Author Topic: Lite Flite Auger Freezing Up  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Howser

• IceShanty Rookie
Lite Flite Auger Freezing Up
« on: Jan 23, 2020, 08:54 AM »
Are others experiencing the Lite Flite Auger head freezing up more than other augers? I was fishing side by side with the Lite Flite and Eskimo Pistol bit both in 6 inch in single digits and noticed that the Lite Flite head seemed to ice up more than the Pistol bit. Wanted to see if others had similar experiences?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Lite Flite Auger Freezing Up
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2020, 12:32 PM »
i would have thought it to go the other way around with the ring eskimo uses. a few ideas are to spin the water off after removing it from the ice. another idea is spray lubricant on it so the water can shed easier. could do both.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2020, 08:35 AM »
I used my lite flite last sun which was probably the coldest and slushiest it's been all year.

It got some ice on it but not enough to keep it from drilling, none on the flite, just some on the  bottom near blades.

I didnt do anything special, just popped holes set down the auger outside, grabbed battery and went into my pullover.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline BowHunter1527

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2020, 06:53 PM »
Ive noticed this as well. For what ever reason it does ice up more than my SM 40V metal auger. Ive never had it not cut but it takes a bit to get it to bite sometimes. Otherwise its been great, im running on my 40V and love it.
"Did you  clip your barbs,  you remember to clip your barbs."

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2020, 09:52 PM »
Ive noticed this as well. For what ever reason it does ice up more than my SM 40V metal auger. Ive never had it not cut but it takes a bit to get it to bite sometimes. Otherwise its been great, im running on my 40V and love it.

I've actually found the opposite. I've had to smack some ice off my 40v metal flights. I have yet to do it on my lite flite. That said. I have 3 seasons on my 40v and a half a season on the lite flite

I havent used the lite flite on my 40v head. I just went and got a 2804 to use on the lite flite.

I'll use the 40v when and if we ever get deep ice.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.