New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346806 times)

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #3330 on: Feb 14, 2014, 04:33 AM »
jj your confusing to many people on this thread. :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #3331 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:46 AM »
Big question from us out of towners...what was the grand total snowfall  you local Lake Georgians ended up with from this storm ?
*REMOVED*

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3332 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:59 AM »
Big question from us out of towners...what was the grand total snowfall  you local Lake Georgians ended up with from this storm ?
just measured about a ft at the shop. and still coming...
They bite well before the snow too... Think they are ready to run the backwaters of dunhams!!!  ;D

And ppl think lake George perch are good eating wait till they get one of those nice eyes out of there...

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #3333 on: Feb 14, 2014, 06:15 AM »
just measured about a ft at the shop. and still coming...

Thank you ....    Hope the snowmobilers use this  to there advantage and ride like crazy today ....  Preferably from Harris bay to f.a.b.
*REMOVED*

Offline SnotCicle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3334 on: Feb 14, 2014, 06:20 AM »
Hey, wheres the best place to catch eyes on the King? What do you like to use...tip-ups or jigs. Not looking for your honey holes or GPS or anything!!  ;D Ha...I love this thread.
Stay Frosty

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3335 on: Feb 14, 2014, 08:07 AM »
I've found that, most walleye fisherman are ice fishing for them in open water.. they hover on top of the water and ring the doorbell and they fly right up...any lure works.. just look for open water.
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

JJ

« Reply #3336 on: Feb 14, 2014, 10:16 AM »

Around 8" maybe a little more, tough to tell exactly how much with the drifts. Snow is heavier than the last storm so it didn't pile up so high.

JJ

« Reply #3337 on: Feb 14, 2014, 10:18 AM »
The biggest LG perch I've seen was caught on a crayfish on a bass charter, and it looked like a walleye in the water, close to 16".

Offline DShooo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3338 on: Feb 14, 2014, 10:32 AM »
I have to say that I have envied the Ice Gods on this site for many years.  I have enjoyed all the banter, stories and tips.  I guess most would consider me a lurker, but I find that I do not have the time to fish and fish effectively.  Therefore...not really much to add.  There was a time when my kids were young, we were out there all the time....but such as life and its circumstances will be....my free time has slowly disapeared.  This year is a bit different though.  I have MADE TIME and it is paying off with bigger and more consistant catches of perch.  I have attempted the laker thing you all are hyping up and haven't quite figured it out.  Had a few losses at the hole...but I have a rare two day stretch open on Sunday and Monday where I can hunt and figure out a pattern at last.  Thanks to all you regulars who have convinced me to move around.  I have been a staunch tip up man for 20 years and I have been converted.  Stay safe
I'd rather be fishing...

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
« Reply #3339 on: Feb 14, 2014, 10:45 AM »
I have to say that I have envied the Ice Gods on this site for many years.  I have enjoyed all the banter, stories and tips.  I guess most would consider me a lurker, but I find that I do not have the time to fish and fish effectively.  Therefore...not really much to add.  There was a time when my kids were young, we were out there all the time....but such as life and its circumstances will be....my free time has slowly disapeared.  This year is a bit different though.  I have MADE TIME and it is paying off with bigger and more consistant catches of perch.  I have attempted the laker thing you all are hyping up and haven't quite figured it out.  Had a few losses at the hole...but I have a rare two day stretch open on Sunday and Monday where I can hunt and figure out a pattern at last.  Thanks to all you regulars who have convinced me to move around.  I have been a staunch tip up man for 20 years and I have been converted.  Stay safe

Glad to hear you're making time to get out and having success. Need to keep moving though, that makes all the difference.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3340 on: Feb 14, 2014, 10:53 AM »
ANybody out on the ice out of vet's today with a smartphone?    If so any snowmobile tracks headed out to deep water?  I have a couple friends coming in from out of town and need to decide whether we can make it out or tomorrow or if we shiould postpone  >:(
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3341 on: Feb 14, 2014, 01:17 PM »
They bite well before the snow too... Think they are ready to run the backwaters of dunhams!!!  ;D

Why do you blur out the backgrounds? I use them to find spots to fish!  ;D
I love clipboard man

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #3342 on: Feb 14, 2014, 01:24 PM »
Why do you blur out the backgrounds? I use them to find spots to fish!  ;D

he didn't want the Minne-Ha-Ha distracting people from those nice walleyes.

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3343 on: Feb 14, 2014, 02:49 PM »
That's whatcha call a white out!!!  The snow blurred out the lodge in the background.  ::)

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3344 on: Feb 14, 2014, 03:42 PM »
When drilling holes today the water really came up and out of the hole and surrounded the area pretty heavily.. is this because of the load of snow on top pushing the buoyant ice down and the water being pushed up through the hole? Just wondering, I've never really seen that. It was kind of amazing watching water basically run on top of the snow and eventually form a little water stream.

Steve
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

JJ

« Reply #3345 on: Feb 14, 2014, 04:33 PM »
Yes, from the weight of the snow. Was wondering if you got out today.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3346 on: Feb 14, 2014, 04:38 PM »
When drilling holes today the water really came up and out of the hole and surrounded the area pretty heavily.. is this because of the load of snow on top pushing the buoyant ice down and the water being pushed up through the hole?

Steve
              OH, wonderful. ::)

Offline dollartrifecta

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3347 on: Feb 14, 2014, 04:45 PM »
Is it worth fishing if your area will flood?

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3348 on: Feb 14, 2014, 04:49 PM »
I was out today too, and water is pushing up probably two inches. Just don't clean away the snow and its not too bad, there is enough snow to soak up a lot of the water.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3349 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:40 PM »
greeeeeeat. slushy day tomorrow. At least my buddies coming with a snowmobile so I wont have to walk out.

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3350 on: Feb 14, 2014, 06:41 PM »
I was out today too, and water is pushing up probably two inches. Just don't clean away the snow and its not too bad, there is enough snow to soak up a lot of the water.

That's gonna be the trick. More you move near the hole. the wetter it gets.

Offline icefanatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3351 on: Feb 14, 2014, 07:37 PM »
How much snow you guys get.  Just wondering if I should waste my time with the wheeler tomorrow?

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3352 on: Feb 14, 2014, 07:42 PM »
Don't bother with a wheeler there was at least 10 inches of heavy snow everywhere I was today and it is going to get slushy. Had my sled out and when I got within 200 yards of a bunch of docks with bubblers also had 3-4 inches of slush. No slush yet once you get away from shore.

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
« Reply #3353 on: Feb 15, 2014, 09:36 AM »
he didn't want the Minne-Ha-Ha distracting people from those nice walleyes.

:clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline P Merrill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3354 on: Feb 15, 2014, 09:58 AM »
Want to get out Sunday, but would like to know if I can get out with my ATV........anyone who's out at Vets please let me know what you think.

Offline dollartrifecta

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3355 on: Feb 15, 2014, 11:28 AM »
I'm at vets now , I've seen wheelers riding around, they are not breaking any speed records though

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3356 on: Feb 15, 2014, 11:34 AM »
I'm at vets now , I've seen wheelers riding around, they are not breaking any speed records though

are there snowmobile paths out to deep water>>    ???
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline P Merrill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3357 on: Feb 15, 2014, 11:41 AM »
Good news for wheeler users!

Offline dollartrifecta

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3358 on: Feb 15, 2014, 12:39 PM »
are there snowmobile paths out to deep water>>    ???

Yea but still tough walking.  We didnt make it far.  In 27 ft of water.   

Tried katskill bay earlier on some new access, went thru in about 4 ft of water. Not a good start to day

Offline shakedownstreet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3359 on: Feb 15, 2014, 12:43 PM »
Yea but still tough walking.  We didnt make it far.  In 27 ft of water.   

Tried katskill bay earlier on some new access, went thru in about 4 ft of water. Not a good start to day

Wow..Glad you made it out. Hate hearing of guys going in. I know I don't want to.
"Talk about your plenty, talk about your ills,
One man gathers what another man spills."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.