New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346848 times)

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #5640 on: Mar 16, 2015, 01:03 PM »
Some nice trout

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5641 on: Mar 16, 2015, 01:06 PM »

Offline tvar14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5642 on: Mar 16, 2015, 01:23 PM »
Fished near dome Sunday. Did well; 4 Lakers 20, 22, 26, 26.  Solid 22" of ice. Left out of Vets. No snow on ice, just some water here and there and a bumpy ride.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #5643 on: Mar 16, 2015, 05:17 PM »

I fished with my #1 son mealworm today, we had a decent Perch day he brought home 25 all over 11" I brought home 16 they ranged
            10" to 13". I should have taken some pics but I didn't think of it. We probably caught over 100 to get what we kept.

IW

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5644 on: Mar 16, 2015, 05:47 PM »
Fished near dome Sunday. Did well; 4 Lakers 20, 22, 26, 26.  Solid 22" of ice. Left out of Vets. No snow on ice, just some water here and there and a bumpy ride.

Good report thank you.  How was that access looking?

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5645 on: Mar 16, 2015, 06:13 PM »
Was there a time when the area around Dome Island was a refuge for lakers and you couldn't keep them there?  If so, when did that change?

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5646 on: Mar 16, 2015, 06:23 PM »
Was there a time when the area around Dome Island was a refuge for lakers and you couldn't keep them there?  If so, when did that change?

Me Too... It changed Long before Ice Shanty

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5647 on: Mar 17, 2015, 07:21 AM »
I heard yesterday that the access that everyone was using(without permission) at the end of Assembly Point got shut down. Guess the guy got tired of people driving wheelers across his lawn!!!! I had a bad feeling this was going to happen. I think ADKtony warned about this earlier in the season.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5648 on: Mar 17, 2015, 08:47 AM »
Trying to get my last day in this weekend in hague.. any report on hague??
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline pikie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5649 on: Mar 17, 2015, 08:56 AM »
I fished out of the Hague Saturday.  My first time.  Tons of ice, BUT that pressure ridge off the public access is opening up.  People with more experience I'm sure know how to get around it.  It was only about a 6 inch gap in the morning, but had to jump it that night.  A board would fix it for a while.  There was a truck out there, so plenty of ice.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5650 on: Mar 17, 2015, 08:58 AM »
Thanks Pikie! I'll be trying to fish a little north of the public beach but hope to have access from where i normally get on.  Cheers.
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5651 on: Mar 17, 2015, 09:54 AM »
Access to Huddle is running out because of the damn town running the bubblers.  Ice was fine in the morning but had started to sag by the afternoon. About 8" water on top of the ice.  Won't be long before it breaks up.
I love clipboard man

Offline run320083

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5652 on: Mar 17, 2015, 10:09 AM »
Thanks for the update jon. was debating going up this afternoon maybe i will try another access point

Offline krazjon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5653 on: Mar 17, 2015, 10:35 AM »
Anything biting for anyone today?  My bucket is still rediculously empty :(
Jon Arnold

Offline perchinmybucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5654 on: Mar 17, 2015, 11:13 AM »
Bite is SLOW! Few perch nothing worth my bucket. Didn't mark a single laker. Moved around quite a bit.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5655 on: Mar 17, 2015, 12:07 PM »
The BP took a MAJOR crap in the last 24 hours, over .50", probably contributing to the poor bite (IMO)! Work just may have been the better option today!  ;D

Mike

Offline krazjon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5656 on: Mar 17, 2015, 12:15 PM »
The BP took a MAJOR crap in the last 24 hours, over .50", probably contributing to the poor bite (IMO)! Work just may have been the better option today!  ;D

Mike

NEVER!! (Unless your a professional fisherman or mammogramer) I didn't keep anything. Still better than work.
Jon Arnold

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5657 on: Mar 17, 2015, 01:06 PM »
I just put a post up on me handing out some tungstens  check if out  and get involved it's labeled "free tungstens, lake George access clean up!!!"

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5658 on: Mar 17, 2015, 06:17 PM »
hit hague today for about 5 hours. 15 tip ups had 5 flags and no taker lakers. 4 of us and one fishing perch only landed a 26 inch laker. missed some lakers jigging but a rather slow day. perch were small and not many keepers. the shore at the beach is starting to open up a little more when we came off had to jump it with the atv. a little ledge of ice makes it hard for the atv. other than that the ice seemed solid with about 15 inches or so. lots of small perch not many keepers.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5659 on: Mar 17, 2015, 08:00 PM »
Jager is there a specific site you use for barometric pressure forecasting? I can't find anything on NOAA..and i found a wind sports website that tells what the pressure is that day but i cannot find anything on forecasts..

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't feel my toes...
« Reply #5660 on: Mar 17, 2015, 08:23 PM »
I use Weatherunderground.com in "graph" format.  It lets you customize the graph to include things like cloud cover, pressure, dew point, etc.

Tight lines,
Bob

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5661 on: Mar 17, 2015, 09:01 PM »
Jager is there a specific site you use for barometric pressure forecasting? I can't find anything on NOAA..and i found a wind sports website that tells what the pressure is that day but i cannot find anything on forecasts..

Catch, I use the NOAA site which upon opening for the specific area, i.e. LG, under current conditions the BP is displayed and in very small lettering there is a link for "3 day history" which displays several meterologic indicators including BP on an hourly basis and you are able to see the previous 3 day trend showing you which way the BP is moving or, not all at all. 

Hope that helps!

MK

Offline krazjon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5662 on: Mar 18, 2015, 07:52 AM »
Huddle is done.

Vets is good. Went out on atv. 
Jon Arnold

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5663 on: Mar 18, 2015, 08:11 AM »
 :'( :'( >:( >:( thank you krazon  time for new spot to access.

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5664 on: Mar 18, 2015, 08:12 AM »

Offline fishmonger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5665 on: Mar 18, 2015, 11:24 AM »
Any news on access to the lake at Dunhams Bay?   thanks!
Meat is murder....tasty, tasty murder

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #5666 on: Mar 18, 2015, 11:29 AM »
Any news on access to the lake at Dunhams Bay?   thanks!

access there was ugly 3 weeks ago with big open spots, I would think its only gotten worse since.

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5667 on: Mar 18, 2015, 09:16 PM »

Offline Ammo5254

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5668 on: Mar 19, 2015, 03:29 AM »
How do you guys think the lake is looking for fri-sun?  My main access points are assembly pt and harris bay before the islands.  Not only am I asking if ice will be good but what about fishing with this little storm system moving on in?  My buddy wanted to know if he could still bring atv too lol.  Thanks!

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5669 on: Mar 19, 2015, 07:53 AM »
My access is still good. Someone had taken a side by side out the day befor me. There is still 14-15" of solid ice and thats the last spot that freezes on the lake.  If i had an atv i would still be using it.  I have a snowmobile and there is no lube left on the ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.