New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346721 times)

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #4230 on: Jan 13, 2015, 08:21 PM »
ill let you know bud, im gonna see how things go the rest of the week. If the walleye are on at Oneida Thursday, and my laker spots are a no go on lake George I might go west again. But I might go wan some perch action too. man its tough. ill definitely let you know where I go the more the merrier.

I actually just texted you before I saw your reply. Either way, if you want company let me know. My one friend backed out on me for sunday and its going to be way to nice of weather to sit inside. I NEED to get out. I wouldnt mind some perch...or walleye.

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4231 on: Jan 13, 2015, 08:41 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong, but Id rather have someone with me that way if somebody went threw someone is there to help the other out. Like I said, maybe I'm wrong. ??? I'm scetchy when it come to thin ice and if I don't think its safe I won't go out. If the ice isnt 4 inches no thanks. I've been out on less than 3 and almost went threw in deep water. That has made me think twice.

Not wrong at all bud, that's what your comfortable with. It just gets old when people pass judgment and claim your cookoo for being the first out. Like said above those people are jealous and ignorant.  Reminds me of the lady saying " you'll shoot your eye out " in the Christmas story. Guess every one that owns a red Ryder bb gun shoots there eye out. And those guys on that ice claimed 4 inches.

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4232 on: Jan 13, 2015, 09:05 PM »
I have a strong respect for the ice since most of the time i fish in the northern basin up in hague and usually alone. no need to go out and fall through alone.. noone in my family ice fishes, so they all freak out when i go out on the ice anyways. Putting everyone at ease with the ice to weight ratio chart usually is a good move.

I agree.. 4-5" and i'm happy happy happy. any less and I'm scared to be lone wolf. I'll tell ya what though, when i do get a buddy with me, the confidence to travel all over the place and even access the lake in some sketchy spots goes up 10 fold. Nothing like fishing with a buddy. I met VTMike last year.. after trekking 30 mins across the lake to glen bernie it was nice to learn a bit and meet a bud.. Mike hope to see you and your father in law out there this year!

"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #4233 on: Jan 13, 2015, 09:29 PM »
Plenty of ice where I was today and hungry Perch too! ;D

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4234 on: Jan 14, 2015, 06:41 AM »
looking at the algonquin camera, it was wide open yesterday.

This morning, it looks like huddle bay completely locked up over night. I still see steam in the background from the big lake, so I take it that is still wide open.

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4235 on: Jan 14, 2015, 06:49 AM »
looking at the algonquin camera, it was wide open yesterday.

This morning, it looks like huddle bay completely locked up over night. I still see steam in the background from the big lake, so I take it that is still wide open.
I'd stay off Huddle for awhile yet.  It was looking good last Sunday, but it was tore up yesterday about 75 yards from shore andy beyond.  Just my two
cents worth. 

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4236 on: Jan 14, 2015, 06:56 AM »
I'd stay off Huddle for awhile yet.  It was looking good last Sunday, but it was tore up yesterday about 75 yards from shore andy beyond.  Just my two
cents worth.

yeah I saw it on video. However, if it is frozen right now, and looking at the next 4 day night forecast, that bay can have 5"+ of ice. Another -5* night tonight, with no wind. Followed by a 12* night, friday night -7 and saturday night 12*.

Maybe I am being to wishful, but things are looking very good. Was hoping to get out sunday.

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4237 on: Jan 14, 2015, 07:19 AM »
Totally agree.  It's going to happen this week.  I just wanted guys to realize that what looked good 3 days ago is all new ice.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4238 on: Jan 14, 2015, 07:31 AM »
Totally agree.  It's going to happen this week.  I just wanted guys to realize that what looked good 3 days ago is all new ice.

yup. New, black, snow free ice  ;D

Offline run320083

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4239 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:07 AM »
The cam looks very nice this morning. Be great to get back out there

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4240 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:21 AM »
Great news... The whole south basin is now locked up :clap:... Bad news giant sign and barricade in vets park no motorized vehicles. Town of Bolton is going to be hurting this winter... I myself will not spend a penny in the town... no gas or food for me they wont see a cent of my tax dollars >:D

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4241 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:26 AM »
Great news... The whole south basin is now locked up :clap:...
That's very great news! Thanks adktony  :thumbsup: :sick:

Offline run320083

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4242 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:27 AM »
Thanks Tony. So we can still access there correct just have to be on foot ?

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4243 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:42 AM »
Great news... The whole south basin is now locked up :clap:... Bad news giant sign and barricade in vets park no motorized vehicles. Town of Bolton is going to be hurting this winter... I myself will not spend a penny in the town... no gas or food for me they wont see a cent of my tax dollars >:D
I was hoping that was just a dirty rumor.
I'm glad I don't mind walking and certainly would love to have more of that area to myself. We all would, but it seems crazy of them to do such a thing.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #4244 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:43 AM »
Great news... The whole south basin is now locked up :clap:... Bad news giant sign and barricade in vets park no motorized vehicles.

Just got off the phone with the town of Bolton.   According to Ron Conover, Bolton town supervisor, that only applies to summer time.   We had a good conversation.   He did say that he is concerned about how some people are cutting around the play area and through the main part of the lawn when it gets warm, tearing up the grass.   As long as we stay on the path all the way down the lake, we are good to go with machines once the ice gets thick enough.   As we were speaking, he sent one of his guys to take the sign down.   

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4245 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:46 AM »
Now we all just need to keep up on DEC so the neighbor doesn't shoot his ice eaters at the access.
I love clipboard man

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4246 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:47 AM »
Good work red!!!

Offline ADK11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4247 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:49 AM »
So far what is fish able down that way? Still bay? Basin or boon?
Loving the Adirondacks.

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4248 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:50 AM »
Forgive me but does the South Basin contain everything south of the narrows? 

OMG OMG where to fish this weekend!@!

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4249 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:52 AM »
that is great new Lance... Mike just drove up and saw the barricade still there and took a picture of it

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4250 on: Jan 14, 2015, 10:04 AM »
that is great new Lance... Mike just drove up and saw the barricade still there and took a picture of it

Have to be patient. You ever known village or town workers or even county workers to be fast about doing there job. Lol just busting

JJ

« Reply #4251 on: Jan 14, 2015, 10:07 AM »
The barricade gets moved every year, it's just there to keep people from launching boats. They're probably on lunch break.  ;D

Offline rondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hudson River Salmon
« Reply #4252 on: Jan 14, 2015, 10:28 AM »
Lance
Good Job !!

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4253 on: Jan 14, 2015, 10:35 AM »
Yes everything south of the narrows is generally referred to as the South Basin......couple of guys were fishing of MDB this morning....

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #4254 on: Jan 14, 2015, 10:49 AM »
One of these weekends I'll get up there.....
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4255 on: Jan 14, 2015, 11:11 AM »
feeling like a school girl waiting for her first date right now. im giddy. ill be out Saturday not sure where but if you see some crazy sob spudding is way out to find laker waters its probably going to be me.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4256 on: Jan 14, 2015, 11:15 AM »
feeling like a school girl waiting for her first date right now. im giddy. ill be out Saturday not sure where but if you see some crazy sob spudding is way out to find laker waters its probably going to be me.
I'm freaking out at work in my little office. I can't concentrate on anything long enough to be productive so I'm here farting around.  :P
All I can see are racing red lines on my flasher and me setting a hook over and over again. Like groundhog day.
My weekend can't get here fast enough.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #4257 on: Jan 14, 2015, 11:17 AM »

There will be plenty of tracks to follow by then  ;)

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4258 on: Jan 14, 2015, 11:19 AM »
I'm freaking out at work in my little office. I can't concentrate on anything long enough to be productive so I'm here farting around.  :P
All I can see are racing red lines on my flasher and me setting a hook over and over again. Like groundhog day.
My weekend can't get here fast enough.

I'm here for therapy as well.  I can't call in sick this Friday..

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4259 on: Jan 14, 2015, 11:58 AM »
okay so here is an update on the King. just drove from million dollar beach to Rogers rock. the whole south end is locked up with the exception of the southwest half of NW BAY which is sketchy. from the narrows north to Arcady bay below Hague is frozen. from Arcady bay to Rogers rock is about 50/50. lotta open water in front of Rogers Rock .
now let's hop it holds!
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.