Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Salmon

New To Salmon Under The Ice Any Tips For A Guy!!!

<< < (5/5)

wiretowire4:

--- Quote from: salmonboy41 on Jan 22, 2010, 03:01 PM ---ok first of all what kind of salmon are you fishing for? second trebble hooks really come on thats dumb anyone who uses them is just a snagger!!!!!! who migrated out of burt dam and desided to go ice fishing. you want to use #8 hooks, minnows or smelt r the best, and one of the biggest things to do is if your in an area where there are alot of salmon don't use tipups best thing to do is use a normal rod and just set it under the ice, because tip ups will just make you angery if there are alot of salmon because of all the wasted time trying to get to flags and having no one home cause there super spooky.

--- End quote ---

wiretowire4:
 Im fishing Lake George New York which the only salmon in there are landlock alantic salmon. Smelt are prohibited on Lake George. But treble hooks are perfectly legal for ice fishing on Lake George according to the New York Regulations. And if i foul hook a fish i ALWAYS release it, but i never seen a fish snagged on a number 14 trebel. So instead of calling me a snagger and telling me i came out of some dam think that different techniques are used in different places i asked for advice and i got attitude. But,wiener thanks for your post i will try it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version