Indiana > Ice Fishing Indiana

Houghton Lake

<< < (2/2)

taxi1:
A lot of fishing pressure on Michigan lakes...

I fished a lake in Michigan in September that was nothing like it was back in the 70's when I attended college up there. I blame at least some of that on the zebra mussels wiping out the bottom of the food chain.

river_scum:

--- Quote from: taxi1 on Dec 12, 2021, 08:25 AM ---A lot of fishing pressure on Michigan lakes...

I fished a lake in Michigan in September that was nothing like it was back in the 70's when I attended college up there. I blame at least some of that on the zebra mussels wiping out the bottom of the food chain.

--- End quote ---

still some killer waters up there but you have to get waaay out in the boondocks away from population.  like the hale mi. area.  we still have some great waters too if you put in the time to find them.  the muscles are a valid point too.  i have watched some satained lakes go to 10ft visibility and weed choked.  then they spray poison in them to kill the weeds.  ::)

Doeslayer:
Houghton is a great lake but its massive.... Can make for a long day if yiu dont find fish... But there are plenty of them in houghton.... But there are some smaller lakes within an hour of there that will probably produce for you better..... Especially during tipuptown.... A zillion jigs dangling in that lake by then

Ronnie D:
Houghton is a great place to fish for pike. Panfish is another story. I've spent 20 hrs in a darkhouse over the last week an the dinks seem to get smaller every year while I'm staring into mother natures aquarium sized hole.
A map is a must for finding hotspots & NEVER on a weekend, if you ride out looking like a veteran slushie w/ battle tested gear showing, some clown
is gonna follow you to setup close by no matter how far out ya get.

I make 1-2 trips a year up dat way till da ice creeps closer to home, after that, the circus is over for dis' slushie

Straight lines & swift tines to ya

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version