Author Topic: Safe Ice  (Read 3235 times)

Offline StriperSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
Safe Ice
« on: Jan 15, 2022, 12:29 PM »
Any safe ice up in the northern corner of the state? I may go spud some spots now in hopes of finding some ice for tomorrow.  Any suggestions much appreciated!!  Flags up!!

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Safe Ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2022, 03:36 PM »
Stopped by Lincoln woods and saw some holes on the beach side….checked north cove looked like 3 inches from the pressure cracks didn’t have my auger….by tomorrow should be some more safe spots. Spud bar and be safe.

Offline StriperSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2022, 06:02 PM »
Found some good ice I will post a report tomorrow! Thank you :tipup:

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2022, 09:19 PM »
Found 4-5” surprisingly at one of my local spots here today in northern RI. Small pond. The wind hurt the bigger spots but after today smaller spots/ protected coves might almost be there. Check and stay safe

Offline Reginald Bonz III

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2022, 07:20 AM »
Fished on 4.5 inches on Saturday..1 bass and 5 pickerel in about 5 hours.
Keep those holes clean and smooth

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2022, 10:43 AM »
Good to hear. Fished on 5 inches yesterday. 15 flags 6 perch and 3 bass. Felt good to be back out. Hopefully the wind and warmer temps today don't hurt much

Offline fredjiggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2022, 08:16 PM »
The dog and I visisted four ponds today. Here are my findings: Wilson's, 6-7 inches 350 feet off the boat ramp, Peck pond 7 inches at the deepest spot, Tillinghast pond 6-7 inches in cove near parking lot, Breakhart 4 inches 100 feet off boat launch. These aren't the rule, rather guidelines to be used with caution. Fred :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2022, 06:25 AM »
Thanks for the report I’ll check out some spots this weekend….stump didn’t look so great yesterday driving by it I think the wind got at it.

Offline StriperSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2022, 09:04 AM »
Great start to the trip

Offline rsw190

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2022, 05:40 PM »
Checked Barbers in SK this afternoon - taking its time. 2" to 3" around edges. Still open in the middle. Will check Wordens tomorrow.

Offline fredjiggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2022, 07:14 PM »
Does anyone in the community have any intel on Tillinghast Pond?  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2022, 07:37 PM »
Great start to the trip

Nice Larry!

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2022, 08:43 PM »
Fished today on 5-6” in northern RI on a small pond. 4 perch 2 bass and a few lost flags. Fishing most of the day tomorrow. Stay safe  :tipup:

Offline rsw190

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2022, 07:20 PM »
Lots of people on Wordens today.  One guy on Barbers on the old ice near the ramp. Where it was open water yesterday has skimmed over (dark ice).

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 2022, 08:16 PM »
Fished slack reservoir while the kids skated….6 inches of ice in the coves….1 slime dart. Barney’s had some action saw a couple blokes out there. Tight lines  :tipup:

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2022, 08:37 PM »
Fished slack reservoir while the kids skated….6 inches of ice in the coves….1 slime dart. Barney’s had some action saw a couple blokes out there. Tight lines  :tipup:
Good to hear my friend. Did those blokes on barneys get kicked off by a lady that lived right next to it?  ;D

Offline dancbass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2022, 07:21 AM »
Got out on a pond in NW corner of the state on Saturday...6-7" of ice...15 tilts = 25 fish ~ 6 hrs. No size. Awesome day.  :tipup:

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2022, 06:36 PM »
Got out for a few hours this afternoon at Lincoln woods. 6"+ everywhere I drilled. 2 flags but lost both. Lots of skaters and looked like there were a lot of people out over the weekend

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2022, 07:54 AM »
Got out for a few hours this afternoon at Lincoln woods. 6"+ everywhere I drilled. 2 flags but lost both. Lots of skaters and looked like there were a lot of people out over the weekend

My home base! Hockey and fishing  ;D. Don’t know if that pain in the rear called on the guys on Barney’s. Be safe out there!!!

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2022, 11:01 AM »
My home base! Hockey and fishing  ;D. Don’t know if that pain in the rear called on the guys on Barney’s. Be safe out there!!!
Yeah I'll bump into you one day out there. Eager to finally pull a trout through the ice out of there. And same to you  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.