Indiana > Ice Fishing Indiana

Ice thickness South of Indy.?

(1/1)

Vernal Pike:
Anybody know the ice thickness in ponds around Counties Sullivan, green, Lawrence, Morgan  Bartholomew?

JDH46151:
I was down there last Sunday and there was less than 2" on a couple of smaller pits at the edge of Greene Sullivan.  I plan on going back down there this weekend to check again.

Hog Daddy:
No ice down here, go North.   ;D   Ok, so I have been checking the neighbor's small pond here in BC.  This morning's check.... where the sun hits all day it was 2 3/4 ....where shaded by trees for part of the day along one edge was 3.5.  I think you will find some fishable ice somewhere in the areas you mentioned  this weekend with the right conditions....I mean some 4 inch ice on small water.  I am guessing it will build about a half inch a day.  Then starting Monday thru Thursday looks like we are in the losing end with warmth and rain and just depends on how much rain.  Maybe if the ice gods are with us, it may recover and give us a second chance during the second week of Feb.  That's a long shot. That's my analysis.  Take it with a grain of salt like my wife does, lol. 

HHD

JDH46151:
Checked out a few lakes in Greene-Sullivan today.  It was hit or miss.  One lake has open edges while another had 5-6 inches.  Jackson has 3.5-4 on part of it but barely 2 on another section.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version