New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346696 times)

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #5670 on: Mar 19, 2015, 08:08 AM »
We went out from FAB this AM with the wheelers, access is still excellent and cutting around 18" of good solid ice!

MK

Offline Ammo5254

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5671 on: Mar 19, 2015, 09:11 AM »
Thanks guys.  What's FAB?  So does anyone know is harris or assembly is still good?

Offline tonebea

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5672 on: Mar 19, 2015, 09:27 AM »
Thanks guys.  What's FAB?  So does anyone know is harris or assembly is still good?

I was on Harris on Sunday and there was still a good 18" of ice. It definitely changed a bit from the previous Sunday, with some air bubbles on the top layer. Shore ice was still good though and a few machines running on the bay. I imagine it's still good with no warm temps this week.

Offline rpdfishes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5673 on: Mar 19, 2015, 04:12 PM »
Fort Ann Beach
We went out from FAB this AM with the wheelers, access is still excellent and cutting around 18" of good solid ice!

MK

Offline butch76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5674 on: Mar 19, 2015, 05:15 PM »
FAB is Fort Ann Beach near Pilot Knob.

I went out from Dunham's Bay this morning, access over the rail was ok in the morning but by the afternoon it was getting a lot more cracks.  For myself I wouldn't trust it much longer.  Ended up catching a bunch of perch, mostly small ones we threw back with about 15 keepers and a couple of lakers on tipups we had set for perch.

Plenty of ice also, didn't measure but over a foot easily and saw a 4 wheeler come over from the village side.

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5675 on: Mar 20, 2015, 05:44 AM »
I would be real careful at Dunhams Bay this time of year. Warm temps during the day are gonna make a lot of current under that ice, going out a long way.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline butch76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5676 on: Mar 20, 2015, 07:23 AM »
Yeah, I wouldn't go to Dunhams again this year, quite a change from the morning to the afternoon.

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5677 on: Mar 20, 2015, 09:07 PM »
Heading to Gull Bay this weekend for one last trip.

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5678 on: Mar 22, 2015, 12:45 PM »
2 of my buddies got hit for perch over their limit yesterday, anyone know what fines they are looking at.  One was 5 over, one 13 lol

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5679 on: Mar 22, 2015, 01:09 PM »
2 of my buddies got hit for perch over their limit yesterday, anyone know what fines they are looking at.  One was 5 over, one 13 lol

I believe its either $50 a fish, or $100 a fish over limit.

time for them to learn how to start counting their fish. DEC ALWAYS counts at LG.

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5680 on: Mar 22, 2015, 03:03 PM »
The ice by Gull Bay has held up very well.

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5681 on: Mar 22, 2015, 03:25 PM »

"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5682 on: Mar 22, 2015, 04:27 PM »

It varies, depends on whether or not they've broken laws before and the mood the judge is in. If they believe there intentions were to over fish with disregard to the law, they may get hit with hefty fines, I've known guys that have been warned and let off on the agreement they don't get in trouble for a year or else the initial charge becomes punishable, and others have been slammed with fines and loss of fishing privileges. 

Offline ejp419

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5683 on: Mar 22, 2015, 04:51 PM »
Anyone been to Pilot Knob/Fort Ann beach area? How the ice? Any luck? I hope to make my one and only trip there this year tomorrow. Thanks..

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5684 on: Mar 22, 2015, 06:29 PM »
Anyone been to Pilot Knob/Fort Ann beach area? How the ice? Any luck? I hope to make my one and only trip there this year tomorrow. Thanks..

I think you're the one I met last week with Gordon? Nice to meet you if so.  Haven't been to Pilot in a while, but I'm sure the ice is fine.  Buddies were still taking quads out easy.  Plenty of ice out there!
I love clipboard man

Offline perchslappinmy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5685 on: Mar 22, 2015, 06:35 PM »
I don't believe anything is set in stone. Circumstances are different in each case and the persons history with fish and game violations comes into play also. In my case last year it was my  only time ever being ticketed. I was still on the ice and hadn't counted yet. Fish were running  a little smaller and I didn't realize I was over. Wish I had asked the Encon officers to let me call the wife and let her count out my previous days catch of 50 as we both have Iphones and they could watch with the Face Time feature. Didn't think of it then but if I ever run into the same 2 fellas I'm going to run that by them. Would have shown the intent not to keep over the limit.  If you get a ticket in the parking lot or while you're leaving the ice it's a different story I would guess.  I've run into Encon officers twice this year in the parking lot and neither time did they count my perch. Both times I offered  and they didn't take me up on it.  Nice guys though...we traded fishing stories for a while. When I went to court last year the DA was the one that dropped the charges so to speak as long as I wasn't ticketed again within 6 months.

Got 50 nice ones yesterday and went 4 for 4 on the lakers with 27" the biggest. Wish I could of gone out today but 6 hours of double time won out. Hope I can still get the wheeler out next weekend.

Offline got em

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5686 on: Mar 22, 2015, 07:02 PM »
their fine should be  ;D back to school and learn to count...1...2...3... ;D

Offline ejp419

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5687 on: Mar 22, 2015, 07:12 PM »
I think you're the one I met last week with Gordon? Nice to meet you if so.  Haven't been to Pilot in a while, but I'm sure the ice is fine.  Buddies were still taking quads out easy.  Plenty of ice out there!
Hey John. Yup that was me. I definitely need to figure out the Lake George perch rythm. I hate getting outsmarted by perch...At least those big pike were hungry.. I'll be flying solo up there tomorrow so I just wanted to make sure. I fished on 20 inches down in Columbia County today so I was assuming all is well up there. I just can't close the season without trying for a few Lakers. After tomorrow I'm done....

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5688 on: Mar 22, 2015, 07:57 PM »

"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5689 on: Mar 22, 2015, 09:01 PM »
has anyone been to bixby in the last few days? Just wondering if the water at the ice break is frozen? Tomrrow night is going to be 10* up there. I was going to try to get out there tuesday once more.

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5690 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:03 AM »
what is the big deal one guy over 5 fish and the other over 13 fish maybe one guy as a family  4 and the other 6 and just want to put some fish on the table don't  look like they r sellers big deal and guys have to say they can't count

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5691 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:13 AM »
Law is the law. Limits are set for a reason to protect our fishery. What happens when everyone starts keeping over there limits and the fishing starts getting next to none because there is nothing left? Then how are those guys going to feed their family.

Law is the law. Can't argue it and the limit needs to be respected.

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5692 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:22 AM »
Yes the law is the law but back in the day we used to take pal full off the lake and never  hurt them

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5693 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:35 AM »
what is set in stone is this  ,if you are convicted of the same  DEC offense twice in I believe a year you will lose your  fishing privilages for a period of time! another thing the  DEC often will not allow  the  local  DA to get involved, which means you can't  discharge the  tickets or deal without the  state agreeing .... good  luck to your friends ifit was a honest mistake

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5694 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:41 AM »
I know the guy that had more it was only his 4th time on the ice and he hadnt caught a limit yet, i cant blame him because hes trying to get some fish for the freezer.  They took everyone of their fish.  So this guy brought home less than 150 perch for the entire ice season, is that hurting the population more or less than the guys that go out and take a limits everyday thats adds up to thousands?

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5695 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:41 AM »
Yes the law is the law but back in the day we used to take pal full off the lake and never  hurt them

it doesnt matter.

thats like saying you can cut off someones hand for stealing, because it was done "back in the day".

See what I am getting at? The world is different today.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5696 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:44 AM »
I know the guy that had more it was only his 4th time on the ice and he hadnt caught a limit yet, i cant blame him because hes trying to get some fish for the freezer.  They took everyone of their fish.  So this guy brought home less than 150 perch for the entire oce season, is that hurting the population more or less than the guys that go out and take a limits everyday thats adds up to thousands?

you are missing the point.

The limit is 50 per person, per day. That is it. There is no arguing with it. Bring up your questions to a DEC officer if you want reasoning. I bet you wont get the answer you are looking for.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5697 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:44 AM »
  It's not back in the day any more. Sorry to disagree with you.  1 here, 2 there, hundreds of fishermen doing the same, and guess what??? I think you can figure it out. I count my fish every time.

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5698 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:45 AM »
I know the guy that had more it was only his 4th time on the ice and he hadnt caught a limit yet, i cant blame him because hes trying to get some fish for the freezer.  They took everyone of their fish.  So this guy brought home less than 150 perch for the entire ice season, is that hurting the population more or less than the guys that go out and take a limits everyday thats adds up to thousands?
so the law dogs took all of your friends fish he should have went back out and took just 50 right

Offline jdog42

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5699 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:52 AM »
It's simple keep track of your fish count you don't get checked much I've never been checked but I always make sure to never go over 50 and a lot of times I don't get 50 because I try and keep the ones over 8 inches I might catch 100 or more but never leave with anymore if I need fish that bad il go back the next day

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.