New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346693 times)

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #5700 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:56 AM »
so the law dogs took all of your friends fish he should have went back out and took just 50 right

I hate to break it to you, but DEC can do whatever they want. They have more authority then the police.

Offline njg0621

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5701 on: Mar 23, 2015, 08:00 AM »
I know the guy that had more it was only his 4th time on the ice and he hadnt caught a limit yet, i cant blame him because hes trying to get some fish for the freezer.  They took everyone of their fish.  So this guy brought home less than 150 perch for the entire ice season, is that hurting the population more or less than the guys that go out and take a limits everyday thats adds up to thousands?

Are you really this ignorant? Just cause the guy didnt get his limit yet it gives him the right to break the law?

Offline njg0621

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5702 on: Mar 23, 2015, 08:10 AM »
what is the big deal one guy over 5 fish and the other over 13 fish maybe one guy as a family  4 and the other 6 and just want to put some fish on the table don't  look like they r sellers big deal and guys have to say they can't count

Is this english? Once again ignorant......the law is the law. If you ask me the 50 fish limit is to high and should be lowered anyways.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5703 on: Mar 23, 2015, 08:14 AM »
Topics like this show who the real sportsman are imo.

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5704 on: Mar 23, 2015, 08:18 AM »
I think that after you catch your limit and then begin to catch your companies limit, Example a father. It's also breaking the law. Now I know none of us have ever publicly announced we've done that before. Mistakes are mistakes maybe the bite was hot and they didn't stop to count, maybe they wanted to over limit. Who knows but I'm sure they will learn a lesson.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5705 on: Mar 23, 2015, 08:18 AM »
always turns into a fireball this subject. It really is cut and dry, keep count of you fish.

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5706 on: Mar 23, 2015, 08:23 AM »
always turns into a fireball this subject. It really is cut and dry, keep count of you fish.

Agreed, simplest way to avoid the possible ticket.

Offline jdog42

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5707 on: Mar 23, 2015, 08:47 AM »
Has anyone been over towards warren bay just wondering how the ice is holding up

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5708 on: Mar 23, 2015, 08:57 AM »
They should clearly lower the limit to 21 fish.  After that I don't have any more digits to help count...  ;)

Other day I had to release 12" perch as I had my limit on a different body.  Sucked looking in my bag seeing 8"ers in it.  Oh well next time I'll try to be pickier.
I love clipboard man

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5709 on: Mar 23, 2015, 09:24 AM »
They should clearly lower the limit to 21 fish.  After that I don't have any more digits to help count...  ;)

Other day I had to release 12" perch as I had my limit on a different body.  Sucked looking in my bag seeing 8"ers in it.  Oh well next time I'll try to be pickier.

You need to start going from vt to ny get 50 there and 50 here.

Offline perchslappinmy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5710 on: Mar 23, 2015, 10:06 AM »
I think that after you catch your limit and then begin to catch your companies limit. Example a father. It's also breaking the law. Now I know none of us have ever publicly announced we've done that before. Mistakes are mistakes maybe the bite was hot and they didn't stop to count, maybe they wanted to over limit. Who knows but I'm sure they will learn a lesson.
Lol...if I remember correctly wasn't that "Gilligan"?

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5711 on: Mar 23, 2015, 10:18 AM »
Lol...if I remember correctly wasn't that "Gilligan"?
Gilligan...wasn't that the guy on the S'S Minnow ?  ;D

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #5712 on: Mar 23, 2015, 01:04 PM »
Fished both days.  Ice is in incredible shape, measured 23" of hard and clear at one spot.   shoreline at hearthstone is ok...springs are starting to take their toll, but we might be good to get on there next weekend.    Took the UTV all over, put a BUNCH of miles on it going between perch and laker spots.   

Many fish were caught, good times were had.

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5713 on: Mar 23, 2015, 03:50 PM »
ignorance: n. lack of knowledge

Everyone is born ignorant into the world. The word ignorance is from Latin ignorantia. The prefix in- means “not”; Old Latin gnarus means “aware, acquainted with.” Mere ignorance is nothing to be ashamed of. Ignorant is not a synonym for “stupid.”

Catholic theology recognizes three categories of ignorance:

invincible ignorance: lack of knowledge that a person has no way to obtain

vincible ignorance: lack of knowledge that a rational person is capable of acquiring by making an effort

nescience: lack of knowledge that doesn’t matter in the circumstances (from Latin ne-, “not” plus scire, “to know.”
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5714 on: Mar 23, 2015, 03:54 PM »
    The ancient belief that the world was flat was based on an ignorance of scientific facts or observation.
    When tobacco was first used, people were largely ignorant of the harmful side effects of it.
    A negative attitude about another race is an example of ignorance.
    Believing a rumor can be ignorant, like the rumor in the 1960s that Paul McCartney was dead and replaced with someone who looked like him.
    A person who fabricates a hoax relies upon people’s ignorance, like the recent hoax in Asia. The story goes that a person would call on your cell phone and if you answered, you would die immediately.
    If a pregnant woman thinks that because she broke her nose and it was crooked, her child may have a crooked nose, then that shows her ignorance of genetics.
    Old wives tales talk about ways to tell if the baby is a boy or girl, like if you crave sweets or carry your baby low, it is a girl and if you crave meat and cheese and carry high and in front, it’s a boy. Believing these theories is ignorant as they have no scientific basis.
    At one time, some people thought that if you ate Chinese food, you would begin to look like Chinese people. This was an example of an ignorant belief.
    Another example of ignorance is the belief that if you get wet and cold, you will get a cold. Viruses cause colds, not having wet hair or feet and being cold.
    Before the mid-1800s, society was ignorant of germs, so there were many unsanitary practices, like operating on multiple people without sterilizing the instruments.
    Some people believe that when one person dies, a baby is born. This goes against the fact of population increase and can be seen as an ignorant belief.
    Superstitions are often believed because of ignorance, like believing that breaking a mirror brings seven years of bad luck.
    Believing certain things are lucky can be ignorant, like carrying a rabbit’s foot or hanging a horseshoe over a doorway.
    Fears can also be unwarranted and based on ignorance, such as a fear of Fridays, especially Friday the 13th, or black cats.
    Many people believe that the Pilgrims wore only black and white and had buckles on their hats, shoes and clothing.  This is not true and is believed because of ignorance. They usually wore black and white only on Sundays and buckles were not worn at that time.
    Some Americans mistakenly believe that Mexico’s Independence Day is May 5th. That is the day they were victorious over the French in 1862. This mistaken belief is caused by ignorance of the actual date.
    In a bullfight, the color red does not make a bull mad, because he is essentially colorblind, but rather the flapping of the cape makes him aggressive. The belief that red makes a bull mad is an example of ignorance.
    Another example of ignorance is thinking that eating an hour before swimming causes cramps.
    Thomas Edison did not invent the light bulb, although many are ignorant of that fact. He did invent a practical and longer lasting light bulb.
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5715 on: Mar 23, 2015, 04:26 PM »
Fished both days.  Ice is in incredible shape, measured 23" of hard and clear at one spot.   shoreline at hearthstone is ok...springs are starting to take their toll, but we might be good to get on there next weekend.    Took the UTV all over, put a BUNCH of miles on it going between perch and laker spots.   

Many fish were caught, good times were had.
good to hear bigred.   hope it holds for fri and sat for me.

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5716 on: Mar 23, 2015, 04:31 PM »
Holy crap catchnofishthisisfun, I'm still confused on how I should use the word ignorance, can you provide a few more examples...  :roflmao: :roflmao:
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline Pickeralpicker91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5717 on: Mar 23, 2015, 05:54 PM »
Holy crap catchnofishthisisfun, I'm still confused on how I should use the word ignorance, can you provide a few mi examples...  :roflmao: :roflmao:
this post is an example of vincible ignorance ;D

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5718 on: Mar 23, 2015, 08:33 PM »
I had to do this.. the mood was getting intense and its the end of the season.. gotta end everything with a positive note, a laugh, a smirk, a chuckle.. I figured with everyone talking about ignorant comments and ignorant actions, i'd post a few THANGS about ignorance.. it's been a great year for me personally. I've had a few uhh... i'll call them "practice years" ice fishing, where i seldom caught any perch and certainly never a laker.. this year i caught 10 lakers, ranging from smallest of 23" to my personal best 32" laker, 1, 20 inch landlock salmon, and i've lost count..... for the season that is.....lol.... on how many perch i've caught. Had  a lot of fun. showed a lot of people what ice fishing is like and was proud to never get skunked and always have someone leaving the ice with a new experience and a fresh smile. This forum is awesome. I've learned a lot just reading. I've learned about some etiquette on fishing, fishing access do's and don'ts and some fishing tips to improve my chances, and most importantly thanks for always reporting ice conditions and safety suggestions.. lastly,  its always nice to see other people catching lots of fish. it makes me get excited about the next trip.. Thanks for a great season.. Best to you all who still have more time out there to enjoy.

Beer there, done that.

-Steve

Fishmon

« Reply #5719 on: Mar 24, 2015, 07:04 AM »
Ice in northern basin is really holding up well and in places is 2 feet plus thick.  Bring your creepers! It is slick out there and fish were biting really well at times on Monday.  Lakers are full of smelt and are chasing all the way up the water column.  Should be good for weekend if shoreline holds up.

Offline JneedsNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5720 on: Mar 24, 2015, 10:41 AM »
Ice in northern basin is really holding up well and in places is 2 feet plus thick.  Bring your creepers! It is slick out there and fish were biting really well at times on Monday.  Lakers are full of smelt and are chasing all the way up the water column.  Should be good for weekend if shoreline holds up.
[/quote

Is "northern basin" the ticonderoga area?

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5721 on: Mar 24, 2015, 04:36 PM »
North of Hague beach was solid as a rock. BY the end of Saturday the warm temps and blinding abundant sunshine had softened the top 1/4'' of the ice but it didn't really affect the rest of the 17 and 3/4" of ice underneath..

ice is solid.. access is getting iffy. Saw tons of guys going out at hague town beach and fishing the whole lake....near shore, out in the middle,  across the way.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5722 on: Mar 24, 2015, 06:43 PM »
spent the day on huddle.

Tons of fish, spent all day moving...man, alot of small ones this season. Had a nice laker up to the hole...first one to get off on me in 3 years.

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5723 on: Mar 25, 2015, 02:55 PM »
how is the access, getting on and off ?

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5724 on: Mar 25, 2015, 04:08 PM »
how is the access, getting on and off ?

It depends where you go?

its raining right now...supposed to be 55* tomorrow and rain all day....and thursday. Most places you wont be able to get on by the weekend.

Offline sameoljets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5725 on: Mar 25, 2015, 06:31 PM »
Sleeting light rain right now in bolton. 

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5726 on: Mar 25, 2015, 09:58 PM »
[/quote

Is "northern basin" the ticonderoga area?

The north basin is considered anywhere north of the narrows.  Hulettes across to tongue mountain

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #5727 on: Mar 26, 2015, 05:10 AM »
It depends where you go?

its raining right now...supposed to be 55* tomorrow and rain all day....and thursday. Most places you wont be able to get on by the weekend.
             You could always plank yourself on! ::)

IW

Offline twillingthenoz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5728 on: Mar 26, 2015, 07:22 AM »
So are all the bait shops done selling suckers in the southern LG area?

Offline gauglerb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5729 on: Mar 26, 2015, 07:30 AM »
Everyone's out of suckers for the year from I'm told.

On that note, anyone know what time Outdoor shop in Bolton Landing opens on weekdays and weekends?  Anyone got a phone number?  Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.