Author Topic: Insert Hyperlink  (Read 1637 times)

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
Insert Hyperlink
« on: Sep 23, 2021, 02:36 PM »
Is it no longer working? Weren't we able in the past to name the link and then insert the address? No longer an option to name the link...

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Insert Hyperlink
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2021, 03:21 PM »
I've also had issues with using the Insert Image button. I will fill it out an dput the address where teh photo is stored and when I submit the post my photos are not shwoing up. 
jbird68

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2021, 03:24 PM »
Ive had a couple issues with that but the Post Image link and sight has made it pretty easy. Are you using the preview button to test how it looks before you post. Id guess you may just be grabbing the wrong link for the pic?

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2021, 08:03 PM »

Working fine here. The top one my Smitty was done directly from the Add image to post  grab in the reply section for this site and the catfish was a copy and paste link from Postimage
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline Wapiti406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2021, 02:13 AM »
Hey Missoula.  I think I know what you're talking about.  You want the text of your choosing to show up as a link, and not have the entire URL in the post?  I don't know if something changed but I always manually type the code.  When you click the hyperlink box you get the open bracketurlclose bracket then a open bracket/url close bracket, then you'd paste your URL in between them.  This ends up listing the entire URL, which looks messy

https://www.reedssports.com/ice-fishing/electronics-1/ice-fishing-electronics-flashers-sonar

To make your own text you modify the first set of brackets to look like open bracketurl=https://www.reedssports.com/ice-fishing/electronics-1/ice-fishing-electronics-flashers-sonarclose bracket Reeds Sports open bracket/url close bracket

So I inserted an = after the "url" in the coding, then pasted the web address and moved the first ] to the end of the pasted address.  Then I inserted my desired text and left end of the code as is.

Reeds Sports

Hope that makes some kind of sense.  It's hard to describe the code sometimes.

I realize you posted this question more than a month ago, but thought I'd try to help anyway.  Good luck this season.  Maybe I'll see you on GTL.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2021, 09:21 AM »
Understood!!! Thank you Sir!! Makes perfect sense and I will keep my eyes open 😊😊😊

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.