New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346848 times)

Offline lazymanfish

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #4560 on: Jan 24, 2015, 10:37 AM »
Amazing laker! What's the story behind the catch? Open water or ice?
Wow!!!!
Caught trolling in Lake Placid with downriggers.

Offline lazymanfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4561 on: Jan 24, 2015, 10:38 AM »
no ice fishing at lake placid-----so it was caught in open water
Yes caught trolling.. Placid is an awesome fishery..

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4562 on: Jan 24, 2015, 10:43 AM »
I had a good day for perch but I must vent alittle, IMO the people driving atv out on 5in of ice are just plain stupid. Saw a guy in atv pulling a shanty going out towards dome island where I was told there was 4in or less. Is it really worth the risk this early in the year. Lake has been froze for a week with new cracks opening up every day
I was out before daylight his morning and here come 4 wheelers toting 5 guys and equipment. They pull up to withing 25 - 30 feet of me and the lead guys asks me.................... ........... yup, you guessed it "how much ice is there"?  A little freakin late to be asking that now, ain't it dude????  Oyy!!!! ???
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4563 on: Jan 24, 2015, 10:50 AM »
Wow ....  that is one serious fish!!

Congrats!
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4564 on: Jan 24, 2015, 12:07 PM »
I was out before daylight his morning and here come 4 wheelers toting 5 guys and equipment. They pull up to withing 25 - 30 feet of me and the lead guys asks me.................... ........... yup, you guessed it "how much ice is there"?  A little freakin late to be asking that now, ain't it dude????  Oyy!!!! ???
We were out last season with the truck one day and had a groupt a sleds pull up and ask how much ice... had to tell them there was enough to hold up a truck because the weight was displaced between the 4 tires...but sleds better keep moving cause there wasn't enough ::)

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4565 on: Jan 24, 2015, 02:06 PM »
caught well over 200 perch today. Kept my 50 limit of the biggest ones. On the lake by 6:45am and off at 1:30.

got a 27" laker as well.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #4566 on: Jan 24, 2015, 02:45 PM »
caught well over 200 perch today. Kept my 50 limit of the biggest ones. On the lake by 6:45am and off at 1:30.

got a 27" laker as well.

nice fatty and way to kill them perch

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4567 on: Jan 24, 2015, 04:06 PM »

Tell them 2.5"
I love clipboard man

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4568 on: Jan 24, 2015, 04:27 PM »
Nice One Smokerrrrrr!!!

Offline bassinbrian_on_ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lakers are Fun !
« Reply #4569 on: Jan 24, 2015, 05:26 PM »
Nice bunch of perch & sweet laker SS !!!

__

Made my 1st trip to LG today and jigged up some lakers with a few a friends ... these 2 made the camera.  ;D

Fun day, beautiful weather, and a few "ice quakes" that rose the pucker factor  :o   HAHA

BB
Just passing time until spring Stripers !

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4570 on: Jan 24, 2015, 05:40 PM »
Nice lakers SS and Brian... I'll be at it first thing in the morning, hoping to have a couple camera worthy lakers myself.

PS, Brian that vx1 I bought from you years ago is still running on the same battery believe it or not, although I upgraded to a lx3tc this year
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline bassinbrian_on_ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lakers are Fun !
« Reply #4571 on: Jan 24, 2015, 05:45 PM »
Nice lakers SS and Brian... I'll be at it first thing in the morning, hoping to have a couple camera worthy lakers myself.

PS, Brian that vx1 I bought from you years ago is still running on the same battery believe it or not, although I upgraded to a lx3tc this year

Thanks Nate !!

Yeah that vx1 was a great machine to me too, glad to hear she's running fine  :thumbsup:
Just passing time until spring Stripers !

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4572 on: Jan 24, 2015, 05:57 PM »
thanks guys.

I was hammering the perch and then all of a sudden I saw they dove down into the grass away from my jig...at about 10ft I saw the laker. I reeled up to him, and then dropped the jig and he hammered it before he hit the bottom...It took about 25 minutes after for the perch to come back out. I have never caught a laker from LG with those colors tho. He was beautiful.

Brian, you got some nice lakers today. How many did you end up getting?

Offline Deandog12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4573 on: Jan 24, 2015, 05:59 PM »
Vets was packed today. Saw a lot of fish caught. Good day. Will be back in the am.

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4574 on: Jan 24, 2015, 06:02 PM »
This morning was aweful for marking lakers, afternoon got good. 

Offline lakerdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4575 on: Jan 24, 2015, 06:47 PM »
Nice fish guys

Offline fishboy899

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4576 on: Jan 24, 2015, 07:11 PM »
Fished vets again today for perch. A lot of dinks. Brought home 15 keepers and had another 10 or so that were marginal keepers that got left go, purple fireball tungsten jig did the trick for most of them today. Tons of people out. Anyone out today in laker territory off of vets today how is the pressure crack off the tip off crown? Headed out laker fishing in the morning if anyone wants to meet up.

JJ

« Reply #4577 on: Jan 24, 2015, 07:28 PM »
Lakers were feeding pretty good this morning for us, spitting up smelt. Had 3 beginners and they did a good job, but I lost track of the numbers of missed hits and lost fish, a couple were nice ones at the hole. Fished for 3 hours, they got cold and we called it a day.  ;D

Jigging with light rods and 6 lb Maxima line.

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4578 on: Jan 24, 2015, 07:33 PM »
Lakers, electronics and flourocarbon...

Do you ever think Lakers see the line jigging?  Or do they just realize its a chunk of metal or rubber they are chasing?

I use 8lb XT and other than tying one crappy knot the stuff is my favorite for lakers as of this season.  Just thought that after a little pressure flouro may help me..

Offline lazymanfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4579 on: Jan 24, 2015, 07:37 PM »
I like power pro when I'm in the shanty. Use 10lb floroclear for everything else. I don't think lakers are line shy but the floroclear is nice line.

Offline PSC13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4580 on: Jan 24, 2015, 07:41 PM »
The pressure ridge off crown looks bad but I crossed it without a problem and there were atvs crossing it. I just found the best looking spot and went for it.

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4581 on: Jan 24, 2015, 07:44 PM »
The one laker I got this morning had a stuffed gut.  Went looking for baitfish but nothing..

For some reason they just seemed to fire up between 12-2. 

Oh the de...t 20v ice auger could be the best ever!! 6" l...r bit cut 19-20 holes on one battery.. didn't even use up second battery.  6+ inches of ice

Offline IcemanADK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4582 on: Jan 24, 2015, 07:54 PM »
Anyone know if they were able to get the four wheeler out of Hague Bay before dark?
"As I grow older, I've come to suspect that I have got it backwards, and that life, at its best, is a metaphor for fishing and writing. Or perhaps neither side of any metaphor is finally dominant, the one inextricably tied to its contrasting likeness, no longer merely a point of comparison but yoked in a new existence to its other self."
Wayne Fields

Offline felix

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4583 on: Jan 24, 2015, 08:20 PM »
Caution! There is open water out in front of the boat launch in Hague. At 3:30 this aft. two four wheelers came across the lake heading towards the boat launch and the first guy drove straight into it. He said he couldn't see it because the sun was in his eyes. He made it out on his own no rescue needed. He then went home, put on dry clothes and came back with some come-alongs and a kayak. The rear tires were floating so he was able to get a rope tied to it. It took us about 1.5 hrs. to get it out. Had it out by 6:00

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #4584 on: Jan 24, 2015, 09:15 PM »
Beautiful pictures JJ.
Master Laker taker.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4585 on: Jan 25, 2015, 03:51 AM »
Caution! There is open water out in front of the boat launch in Hague. At 3:30 this aft. two four wheelers came across the lake heading towards the boat launch and the first guy drove straight into it. He said he couldn't see it because the sun was in his eyes. He made it out on his own no rescue needed. He then went home, put on dry clothes and came back with some come-alongs and a kayak. The rear tires were floating so he was able to get a rope tied to it. It took us about 1.5 hrs. to get it out. Had it out by 6:00

Good man.  Was going to head out this morning in the dark until I read this!  Thanks!!!

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4586 on: Jan 25, 2015, 03:52 AM »
fished out of vets yesterday am parking lot was packed before day light.bad pressure crackes all most slipped in one.lakers where3 slow at best.6in of ice.TC5 :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline striperman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4587 on: Jan 25, 2015, 04:53 AM »
 we were down the shore at vets bby the bay and for awhile it seemed the ice was gonna break apart.The crazy 4 wheelers were out in force driving everyone nuts.We were about a mile down the shore left of the access over 60' of water and had between 6 to 8 inches of ice.Landed 4 lakers in the 23 to 25" range All released
It's not how deep you fish,
Its how you wiggle your worm

Fishmon

« Reply #4588 on: Jan 25, 2015, 08:03 AM »
Nice pictures JJ.  I think we saw your group out there.  Lakers were really spitting up smelt.  Amazing how many they can eat and still bite.  We had a banner day except for the ice quake which made me wonder why we were out there. Landed and released a bunch.

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4589 on: Jan 25, 2015, 10:12 AM »
Bottom half of my auger... now at the bottom of LG. Also if anyone catches a 20lb pike with a tungsten perch jig in its mouth I'll take it back. What a day.  :%$#!:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.