New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346697 times)

Offline Pickeralpicker91

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #3030 on: Feb 07, 2014, 09:02 PM »
Not at all, I've had a$$ hats that say "I'm going though he won't mind" while I was standing there and they give people a bad name so when I can promote the 95% of us (use to be 99%) that are good people I always do. The problem is that the people who do not respect property seem to be growing.

I've noticed the lack of respect too.  It is sad and I feel legitimately bad for the homeowners like you who have to put up with it.  Personally I'd rather walk three miles on the ice and I'd never cut through anyone's property but every time I go to the king I see loads of  trucks parked on the side of the road in front of houses who obviously don't live there.

Offline mazdaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3031 on: Feb 07, 2014, 09:05 PM »
Planning on hitting PK in the AM.  Walking/dragging.....so prob not going out too far.   Have had some luck all around PK so far this season.  Good luck all. :tipup:

Offline Bassman12804

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3032 on: Feb 07, 2014, 09:06 PM »
Its not even the cutting through that bothers me, really. Its when 4 or 5 vehicles park directly in our driveway! Some people!

Offline icedpapermouth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3033 on: Feb 07, 2014, 09:10 PM »
I have been talking with some locals down my way about access on all of the small waters around here. They always say "ahhh, park at this spot nobody will bother you." That might have been the norm back in the day but things have changed, as we all know. That still might work fine for them, but I cannot bring myself to park on someone's land without permission. If I was to ask and they say "no" that is fine, they pay their taxes or their slice of heaven.

I wish I could head out tomorrow, but I gotta watch the youngsters whilethe wife is working.

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3034 on: Feb 07, 2014, 09:16 PM »
Its not even the cutting through that bothers me, really. Its when 4 or 5 vehicles park directly in our driveway! Some people!

And stuff like this should not happen I understand people's feeling about not wanting to ask because  "what if they say no" but to the flip side this leads to "there ain't no way in heck".

Offline Pickeralpicker91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3035 on: Feb 07, 2014, 09:17 PM »
I'm seriously considering it but the drag might kill me.   I'll pretty much be hauling a sled with nothing but a power auger in it for hole hoping if I do make it out.

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #3036 on: Feb 07, 2014, 09:29 PM »
And stuff like this should not happen I understand people's feeling about not wanting to ask because  "what if they say no" but to the flip side this leads to "there ain't no way in heck".
Mentiply, Thanks for your post.  It's good to hear you let respectable fisherman who ask cross your property.  The lack of SAFE public access on this lake diminishes by the year.  At Diamond it looks like guys are literally taking their lives into their own hands.  There are two bubblers and a pressure ridge and a trail only about a sled or two wide to get out onto the ice.  I'd like to know who the brave souls are getting on there-spud or no spud. 

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3037 on: Feb 07, 2014, 09:34 PM »
Mentiply, Thanks for your post.  It's good to hear you let respectable fisherman who ask cross your property.  The lack of SAFE public access on this lake diminishes by the year.  At Diamond it looks like guys are literally taking their lives into their own hands.  There are two bubblers and a pressure ridge and a trail only about a sled or two wide to get out onto the ice.  I'd like to know who the brave souls are getting on there-spud or no spud.

If we don't work together we all loose.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3038 on: Feb 07, 2014, 09:47 PM »
anyone who has respect for someone else, their property and their belongings would knock on the door and polity ask the home owner.

That being said, its usually the ones who are careless who park in peoples driveways, on their property or walk across their property without talking to the home owners first.....and what I have come to notice is, its usually those people who carry in their garbage, but do not carry it out.

Offline grizz 243

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3039 on: Feb 07, 2014, 11:47 PM »
Hey,
Is anyone having any luck on lake George's perch? Haven't made a trip up yet but am checking on the bite.
Thanks,
Grizz
Fish ON!

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3040 on: Feb 08, 2014, 12:53 AM »
Go into the new york R & C board and you will get like 30 pages of wonderful information...there is also a Lake George BS thread that has chock full of info ...welcome to the shanty

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3041 on: Feb 08, 2014, 03:39 AM »
Driving up now. If anyone sees this in the next half hour or so how was the drag out of vets? Cant decide where I want to go.

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3042 on: Feb 08, 2014, 03:46 AM »
alot have been getting thier limit off vets and other bays. the bite has been good.
help protect and keep our great outdoors clean!

Offline Icemark247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3043 on: Feb 08, 2014, 04:48 AM »
Less then a week till im up there! Got my gear ready. Wish i had a vex or showdown to help me mark the fish ah oh well just cant wait to hopefully catch my first laker ever!
Hard Water Addict
FISH ON!!!!

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #3044 on: Feb 08, 2014, 05:06 AM »
Headed out the door.  Good luck men!

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #3045 on: Feb 08, 2014, 06:16 AM »
Just getting out of work I'm on my way lol
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3046 on: Feb 08, 2014, 08:40 AM »
Drag out was a pia. 1 so far.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3047 on: Feb 08, 2014, 08:42 AM »
I gotta work.  >:(  Hate you guys!  ;D

MK

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #3048 on: Feb 08, 2014, 09:18 AM »
When you heading back up mike
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #3049 on: Feb 08, 2014, 09:21 AM »
Are you fishing where we were last weekend? Going to be there tomorrow?
Dream Catcher

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3050 on: Feb 08, 2014, 09:40 AM »

Going up to dig out the camp tomorrow and fish a bit on IL. Will be hitting the King on Monday however for the day and then back home.

Not sure yet where to go Mike.  Most likely the same area. Like to see how guys made out with wheelers out there first.

MK

Offline pfd5623sg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Dont eat the yellow snow... or ice... lmao
« Reply #3051 on: Feb 08, 2014, 10:19 AM »
Going up to dig out the camp tomorrow and fish a bit on IL. Will be hitting the King on Monday however for the day and then back home.

Not sure yet where to go Mike.  Most likely the same area. Like to see how guys made out with wheelers out there first.

MK

Good luck mike hope the snow isn't too bad... be careful not to hurt your jigging arm shoveling lol...  ;D

Offline grizz 243

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3052 on: Feb 08, 2014, 11:02 AM »
Thanks for your help.
Grizz
Fish ON!

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #3053 on: Feb 08, 2014, 03:33 PM »
Going to a bay up in the North Basin tomorrow. Can`t say which one. ::)
Master Laker taker.

JJ

« Reply #3054 on: Feb 08, 2014, 04:08 PM »
Beautiful day on the lake today, sunny with light winds even though it was a bit cold, especially early in the morning. Matt and Eric come up from NYC to ice fish every winter when the ice is good enough. They caught several lakers jigging and a couple, including the biggest, on tip-ups.

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3055 on: Feb 08, 2014, 04:14 PM »
Nice fish mate! .. FIshed the morning with VT Mike and his father in law joe. Great guys.. Enjoyed their company and i enjoyed watching Joe catch a laker not using electronics while mike had 3 or 4 fish near his marcum  not getting much action lol! j/k mike.. had fun with you guys. thanks for showing me blairs bay! hope you did better after i left.

"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #3056 on: Feb 08, 2014, 04:36 PM »
Looks like it was a good day out there. I'll be up there in am. :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3057 on: Feb 08, 2014, 05:17 PM »

MK

We took two wheelers out of Fort Anne beach today and had absolutely no problems
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3058 on: Feb 08, 2014, 05:19 PM »
Did anyone try off vets? How was that pressure ridge beyond green island?

Offline Joecotton

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3059 on: Feb 08, 2014, 06:23 PM »
Has anyone caught decent perch lately?  I've been out several times in the last few years and caught nothing but dinks.  Not asking where or even how.  I'd just like to know if anyone has done well with the jumbos we used to get from time to time.  I'll be taking a friend out soon, and I'd love for her to get into some nice fatties. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.