaching next week for newbie ice guys like myself to wander out  @)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6976 on: Feb 01, 2017, 04:33 PM »
This is too true man.
Good point bringing this up SS.
There is more of a chance I end up elsewhere both days this weekend. These guys posting have been playing the 1st ice game on LG for 10, 15, or more than 20 years.
I had a good number of years under my belt when I took a dip in Huddle bay last year too. Spud bar in hand.
SWING BEFORE EVERY STEP!!!
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6977 on: Feb 01, 2017, 04:56 PM »
Came so close to breaking up today.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6978 on: Feb 01, 2017, 05:12 PM »
This is too true man.
There is more of a chance I end up elsewhere both days this weekend. These guys posting have been playing the 1st ice game on LG for 10, 15, or more than 20 years.
I had a good number of years under my belt when I took a dip in Huddle bay last year too. Spud bar in hand.

Last year the last guy behind me out of vets had to be rescued and I had a pretty intense ridge crossing myself.  Now that's not MDB but any first ice needs to be probed carefully and slowly for its first time!  ;)

I'm going up I'll let what my eyes and spud see dictate where I end up if it's elsewhere that's fine.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6979 on: Feb 01, 2017, 06:26 PM »
This is too true man.

I remember reading about that. Huddle was sketchy last year. I remember my buddys telling me about it. I didn't even get out there last year.

Fishmon

« Reply #6980 on: Feb 01, 2017, 07:09 PM »
Drove down from Hague today at end of daylight.  Ice took a beating.  Looks very sketchy at best.  A slight breeze will do it in.  No ice from Sabbath Day Point north.  You can still launch a boat at Hague boat launch.  Took ATV out on Schroon Lake.  12 inches plus on north basin.  Snowed most of day.  4-5 inches on ice in most places.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6981 on: Feb 02, 2017, 05:38 AM »
Yesterday I tried o spud a hole at the boat launch,carefully chipped a hole again very careful to not to bust the bottom of the ice out not even an inch lots of open spots all over the place on the west side of the lake the ice went a little north of tee island then huge open water with patches of ice in spots south of hearthstone north was wide open was a bit gusty last nite and winds 10 to 20 today out of the WNW.here's to hoping the wind dosent kill it and cold temps build some ice

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6982 on: Feb 02, 2017, 06:00 AM »
Statistically getting in your car to drive there is a death sentence...A little spudding, a big pair and all will be well.
That's a great quote for your family to put on your headstone!! :cookoo:
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6983 on: Feb 02, 2017, 06:18 AM »
Mike how is the ice holding up down there on the ol king

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6984 on: Feb 02, 2017, 06:21 AM »
Everyone relax, groundhog just said we're good through march

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6985 on: Feb 02, 2017, 06:40 AM »
Yesterday I tried o spud a hole at the boat launch,carefully chipped a hole again very careful to not to bust the bottom of the ice out not even an inch lots of open spots all over the place on the west side of the lake the ice went a little north of tee island then huge open water with patches of ice in spots south of hearthstone north was wide open was a bit gusty last nite and winds 10 to 20 today out of the WNW.here's to hoping the wind dosent kill it and cold temps build some ice

accuweather and weather.com say only WSW and W winds all day for LG village and Bolton Landing. The MDB area and Harris Bay ice could be pretty safe from wind I think.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6986 on: Feb 02, 2017, 09:04 AM »
That's a great quote for your family to put on your headstone!! :cookoo:

Noted.  I may have to stick that in my will.   ;D

Tounge in cheek comment Mike I thought it was outlandish enough to not be taken seriously...

With the snow we need some wind to make ice...just not so much it rips what's formed up.

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6987 on: Feb 02, 2017, 09:28 AM »
Some idiot is out there off MDB in a Jon boat breaking up the ice trying to fish open water.  >:(
Jason

Offline blt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6988 on: Feb 02, 2017, 09:48 AM »
And you didn't check how the bite was?

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6989 on: Feb 02, 2017, 10:24 AM »
Some idiot is out there off MDB in a Jon boat breaking up the ice trying to fish open water.  >:(

thats rediculous

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.