New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346810 times)

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #2430 on: Jan 26, 2014, 07:43 PM »
man those lakers have a serious feedbag on them and it looks like they are eating alot bigger meals then Smelt!

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2431 on: Jan 26, 2014, 08:11 PM »
Any word on ice around anthony's nose sure there's not much in the main lake up there but sometimes you get a little earlier ice from the boat launch over

I was on Blairs Bay on Saturday.  Measured 5"of ice everywhere I went.  I did not go out into the main lake but the ice was solid all the way across the lake and around the point to Anthony's Nose.  No wheelers out yet, should be no problem by next weekend.
A bent rod is a good rod!

Offline dollartrifecta

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2432 on: Jan 26, 2014, 08:12 PM »
I was recently granted access to pilot knob area , off Oakley way.  I don't know much about the area, anyone familiar?

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2433 on: Jan 26, 2014, 08:18 PM »
I was recently granted access to pilot knob area , off Oakley way.  I don't know much about the area, anyone familiar?

laker country.

Offline grubberfishhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Adirondack Icefishing Adventures
« Reply #2434 on: Jan 26, 2014, 08:18 PM »
Heading out on the King tomorrow to get them lakers. Thats the third person in a day I've heard getting alot of trout. can't miss it. tight lines ;)
knowledge-"don't hide it divide it"

Offline MJB518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2435 on: Jan 26, 2014, 08:24 PM »
Today was my first time targeting lakers on lake george. I was not disappointed.  Landed 5. Lost 3 seen several others. 2 biggest were 24". Not huge by any means but 1 of them fought like a tank. It was also my first time out with my new PK lures. I WILL be buying some extras!!! Its a PITA trying to take a photo by yourself!!  I need a fishing buddy. ;)

Offline grubberfishhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Adirondack Icefishing Adventures
« Reply #2436 on: Jan 26, 2014, 08:26 PM »
Nice job! maybe i will see you out there ;)
knowledge-"don't hide it divide it"

Offline Barebow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always fishing for something!
« Reply #2437 on: Jan 26, 2014, 09:46 PM »
Nice fat laker Tony!! Good to have a day off, huh?  Barebow

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2438 on: Jan 27, 2014, 02:53 AM »
Awesome job on the lakers guys! Thanks for sharing your catches..... :thumbsup:

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2439 on: Jan 27, 2014, 03:32 AM »
Nice lakers Tony.

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2440 on: Jan 27, 2014, 04:30 AM »
Thanks guys. Barebow it is nice having a weekend off and still be able to beat the crowds ;D all I can say is thank you navionics... best 10 dollars money can buy lol

Offline dakota man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2441 on: Jan 27, 2014, 05:46 AM »
Good job Tony. Nice fish.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2442 on: Jan 27, 2014, 05:51 AM »
What crowds? 

The ice was almost empty …….  my buddy bailed because of the forecast.

When i setup at 7 AM it was clear sky and dead calm ……  wind picked up a little but it was a killer day of fishing for me with one other group within 1,000 yards.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #2443 on: Jan 27, 2014, 08:15 AM »
What crowds? 

The ice was almost empty …….  my buddy bailed because of the forecast.

When i setup at 7 AM it was clear sky and dead calm ……  wind picked up a little but it was a killer day of fishing for me with one other group within 1,000 yards.

wish I could have joined you. I think we are sticking around here this weekend in search of lakers and toothy critters so my boy can get in on the action
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline slabcommander

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2444 on: Jan 27, 2014, 09:12 AM »
URL=http://s122.photobucket.com/user/Furslayer1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps98a8b7b8.jpg.html][/URL]
Took my sis out the other day for pike.......she tells me on the way out she only has two hours to fish! I said "your killin me 2 hours!?" sure enough and hour later 35" 10#

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #2445 on: Jan 27, 2014, 09:44 AM »
Nice fish, Tony.    Love the colorations too, just a gorgeous char.  My buddies and I got out ourselves this weekend.   Bite was decent Saturday in the storm, but Sunday once the south wind restarted, the fish swam and hid somewhere...  Didn't find anything less than 3.5" of ice anywhere.

Did get this pretty fish

JJ

« Reply #2446 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:03 AM »
Had my first trip of the season with clients yesterday, they never ice fished before. They wanted pike and lakers so I set up in a spot we could put out tip-ups and jig for some trout.

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2447 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:19 AM »
I fished yesterday and the  two of us landed 7 fish in four hours with 2 dozen chasers  and a few missed hook sets.. One 24"  the rest between 20" and 23".  We used one vex for two holes and sweetish pimples.  One jigging at 40' and the other on bottom 75'   It worked very well!  The Lakers would chase right up the water column and decide not to bite once they swam up to 20' below the surface, well then they'd swim back down and just as they would pass the jig at  40' down the other guy would reel right up on it and WHAM!  Got em!  I think we got 2 or three like that maybe more.  Really fun half day!

We marked a lot of fish after the wind came up but they got a lot less aggressive and stopped biting.  Still short chases but no takers after noon.

Offline slabcommander

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2448 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:26 AM »
Awesome day JJ I bet they are hooked for life now. Get the pike on live bait? If you don't mind sharing

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2449 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:26 AM »
Iv found fishing in the same shack for lakers to kill mu numbers. Sometimes it seems the fish will go back and forth and either get frustrated or wise to the situation and then leave. Im no pro at this but it seems when only one line was in you could entice the fish to hit every time the fish saw the other bait it would go back and forth and leave. Sweet that you figured out a method for it as it can get a little lonely out there jigging Lakers. My buddies laugh cause we go together then barely see each other all day.

Offline bassinbrian_on_ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lakers are Fun !
« Reply #2450 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:29 AM »
WTG Capt ... i'm sure they were plenty happy  ;D      But they sure look cold LOL
Just passing time until spring Stripers !

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2451 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:48 AM »
nice fish JJ!!   

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2452 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:54 AM »
Iv found fishing in the same shack for lakers to kill mu numbers. Sometimes it seems the fish will go back and forth and either get frustrated or wise to the situation and then leave. Im no pro at this but it seems when only one line was in you could entice the fish to hit every time the fish saw the other bait it would go back and forth and leave. Sweet that you figured out a method for it as it can get a little lonely out there jigging Lakers. My buddies laugh cause we go together then barely see each other all day.

^^ I dont think i'll use that tecnique all that often.  You see, I had a vex and my buddy had a shanty. 

He better have his Vex next time.  I was just trying to be nice since he left his on the charger or something

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2453 on: Jan 27, 2014, 12:57 PM »
Big red very nice baby laker mine was a fry compared to that pig ;). JJ very nice fish. It was amazing how fast the went from non stop action to nothing after that front came through yesterday

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2454 on: Jan 27, 2014, 01:17 PM »
It was amazing how fast the went from non stop action to nothing after that front came through yesterday

holy crap you're not kidding!!   They just straight up disappeared.  I've never seen anything like it...not even during the March doldrums...

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #2455 on: Jan 27, 2014, 01:29 PM »
Nice looking fish guys :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2456 on: Jan 27, 2014, 01:59 PM »
Nice fish guys.Glad to see that the fish are still cooperating some.I will be back after them tomorrow.

Offline chuckrudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2457 on: Jan 27, 2014, 02:26 PM »
nice

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2458 on: Jan 27, 2014, 03:36 PM »

Hey Chuck, I'm glad to see that you're back on the site, hope you're feeling better. :)

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2459 on: Jan 27, 2014, 04:03 PM »
Vat ist German, Black und Vite and schtinks like schkoonk??? Yep, that would be me! High hopes today leaving the house at 3 am to get to the King by daybreak soon to be dashed by stupid crazy winds and a rock bottom barometer! LOL! I don't like this!  >:(

On the bright side, I had the pleasure of making the acquaintance of Jeff, aka "Reel Force"! Helluva nice guy and a great fisherman! He on the other hand came away smelling like fish, as did my Bros Butch with 8 for 9 and Jon with at least 5 if not more!

Der ist no joy in Jägerland tonight! LOL!  ;D

Hope everyone else did better!

MK

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.