New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346808 times)

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #5130 on: Feb 12, 2015, 08:11 AM »
I saw one guy going out from vets on a quad on Tuesday.  This was early in the day, conditions deteriorated later (drifts and slush).

Offline pmac3

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5131 on: Feb 12, 2015, 08:41 AM »
Anyone been out around Hague?
Pete

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5132 on: Feb 12, 2015, 09:27 AM »
Did you fellas see any four wheelers out on the ice Tuesday or Wednesday?  Thanks
was out Wednesday and no quads to be heard.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5133 on: Feb 12, 2015, 09:30 AM »
How about snowmobiles?

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5134 on: Feb 12, 2015, 09:33 AM »
How about snowmobiles?
machines were out including DEC.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5135 on: Feb 12, 2015, 09:35 AM »
Thank you very much for the Intel! Looks like it's time to break out the Bearcat from its Cave!  :)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #5136 on: Feb 12, 2015, 10:43 AM »

Hopefully with Lake George Winter Carnival going on more snowmobilers will be out making trails. ???

Fishmon

« Reply #5137 on: Feb 12, 2015, 06:35 PM »
I drove from Hague down through Bolton today in pm and did not see a single person on the ice in northern basin.  Looks like some significant drifts out there and some definite slush areas.  Tough conditions to say the least.   :P

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5138 on: Feb 12, 2015, 07:27 PM »
Thank you very much for the Intel! Looks like it's time to break out the Bearcat from its Cave!  :)
No problem man

Offline flyfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5139 on: Feb 13, 2015, 10:39 AM »
Was out at Vets. Tuesday, saw a guy stuck on a wheeler.  He had to shovel a path to get going again.  Snow half way up his wheels.   slush was bad.

Offline rondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hudson River Salmon
« Reply #5140 on: Feb 13, 2015, 11:23 AM »
A friend drove down from Hague yesterday,there was no one at the Hague,2 trucks parked at Vets and 2 guys stuck with a 4x4 at Huddle.No one at the MDB.

Offline icepike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5141 on: Feb 13, 2015, 11:50 AM »
Hey guys, hoping to go out this weekend targeting pike on the lake and was thinking of trying Dunhams Bay. Can you park, walk across the street and legally access the bay without trespassing? Or if anyone had a better suggestion, that would be great. Thanks all. I will be on foot as well.

Offline Icefishin Wizz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lurker for Life
« Reply #5142 on: Feb 13, 2015, 01:06 PM »
There is a marina parking lot that guys use on the opposite side of the road from the lake. It may be a little snowed in at this time but with a 4x4 you should be able to manage. I park there and walk under the inlet bridge that is there. Check it carefully as sometimes it is unsafe under there. You can carry your stuff over the guard rails and down the bank to the ice also.

Offline icepike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5143 on: Feb 13, 2015, 01:29 PM »
Yeah that's the area I was wondering if you could park? Appreciate the response.
Do you know if there safe ice all the way out past the mouth?

Offline Icefishin Wizz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lurker for Life
« Reply #5144 on: Feb 13, 2015, 01:36 PM »
I won't make it up until next week but judging by the reports I expect that the south basin lake is safe overall for walking, sleds and quads. Maybe someone who has on the scene knowledge can confirm.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5145 on: Feb 13, 2015, 02:04 PM »
Steer clear of that little bridge at Dunham's guys!
I'll bet it opened right up there with the snow that fell.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline icepike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5146 on: Feb 13, 2015, 02:34 PM »
But crossing the road and getting on the west side of the bay is ok? I'm just not looking to trespass is all. If its an issue, i'll find another spot.

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5147 on: Feb 13, 2015, 04:12 PM »
I drove from Hague down through Bolton today in pm and did not see a single person on the ice in northern basin.  Looks like some significant drifts out there and some definite slush areas.  Tough conditions to say the least.   :P
I was out there opposite side of Hague on thursday with the snowmobile and flip over.  10 Keeper perch out of 40 and a 28" laker.  I have pics of laker but need to get them of the digital
 camera.  The slush spots were spotty and found them wherever holes were drilled before all the storm

Offline Icefishin Wizz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lurker for Life
« Reply #5148 on: Feb 13, 2015, 04:37 PM »
But crossing the road and getting on the west side of the bay is ok? I'm just not looking to trespass is all. If its an issue, i'll find another spot.

It's just a roadside right of way. No property issues. Kind of steep but not far. I've done it in and out.

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5149 on: Feb 13, 2015, 05:44 PM »
Just came off of HS.Road is plowed and in good shape.Theres fish there but would not go.And smelt.Very cold and 12in of ice. :unsure: :icefish:

Offline model8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5150 on: Feb 13, 2015, 07:04 PM »
Anyone ever tty for salmon or Lakers neat pilots knob only fished lake George a handful of times but wanted to try there any kind of 8 no would be greatly appreciated
jiffy model 30 the only ice auger because the bells and wissles wont  cut ice.

Offline Pickeralpicker91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5151 on: Feb 13, 2015, 07:19 PM »
Anyone ever tty for salmon or Lakers neat pilots knob only fished lake George a handful of times but wanted to try there any kind of 8 no would be greatly appreciated

Its a popular spot but can be ok at times.  Short walk to deep water is probably the best thing it has going for it at this time of year though.  I've never caught or seen a salmon caught out there but I'm sure someone has caught one just about everywhere on the lake at one point or another.

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5152 on: Feb 14, 2015, 05:19 AM »
Great week on the lake. :icefish:
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline perchslappinmy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5153 on: Feb 14, 2015, 04:02 PM »
Perch bite wasn't that great today, kept 40. Only had 3 lakers on today and lost 2 but the one I caught was a nice 31". Took awhile to get it in with the noodle rod. Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be with the wheelers. To me it was worse last winter. Took 8 bucks at the car wash to de-ice it though  :P

DEC was at Vets...nice fellas we shot the sh*t with them for awhile.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5154 on: Feb 14, 2015, 05:00 PM »
how was the walk?

Offline MJB518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5155 on: Feb 14, 2015, 07:31 PM »
The walk was better than the fishing. Put over 3 miles in today for squat. 3 small lakers. They were glued to the bottom.
As far as the walk. All the slushy areas I crossed today were frozen. Walking out on the main lake was bearable. Sometimes you stay on top of the snow, sometimes your sinking in 8-10".  My sled rode on top the while time. 

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5156 on: Feb 14, 2015, 09:25 PM »
The walk was better than the fishing. Put over 3 miles in today for squat. 3 small lakers. They were glued to the bottom.
As far as the walk. All the slushy areas I crossed today were frozen. Walking out on the main lake was bearable. Sometimes you stay on top of the snow, sometimes your sinking in 8-10".  My sled rode on top the while time.
That's great news! I practically killed myself the past few times out, but who hadn't.   :thumbsup: Hopefully the snow storm next weekend holds off.   :-\

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5157 on: Feb 14, 2015, 10:26 PM »

that is awesome. Thanks for the update. I will be up there monday.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5158 on: Feb 15, 2015, 04:11 AM »
That's great news! I practically killed myself the past few times out, but who hadn't.   :thumbsup: Hopefully the snow storm next weekend holds off.   :-\

Great update.  I'll be up this weekend! 

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5159 on: Feb 15, 2015, 06:03 AM »
Great week on the lake. :icefish:
(Image removed from quote.)
Yes it was a great time , I got my butt handed to me by you guys , but I didnt get a skunk , great lake and the and the mountains make a great back drop , do it again next year

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.