New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346835 times)

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #2760 on: Feb 03, 2014, 02:55 PM »
Inflated numbers.    Yup.  Your right that puts your 7 at a true 2 ?     Sorry that you can't get good numbers so that means other people can't.     I have seen first hand Jon ny and icewander hit double digets and I'm feet away with only 2 for the day      Presentation is key   Finding the right water is something to not all of the lake holds good number of fish.     My 27 incher only weighed 6 lbs on my scale

No it remains Seven.  I'm doing a lot of smiling while I type FYI.  I'm not trying to be cocky except the Whitehall comment.

Meet me at FAB I'll let you use my flasher.  Presentation is not key whatsoever.  We took a guy out for his first time on his flasher and he had three before the rest of us (3 other guys with flashers).  He kept saying presentation was key LOL..  He had no clue except get a laker to chase the bait.  Lakers seem dumb to me.  They will eat anything they can chase down first. 

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #2761 on: Feb 03, 2014, 02:58 PM »
Lakers seem dumb to me.  They will eat anything they can chase down first.

Dead on.   btw, did you see the crap I got for saying some of us caught 10+ lakers at schroon?? lol  Same people who complained are only catching 4 or 5 at a time at Lake George.   Makes sense.   @)

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2762 on: Feb 03, 2014, 02:58 PM »
I sure hope you're not talking about me with inflated numbers. Look back at my posts you can see that I had plenty of days with skunk on the lake. I've been studying this thread and fishing every free chance I get I and this phone s the first day that I've got this many fish. Here's a little tip I notice a lot of guys on this thread talking about chasers I'm guilty of it also. All the fish that I caught today only 5 were chasing.these guys are right when they say it's all about the presentation. I foguered something out today that worked. Ps just dumped number 28 at the hole and have  as far as I can see on the lake to my self. Easterncentral I'm gonna pm you when I get home.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #2763 on: Feb 03, 2014, 03:02 PM »
just dumped number 28 at the hole and have  as far as I can see on the lake to my self.

thats what its all about buddy!!!  Keep it going.   30 is in view!   

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #2764 on: Feb 03, 2014, 03:08 PM »
Try some where other then fab.    And if there go for a long walk.   Or take a wheeler.   There are some places on the lake that get little pressure and hold good numbers of fish. 
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2765 on: Feb 03, 2014, 03:11 PM »
Out there now. Most unbelievable ice foshong I have ever experienced.  23 lakers. 14 in the last hour.

I hate you

Offline icedpapermouth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2766 on: Feb 03, 2014, 03:14 PM »
I wonder if a ten fish day is even possible without electronics? I had my best trout day ever with 7 iced yesterday at the spot.  Before that I was very happy with a 2-4 fish day.  I also believe there is some inflated numbers especially with sizes.  I guy from work said he got a 8 lber.  It was only 24". Maybe..  Same with bass fishing everybody has caught a five pounder LOL.  Next guy that tells me he caught a five pounder my response will be ya right.  I only trust serious fisherman now.
There was a  supposed 23.5 incher posted here with a pic and I don't buy it for a second.

I have caught multiple 5 lb+ bass in one day.  ;)  ;) Not through the ice......... I am surprised none of the other serious fisherman went after that one! Keep up the good work on the lakers guys!

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2767 on: Feb 03, 2014, 03:15 PM »
I wonder if a ten fish day is even possible without electronics? I had my best trout day ever with 7 iced yesterday at the spot.  Before that I was very happy with a 2-4 fish day.  I also believe there is some inflated numbers especially with sizes.  I guy from work said he got a 8 lber.  It was only 24". Maybe..  Same with bass fishing everybody has caught a five pounder LOL.  Next guy that tells me he caught a five pounder my response will be ya right.  I only trust serious fisherman now.
There was a  supposed 23.5 incher posted here with a pic and I don't buy it for a second.

I caught 16 largemouth's over 6lbs this year and 4 were over 7lbs. Believe me??  ;D  Because you should  ;) ;)

http://www.bbcboards.net/braggin-board/422001-sum-up-my-2013-season-upstate-ny-warning-lots-big-fish.html

5lbers I didnt even keep track of, but if I had to guess, I had well over 30 this season. People who know me/fish with me know I am not a liar. I have a high quality digital scale and weigh every fish I think is over 5lbs.

Nice meeting you on the ice yesterday as well. I mind my own business out on the ice and try to do my own thing so it was nice to actually talk to someone about jigging lakers.

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2768 on: Feb 03, 2014, 03:34 PM »
Lakers are funny, some days they will hit a sounder on the way down, some days you have to throw everything you have at them.  I'm jealous of you guys that can get out so much, between work and other commitments, Saturday's are my only time to get out.  Good job and good luck, I'll be back Saturday.
A bent rod is a good rod!

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #2769 on: Feb 03, 2014, 03:49 PM »
Those were some nice bass.    Wow.  That's one fish I'm not good at catching.    And I even fish some of the same lakes.   All this talk of lakers makes me want to go straight out from work in the morning        Sleeps over rated anyways.
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #2770 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:01 PM »
I don't doubt you guys one bit I know you put up good numbers.. I am jealous I'll admit it.. But it just seems like I would produce some once in a while... Do you know how many pages of junk I went through reading up on tips jigs techniques anything that has to do with them... We were getting them to bite they would chase it 20-30 feet hit it and then they were gone.. I was using a flasher today my buddy helped me out... All I really want is to get out with someone once just to see how it's done on a few and I feel like I could slay them.. I am an intense fisherman when I go fishing I go all out I drilled maybe 35 40 holes

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2771 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:08 PM »
I sure hope you're not talking about me with inflated numbers. Look back at my posts you can see that I had plenty of days with skunk on the lake. I've been studying this thread and fishing every free chance I get I and this phone s the first day that I've got this many fish. Here's a little tip I notice a lot of guys on this thread talking about chasers I'm guilty of it also. All the fish that I caught today only 5 were chasing.these guys are right when they say it's all about the presentation. I foguered something out today that worked. Ps just dumped number 28 at the hole and have  as far as I can see on the lake to my self. Easterncentral I'm gonna pm you when I get home.

I believe most fisherman until they give me a reason not to.  I just started laker fishing this year and love it.  I think I have a good eye for sizing one up.. That's all.  I forgot this IS a BS thread

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2772 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:11 PM »
Who wants to talk about jigging with a flasher vs tipups.

I may have some tipups for sale ;)

Offline icedpapermouth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2773 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:16 PM »
I caught 16 largemouth's over 6lbs this year and 4 were over 7lbs. Believe me??  ;D  Because you should  ;) ;)

http://www.bbcboards.net/braggin-board/422001-sum-up-my-2013-season-upstate-ny-warning-lots-big-fish.html

5lbers I didnt even keep track of, but if I had to guess, I had well over 30 this season. People who know me/fish with me know I am not a liar. I have a high quality digital scale and weigh every fish I think is over 5lbs.

Nice fish!!! Stellar year!!

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2774 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:18 PM »
alright, I'll jump in and throw out on more comment relative to the southbay/whitehall talk and then this can be back to lg bs 24-7. Whoever made the comment about someone chasing them around South bay trying to hone in on their fishing spots.....I'll go out on a limb and say it wasn't a local. Everyone up here has their own hard shanties, their own spots they fish etc etc. If someone was pestering you sure wasn't someone who grew up fishing Southbay. Relative to the hillbilly /inbred comments. Those are great comments to make.....as long as your from here.

I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #2775 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:33 PM »
yea probally a weekend warrior! ive met some nice guys on south bay.

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #2776 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:34 PM »
Practice practice practice ... Gotta keep experimenting .... Last few we caught were on nothing you think a lake trout would be interested in ... ... Find the new hot lure or scent ...... Oops did I say scent !!!! .... Now don't you all go running to the nearest grocery store buying $5.00 shrimp rings !!!!!
*REMOVED*

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #2777 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:37 PM »
i bet you can catch lakers on a shrimp if you tried long enough! I wanna try putting some spinners above a pimple and see if that helps. anybody try this yet? like some spinny blades or something.

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2778 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:43 PM »
I caught my first four pound smallie this year.  It's funny how loosely some people I knew/know would throw out they caught a Five pounder.  Those are big fish!

I know enough people from Whitehall to talk smack.

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2779 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:44 PM »
youre right bluemountainlaker there are some good guys that fish the bay up here. Also admittedly there are dirt bags that fish up here that are both local and out of towners. Additionally I might add i've run into both great people and fair amount of a-holes throughout my years of fishing LG. It's almost like no matter what you do in life there will some bad eggs along the way no matter where you are what you're doing. Glad to see this forum is holding true to that sentiment.

-signed
employed, college educated, home owner, general contributor to society from Whitehall, NY
I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

Offline icedpapermouth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2780 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:49 PM »
There are jerks where ever you are. There is always "that guy" like at work, in the line waiting fo gas that doesn't move their vehicle, and on the ice etc... That being said Whitehall is an easy target for JOKES. I can't imagine people are serious in these little jeers towards the place. Just a little razzing.

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2781 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:50 PM »
I was fortunate enough today to meet and fish with a great group of guys.Jager,WEC,BCShanty,Anthony, and Butch.Had a blast and we caught a few fish!Hope to do it again sometime soon.Thanks again Mike for the invite.Here is a pic of my new personal best laker caught on a jig rod.10.5 lbs!

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2782 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:53 PM »
That is a hog!!! :thumbsup:
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline icedpapermouth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2783 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:53 PM »
 :clap: Nice fatty!

Offline ice tripper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ice tripping all over the capital region for 30yrs
« Reply #2784 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:55 PM »
Congrats baitbox on your PB ;D very nice fish :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2785 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:59 PM »
Thanks Jon!

Very nice baitbox.

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2786 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:01 PM »
Btw, there aint no fish in that lake. You bunch of liars.  :laugh:

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2787 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:09 PM »
I am half german/irish and half redneck.. I'm definitely a chameleon of the world. I adapt to my surroundings and enjoy doing a variety of thangs..Thank you for everyone's nice comments regarding my experience this weekend.. i look forward to meeting the good ones on the ice..

Anyone on here fishing blairs bay this weekend? I was perchin near friends point and saw a nice little gathering of people across the lake. Would love to say hello and fish next weekend. I'll be around on Sunday.
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2788 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:12 PM »
There are jerks where ever you are. There is always "that guy" like at work, in the line waiting fo gas that doesn't move their vehicle, and on the ice etc... That being said Whitehall is an easy target for JOKES. I can't imagine people are serious in these little jeers towards the place. Just a little razzing.

Dude... The cops there busted Trey Anastasio.  Bad vibes there brah!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2789 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:15 PM »

Nice Trout Bait box. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.