Author Topic: New Striker 5cv Vivid question.  (Read 1807 times)

Van Noord

New Striker 5cv Vivid question.
« on: Oct 16, 2021, 09:23 AM »
Just received my Striker 5cv ice bundle in the mail and noticed I do not get the ClearVu options on the home screen when I'm out of simulation mode.

Simulation mode for ClearVu only works when your transducer is connected which it is...the transducer remains connected when simulation mode is off but then the ClearVu sonar options disappear from the homescreen.

Is this something that needs to be in the water to be detected and will show on the home screen then?

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: New Striker 5cv Vivid question.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2021, 01:03 PM »
On my striker 5cv i dont think i can use clear vu with the gt8 ice ducer.dont quote me on that tho.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2021, 03:44 PM »
Yeah im pretty sure its only available in menu with the boat ducer.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2021, 05:35 PM »
Ive only had my striker 5cv a few seasons but when using the gt8 ice ducer that comes with the ice pack i dont think its compatiable with the clear vu feature,thats a open water feature that needs the appropriate open water transducer.i can only use traditional sonar,ascope or flasher using the gt8.i dont like how i cant run traditional and flasher split screen but can use zoom and regular view split and ascope.like i said im not all that great with the features yet but know ive never been able to select clear vu with the gt8.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2021, 06:10 PM »
Nice,thanks for the tip!i use my vexilars most but learning to use the garmin more.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5 on: Oct 17, 2021, 08:54 AM »
Thanks again for that tip.i reconfigured my striker 5 for 3/4 screen sonar and 1/4 flasher.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.