New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346780 times)

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #3660 on: Mar 05, 2014, 06:30 PM »
got a few lakers today in perch country in Huddle on perch jig's. Only 1 perch. Only fished from 1:30 until 5. Wind was brutal with the snow.

Offline butch76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3661 on: Mar 06, 2014, 07:16 AM »
Finally going to get up to LG next Monday for the first time in a couple years, probably going to go out from Bolton somewhere.  Not sure if I want to try for lakers or perch yet, maybe both.  Just hoping to have some luck and enjoy a nice day out.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3662 on: Mar 06, 2014, 08:08 AM »
OK This may sound like a stupid question for all you LG laker guys, but how and why is there so many lakers in LG???

Offline Klwkustoms

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3663 on: Mar 06, 2014, 09:03 AM »
Does anyone know if northwest bay can be accessed from the northern end where there supposely is "car top" boat access to the islands? Great meeting TC5 a couple weeks back.... Thanks for the tips....

Offline butch76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3664 on: Mar 06, 2014, 09:17 AM »
The car top launch in NW bay is up Northwest Bay Brook and is quite a ways from the lake itself, not feasible for accessing the lake during the winter.

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3665 on: Mar 06, 2014, 09:27 AM »
OK This may sound like a stupid question for all you LG laker guys, but how and why is there so many lakers in LG???
Tremendous amount of smelt and a 23" minimum creel length.  That's my best guess.
A bent rod is a good rod!

Offline Klwkustoms

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3666 on: Mar 06, 2014, 10:27 AM »
Thanks butch for the info. Is the ice out of vets still brutal for walkers? 3 weeks ago i had a heck of a time pulling through the slush and snow. Planning on bringing my 5 year old daughter on Friday... She's been begging to go all year since I took her this time last year.... Just want to keep her hooked like her pops.. :thumbsup: thanks guys.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3667 on: Mar 06, 2014, 10:30 AM »
Thanks butch for the info. Is the ice out of vets still brutal for walkers? 3 weeks ago i had a heck of a time pulling through the slush and snow. Planning on bringing my 5 year old daughter on Friday... She's been begging to go all year since I took her this time last year.... Just want to keep her hooked like her pops.. :thumbsup: thanks guys.

It's all locked up solid and no slush at all  ....  BUT ..... all of the tracks from walkers, atv's and snowmobiles are frozen solid and it's tough walking until you get away from that ..... bring creepers for sure!
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline lakerdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3668 on: Mar 06, 2014, 04:39 PM »
Ice is good at vets just bumpy and slippery.  No slush . The ice is about 20 inches or so . I got one nice fat laker probably around 5-6 pounds .

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3669 on: Mar 06, 2014, 05:24 PM »
fished a couple of hours off of pilot knob.no trout but there was a couple out there i was looking for some ciscoes.nice conditions.back out in the am some where any suggestions. :icefish:

Offline lakerdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3670 on: Mar 06, 2014, 06:21 PM »
Slow bite for me today . Only had 3 chasers   all day .

Offline felix

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3671 on: Mar 06, 2014, 07:34 PM »
Slow bite for me today . Only had 3 chasers   all day .

Same for me. landed 1- 22", missed 2, one other chaser and had about 5 lookers that wouldn't chase. Out of Hague 6:30 am-6:00pm. Had the place all to myself.

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #3672 on: Mar 07, 2014, 06:40 AM »
ill be on vets saturday morning with a whole crew find me and say hi if you want

Offline lakerdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3673 on: Mar 07, 2014, 06:48 AM »
I seen a pickup truck out over the middle of the lake in the deep water.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3674 on: Mar 07, 2014, 06:56 AM »
I seen a pickup truck out over the middle of the lake in the deep water.

I am sooooo tempted to drive out   :o   ....    there has to be from 14 to 20 inches of ice everywhere on the whole lake.

I was on the one of the last spots to freeze and it was at least 14 inches ..... sure would be nice to drive out instead of pulling my sled over a mile  ;D
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3675 on: Mar 07, 2014, 07:04 AM »
I am sooooo tempted to drive out   :o   ....    there has to be from 14 to 20 inches of ice everywhere on the whole lake.

I was on the one of the last spots to freeze and it was at least 14 inches ..... sure would be nice to drive out instead of pulling my sled over a mile  ;D

My buddy measured 18" last weekend on the outside of Dome island.

On the inside we measured 20"......

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3676 on: Mar 07, 2014, 07:39 AM »
ill be on vets saturday morning with a whole crew find me and say hi if you want
can I fish your  hole lol

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3677 on: Mar 07, 2014, 08:30 AM »

I saw a few trucks out on LG yesterday.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #3678 on: Mar 07, 2014, 08:55 AM »
I will be driving my car out there sunday

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3679 on: Mar 07, 2014, 09:30 AM »

Let me know. My buddy is thinking the same thing. A little nervous about it.

Offline pieman1998

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • just have to ice fish
« Reply #3680 on: Mar 07, 2014, 10:01 AM »
i'm taking 4 wheeler satday

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3681 on: Mar 07, 2014, 10:29 AM »
I have seen a few trucks out there lately. They dont seem to be having any issues. Lots of ice!

Offline ice tripper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ice tripping all over the capital region for 30yrs
« Reply #3682 on: Mar 07, 2014, 10:47 AM »
I have seen a few trucks out there lately. They dont seem to be having any issues. Lots of ice!
X2 ;D @) ;D @)

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #3683 on: Mar 07, 2014, 12:33 PM »
Had my truck over about 95 feet of water drove out from million dollar beach to about even with tea island just be safe and smart to slow stop and check the ice here and there you'll be alright

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3684 on: Mar 07, 2014, 12:52 PM »
tc 5 and i had his truck off fort ann beach yesterday,lots of ice.
help protect and keep our great outdoors clean!

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3685 on: Mar 07, 2014, 01:47 PM »
hey I be out there too with my crew maybe we can make a small bet with the crew lol

Offline redshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3686 on: Mar 07, 2014, 02:09 PM »
Had my truck over about 95 feet of water drove out from million dollar beach to about even with tea island just be safe and smart to slow stop and check the ice here and there you'll be alright
Did you have to cross any pressure ridges?  Was thinking of trying to drive to Warner Bay in the morn.  Bringing the wheeler just in case but would rather just drive the truck and not have to load/unload. 

Offline redshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3687 on: Mar 07, 2014, 02:11 PM »
Guess I screwed up my last post.  I was trying to find out if there were many pressure ridges out around the south basin.  I was thinking of driving my truck out from the Million Dollar beach up to Warner Bay.  I am sure there is plenty of ice on most of the lake but the king scares me with the ridges. 

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3688 on: Mar 07, 2014, 02:11 PM »
had my truck off fort ann beach yesterday.20 in of ice plus.there was at least 5 other trucks out there.a body of mine pwho grew up on the lake says theres a good current off of montcalm point.be careful.out in the am some where any suggestion.looking for lakers. :icefish:

Offline redshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3689 on: Mar 07, 2014, 02:22 PM »
Thanks.  A buddy of mine told me to go off of Ft Anne Beach and double back to the bay.  We will see.  You asked about Lakers, we hammered them right off the north point of Long Island last year.  I haven't made it out there this year as I am still looking for that first limit of jack perch.  Will be running some tip ups in Warners but we normally go abit deeper for our lakers.  If you were off Ft Anne beach you were in right area....normally..... 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.